Ampere Analysis / Console Sales: PS5 (21.7 million), Xbox Series X|S (13.8 million)

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
That ban was really weird, tbh, were you posting at the time? Or were you here already?
We were in discord… this site didn’t exists yet.
It was actually showing to somebody that was adamant that DF said it was easy to reach over 40fps in the Matrix demo when Alex (covered the demo) said that even with high end GPU the game dropped to 20fps sometimes.

I showed the actual transcript from the DF video plus the article and he keep replying it was not what he said.

So I got the ban… it was one of my last posts in GAF…. probably received a lot of reports because that is what most Xbox fans do there… I can remember who were I was discussing but a place that let Riky, Lognor, Manabyte, etc run freely shows what side the mods are.

Even when you confront them with actual data and facts they choose to ban you instead them.

BTW I believe the user I was discussing was an alt.

Last edited:
Reactions: riesgoyfortuna

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
I honestly think CoD will take a bigger hit than Sony. We’ve seen this happen before. MS makes something timed exclusive, that something loses money.
Third parties need Sony more than Sony need them.
I guess so.
A good part of PlayStation fans won’t buy CoD anymore just because Activision was brought.

DarkMage619

Verified Gamepass Reseller
15 Jul 2022
You are five. Of course they say what they said, it's a business. Losing COD revenue is a major loss of revenue, they wouldn't say it can be replace.

Doesn't take a genius to figure it out, but probably requires a bit more than mouth breathing
Signs of a weak mind to name call buddy. I hope one day you elevate above your current mouth breathing status as you describe yourself.

There is no doubt CoD is a huge franchise, agreed on that. It's also good that MS has said it will honor existing contracts and beyond to keep it multi-platform. I can't say I'm in total agreement with you on MS' willingness to keep their IP multi-platform, though. Removing an entire publisher's worth of games from Sony and, to a lesser extent, Nintendo makes me look at the issue a little less generously than you.

MS will honor current contracts. There is already been proven in the past. Sony is complaining about something that isn't happening. There are plenty of examples of MS putting IP they own on platforms they don't own.

Perhaps Sony is concerned MS will do what Sony would obviously do if they owned Activision. Xbox would never get another CoD again.

laynelane

Veteran
14 Jul 2022
MS will honor current contracts. There is already been proven in the past. Sony is complaining about something that isn't happening. There are plenty of examples of MS putting IP they own on platforms they don't own.

Perhaps Sony is concerned MS will do what Sony would obviously do if they owned Activision. Xbox would never get another CoD again.

Yes, there's examples of them honoring current contracts although the phrasing should be abiding by legally binding contracts. I stated that it's good that MS is keeping CoD multi-platform, but disagreed with your assessment of their willingness to keep titles multi-platform. You somehow turned this into a Sony vs. XBox showdown in your head. The fact is MS has already proven to be far from magnanimous in this regard. If you would like to postulate about what Sony would do in the same situation, then by all means go ahead. I prefer to deal in facts and am specifically referring to what has occurred and is occurring.

Hezekiah

Veteran
23 Jul 2022
I simply can’t understand why Riky and CatLady were overlooked for so long but they banned me for harassment while being harassed by CatLady for days. That’s when I committed to not going back to that place
What was she doing following you around the forum?

Biggest problem with that place (apart from certain individuals obviously) is the inconsistency of the moderation.

DonFerrari

Banned
14 Jul 2022
I guess so.
A good part of PlayStation fans won’t buy CoD anymore just because Activision was brought.

lol, do you honestly believe this? That any tangible amount of fans won’t buy the game just because of an acquisition? Because if that’s what you mean, that’s the worst take in a thread about hardware sales guesses and some other dude said Titanfall being exclusive “killed the franchise” even though it sold millions, and the sequel sold millions, and you have Apex, and Titanfall 3 eventually. But your take is still worse.

Every year the internets is loaded with edgelords claiming they’ll never buy a CoD and yet the games still sell tens of millions.

Reactions: Deleted member 51

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
lol, do you honestly believe this? That any tangible amount of fans won’t buy the game just because of an acquisition? Because if that’s what you mean, that’s the worst take in a thread about hardware sales guesses and some other dude said Titanfall being exclusive “killed the franchise” even though it sold millions, and the sequel sold millions, and you have Apex, and Titanfall 3 eventually. But your take is still worse.

