Ampere Analysis / Console Sales: PS5 (21.7 million), Xbox Series X|S (13.8 million)

Dr Bass

The doctor is in
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Lol, suddenly Piers and Ampere Analysis became unreliable and biased? 😛 Haven't you been treating Ampere's numbers as gospel on this forum for a while now? 😄

Receipts:
What a thorough torching.

This gen is already “over” in terms of sales competition. Doesn’t really matter though. I just want great games from all the platforms.

OP
OP
Heisenberg007

Heisenberg007

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
No, just saying that your "analysis" is a joke while Piers at least tries to get to a real estimate 🤷‍♂️ I still think he's lowballing.
So he wasn't overestimating the numbers when he was talking about Gamepass?

But he is underestimating the numbers when he is now talking about the low Xbox console sales?

Season 4 Wow GIF by The Office

• fire
Reactions: Hobbygaming

Bernd Lauert

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
So he wasn't overestimating the numbers when he was talking about Gamepass?
He got the Gamepass number from Microsoft. We're talking about XBLG. And no, compared to your "0" number, he was not overestimating.
But he is underestimating the numbers when he is now talking about the low Xbox console sales?
I think so, yes. Other analysts have the number quite a bit higher. And before you try for another desperate gotcha, I'm not talking about VGChartz 😘

OP
OP
Heisenberg007

Heisenberg007

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
He got the Gamepass number from Microsoft. We're talking about XBLG. And no, compared to your "0" number, he was not overestimating.

I think so, yes. Other analysts have the number quite a bit higher. And before you try for another desperate gotcha, I'm not talking about VGChartz 😘
He did NOT get that $2.2 billion number from Microsoft. He also did NOT get the 16 million active XBLG number from Microsoft.

That was all you trying to reach and connect things that weren't there lol.

OP
OP
Heisenberg007

Heisenberg007

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Will this have any tangible effect on any of the platforms?
Yes.

Fewer Xbox consoles sold = fewer third-party software sales + less in-app purchases and MTX money + fewer exclusive games + fewer first-party sales + less marketshare and brand value + fewer subscribers + fewer MAUs = less revenue = fewer and/or lower-quality first-party games.

So on and so forth.

• haha
Reactions: DynamiteCop

DynamiteCop

Banned
2 Jul 2022
@DynamiteCop That's wrong. By this time, month 20th, Xbox 360 had only sold 10.40 million units, not 15+ million. It hit 15 million units in month #26 -- half a year later.

13.8 million units for Xbox X|S puts it ahead of Xbox 360 and doesn't negate what Nadella said (who, btw, was only talking about the North American market anyway).
Lmao so you discredit VGChartz on one hand and then try to use them as a basis of argument on the other. You're done.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Deleted member 51

azertydu91

4 Jul 2022
Yes.

Fewer Xbox consoles sold = fewer third-party software sales + less in-app purchases and MTX money + fewer exclusive games + fewer first-party sales + less marketshare and brand value + fewer subscribers + fewer MAUs = less revenue = fewer and/or lower-quality first-party games.

So on and so forth.

Lmao so you discredit VGChartz on one hand and then try to use them as a basis of argument on the other. You're done.

"My baseless claim holds more grounds than you sourced claim...CHECKMATE"

Edit it somehow quoted the wrong post here, first post was supposed to be post #30.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Heisenberg007

Heisenberg007

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Such idiocy; much wow! Are all of you like this? 😄

That number 10.36 million number for Xbox 360 is not an estimate by VGChartz. That is official data from Microsoft. Remember they used to share numbers and not hide them during the 360 generation?

That 15 million for Xbox Series X|S by VG Chartz is an estimate.

Is it really that hard to understand?

OP
OP
Heisenberg007

Heisenberg007

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Pure comedy gold. Both graphs are even on the same chart, but only the graph which confirms his narrative is true, while the other graph must be false.
Again. Such idiocy!

Xbox 360 numbers on the chart = Official MS data
Xbox Series X|S numbers on the chart = Estimates by VGChartz.