After the Direct who really cares about Xbox going third party? Let's talk. Rate the Direct.

What would you rate the Direct?

• Total voters

KvallyX

Icon Extra
13 Nov 2023
I am excited for Indy and Hellblade 2. Mana and ARA look like hot garbage to me. Avowed, that is wait and see still. I don’t give two fucks about the Elder Scrolls Online expansion.

Reactions: Gamernyc78

Shmunter

Veteran
22 Jul 2022
Indiana Jones as an FPS is a literal joke. It will turn to mow down the Nazis with a machine gun shooter. Hellblade was supposed to be a flagship title but is just an AA indie again.

My expectations were nowhere near met.

Last edited:

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
What’s the earliest release they showed… May? So nothing till then.

Helldivers, Ronin and FF7 part 2 all drop months before any of that stuff and every single one of them more exciting than any of this. That’s the benefit of Sony only showcasing things launching within the next six months and don’t tease games that are half a decade out.

So once again Xbox promoting stuff way down the pike. And unfortunately this is it?

Indiana Jones is laughable. Now worthless IP and low effort shovelware. And Hellblade looks like the same kind of game the first one was… that no one gave a shit about.

Fail. Even less reasons to buy an Xbox this year.

Reactions: PS_ROCKS and pop
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
What’s the earliest release they showed… May? So nothing till then.

Helldivers, Ronin and FF7 part 2 all drop months before any of that stuff and every single one of them more exciting than any of this. That’s the benefit of Sony only showcasing things launching within the next six months and don’t tease games that are half a decade out.

So once again Xbox promoting stuff way down the pike. And unfortunately this is it?

Indiana Jones is laughable. Now worthless IP and low effort shovelware. And Hellblade looks like the same kind of game the first one was… that no one gave a shit about.

Fail. Even less reasons to buy an Xbox this year.
Yeah some fans do not put things in context and just watch a damn game shown four years in a row lol with barely gameplay which will seem to be restrictive asf again and say "wow tht looks so good and da best" meanwhile others are playing real games with freedom of movement tht still look da best.

Last edited:

peter42O

Veteran
Icon Extra
12 Jan 2024
Surprising, you are not excited for one of the few games that actually looks great, but you're cheerleading for the other subpar shit. You're so transparent.

Ara looks great but i have zero interest in the genre. Also, im not a visuals/graphics guy. If I was, I would just go play on PC. Hellblade 2 looks amazing and best of all, should be a short 15 hour game for me which is great. My only issue with Hellblade 2 as of now are the black bars on the top of bottom of the screen. Hated that in The Order 1886 and The Evil Within. Will hate it in Hellblade 2 if I can't turn them off. Avowed's environments look great and while I'll be the first to admit that the character models, faces and animations aren't up to par, that's not why im interested in the game or why I will play it. As for Indiana Jones, it looks amazing to me and I have zero complaints with the game. They get young Harrison Ford likeness in the game is a huge plus as I didn't think that would happen, the music and audio is going to be amazing, story and characters should interesting plus has Tony Todd in it which is a plus and combat/gameplay look really good. Best part is that seems more focused on puzzles and exploration than it does combat like in Uncharted and Tomb Raider. I know people are complaining about it being in first person but let's be honest, if it was third person, all anyone would do is compare it to Uncharted and Tomb Raider which I don't want because I want a different experience. I don't want the same experience as those two franchises because I've already that experience eight times already. Indiana Jones is by far my most anticipated game of 2024 even though I wouldn't be shocked to see it get delayed to early 2025. Either way is fine with me. But to each their own.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
You're tastes are totally opposite to mine. Its like you're a coprophiliac.
Very subjective shit on other forums ppl gave the direct an overwhelming A lol I can't understand that but hey diff tastes.

Reactions: PS_ROCKS

KvallyX

Icon Extra
13 Nov 2023
You're tastes are totally opposite to mine. Its like you're a coprophiliac.
Oh my, how should we continue to live in this world? I sense a disturbance in the force. That, or your going shrimping 🤷‍♂️

Bro I don't know but I was on gaf and like 50 ppl said it was an A 🤣 Hey I think maybe 5% of tht 50 might really believe tht.
Gaf = Exanimate

• they're_right_you_know

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
Oh my, how should we continue to live in this world? I sense a disturbance in the force. That, or your going shrimping 🤷‍♂️

Gaf = Exanimate
Its not my fault you love MUH GRAFHX THE GAME and simultaneously an Indy trailer where they seemingly didn't even add character lighting yet.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
This sure doesn't make me say "wow I look forward to what thru got cooking on the next showcase"

Last edited:
  • Shake
Reactions: KiryuRealty

reziel

Veteran
12 Jun 2023
Was just thinking about the anti-third party narrative and realised two of the core arguments are contradictory.
1. "If Xbox gets out of the console market Sony will have a monopoly and we need a new competitor."
2. "Consoles are dying and Sony will also go third party."

If consoles are dying there isn't need for competition since anti-competitive consoles will die faster as consumers write them off. If Sony needs a new competitor, because it is in such a strong position that everyone will be forced to buy playstation, how can they be forced to go third party?

No rhyme or reason to the arguments, just cope.
I personally don't think we would have to worry about P.S losing stride if Xbox dropped out. Their parent company Sony has always pushed for the best cinematography they could in their movies and tv series, and their games are just a mirroring of that. For whatever reason, someone started the nonsense of their games only look the way they do because of trying to beat Xbox.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
I personally don't think we would have to worry about P.S losing stride if Xbox dropped out. Their parent company Sony has always pushed for the best cinematography they could in their movies and tv series, and their games are just a mirroring of that. For whatever reason, someone started the nonsense of their games only look the way they do because of trying to beat Xbox.
Sony will always be Sony those quality of games won't go away bmif Xbox leaves Sony was making banging ganes even before Xbox was in the picture.

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
Anyone who thinks Xbox is necessary for PlayStation to do great things is, to be blunt, fucking stupid.
But there needs to be competition. You know, like the last 10 years where xbox had fuck all and Sony still had great games. Or, you know, the VR push Sony did despite not having any competition from xbox in that department.