Every year the internets is loaded with edgelords claiming they’ll never buy a CoD and yet the games still sell tens of millions.
Yes.
Sales proved time and time that that indeed do happen.

BTW some internets really stopped to buy CoD the franchise used to sell double what it sell today.

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
What was she doing following you around the forum?

Biggest problem with that place (apart from certain individuals obviously) is the inconsistency of the moderation.
She was annoyed that I wasn't falling for her baits and was trying to make me have a meltdown... and she failed. And then they banned me while protecting Lognor and her :)
I guess so.
I wonder what the new narrative will be when CoD fails to bring people to Xbox

Reactions: Hezekiah

DonFerrari

Banned
14 Jul 2022
Yes.
Sales proved time and time that that indeed do happen.

Cool, please share these sales from the other times when Activision was acquired and the effect it had on sales of CoD 😆

This type of nonsense is exactly why you get permabanned everywhere, except it’s typically more PS warrior focused.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Cool, please share these sales from the other times when Activision was acquired and the effect it had on sales of CoD 😆

This type of nonsense is exactly why you get permabanned everywhere, except it’s typically more PS warrior focused.
Just check the sales data after October 28.

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
People will make the assumption Modern Warfare is necessary for purchase for Warzone 2. Until mindshare begins to separate the two retail CoD will sell because of f2p Warzone and essentially act as a 70$ battlepass.

It’s been working this way for the last few years already. Cold War is kinda hanging on still but Vanguard may currently have less active playerbase than Cold War.

Modern Warfare will sell huge undoubtedly but we’re going to have to see what happens to their arena pvp.

I would even take the arena CoD f2p and have yearly campaigns be their own dlc every year. Halo was supposed to do this but it hasn’t panned out yet.

DarkMage619

Verified Gamepass Reseller
15 Jul 2022
Yes, there's examples of them honoring current contracts although the phrasing should be abiding by legally binding contracts. I stated that it's good that MS is keeping CoD multi-platform, but disagreed with your assessment of their willingness to keep titles multi-platform. You somehow turned this into a Sony vs. XBox showdown in your head. The fact is MS has already proven to be far from magnanimous in this regard. If you would like to postulate about what Sony would do in the same situation, then by all means go ahead. I prefer to deal in facts and am specifically referring to what has occurred and is occurring.
The facts speak for themselves with the clear actions Sony and MS have taken. It is clear the companies are not doing the same things even if they are both operating in the same space. Magnominity has nothing to do with it.

Facts are Sony is far more likely to make content exclusive to deny that is to deny reality. MS has put numerous IP they own on non-Xbox platforms. You haven't been paying attention if you think I'm the only person aware of this. CoD is remaining multi-platform just like Minecraft. Sony was arguing a hypothetical that doesn't match what MS has been actually doing for years.

• haha
Reactions: Old Gamer

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
You really think it will sell less than Vanguard?

You are crazy with this one my friend.
IMO it will sell less than the previous game from Infinity Ward Call of Duty: Modern Warfare where most will compre it sales.
But even talking about different developers I think it will sell less than Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War and Call of Duty: Vanguard.

laynelane

Veteran
14 Jul 2022
The facts speak for themselves with the clear actions Sony and MS have taken. It is clear the companies are not doing the same things even if they are both operating in the same space. Magnominity has nothing to do with it.

Facts are Sony is far more likely to make content exclusive to deny that is to deny reality. MS has put numerous IP they own on non-Xbox platforms. You haven't been paying attention if you think I'm the only person aware of this. CoD is remaining multi-platform just like Minecraft. Sony was arguing a hypothetical that doesn't match what MS has been actually doing for years.

I wonder if there's actually a way to get through to you that it is possible to talk about this industry through a non-warring lens. That you can still like XBox or Sony or Nintendo or Steam and also be critical. That you talking about Sony arguing a hypothetical while doing the exact same yourself is the antithesis of a fact-based discussion and, no matter how I phrase it, you will not get what I mean by sticking to facts. I could bring up the fact that MS bought a publisher and removed their future games from two different platforms and millions of people. While also saying "when everybody plays, we all win". The same will happen with some titles from Activision-Blizzard too, just not CoD if their purchase of yet another publisher goes through. These are facts. If you wish to applaud this because you want XBox to "win" then so be it. That's fine, it's honest. But continually evading any genuine discussion by saying "but Sony" is very transparent and, frankly, uninteresting to engage with.

• brain
Reactions: Gods&Monsters