Angela design reportedly won't be changed in the final verison of Silent Hill 2 despite negative internet reactions

Status
Not open for further replies.

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
People are nitpicking about the character design because its fucking bloober team making it, This is to be expected lol why are people acting surprised. People have deemed Bloober team not worthy of making a Silent Hill game right from the start and frankly I agree with them because nothing that has been shown by them has lived up to what a classic like Silent Hill 2 should be in 2024.

If bloober team were making a run of the mill horror game no one give 2 fucks about whether the character design in it is a 400 pound land whale, this is all because Konami acted like the remake is a government contract and awarded it to the bid that cost the least

GachaMadeMeBroke

26 Nov 2023
People are nitpicking about the character design because its fucking bloober team making it, This is to be expected lol why are people acting surprised. People have deemed Bloober team not worthy of making a Silent Hill game right from the start and frankly I agree with them because nothing that has been shown by them has lived up to what a classic like Silent Hill 2 should be in 2024.

If bloober team were making a run of the mill horror game no one give 2 fucks about whether the character design in it is a 400 pound land whale, this is all because Konami acted like the remake is a government contract and awarded it to the bid that cost the least

The first page has a meme with Shawne Benson and bringing up Sweet Baby Inc. it’s the usual reasons why a character is being criticized.

This pretty much sums up how I feel.

I worry if for the rest of this gen and maybe all of next gen we are going to be going thru gamers cherry picking bad angles of every game character out there to complain about how someone looks

It’ll probably continue unfortunately. It’s not new but it is happening more and more. It’s annoying because it just sucks the air out of conversations about the actual game.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Darth Vader

Dick Jones

Corporate Dick
Icon Extra
5 Jul 2022
That's incidental
and no. That is so stupid to think that
Then what does it matter to you?
How does it change the game negatively?

They toned down Maria's clothes which shows Bloober's misreading of Maria. That's an actual fuck up by them.

Polyh3dron

Veteran
31 Jan 2024
The dude doesn’t look like him either. Just just look avarage. Do you just throw hands every time a character doesn’t look bangable?
did it ever occur to you that it's not about characters looking "bangable"?

Dick Jones

Corporate Dick
Icon Extra
5 Jul 2022
did it ever occur to you that it's not about characters looking "bangable"?
Okay. So some of the characters don't look like the OG version.
Why is all the hate at the design of Angela and not the others?
How does it affect a person playing the remake or the story of Silent Hill 2?

Polyh3dron

Veteran
31 Jan 2024
Okay. So some of the characters don't look like the OG version.
Why is all the hate at the design of Angela and not the others?
How does it affect a person playing the remake or the story of Silent Hill 2?
say it with me.

remakes of old games are supposed to be improvements of the original games.

it's not just that they don't look like the OG version, they are objectively awful character design, additionally they feature some of the worst facial animation I've seen in a video game. Angela's jaw, for instance, is really oddly rigged and doesn't look like a proper human jaw. It's like Mass Effect Andromeda but worse.

The original game's character models look better. It's not sexual. It's technical and artistic. It may shock you, but some people don't play video games to fap to them.

I feel like I'm on GAF trying to explain to people why a Final Fantasy VII remake needs to be on a home console and not a Nintendo DS

Dick Jones

Corporate Dick
Icon Extra
5 Jul 2022
say it with me.

it's not just that they don't look like the OG version, they are objectively awful character design, additionally they feature some of the worst facial animation I've seen in a video game. Angela's jaw, for instance, is really oddly rigged and doesn't look like a proper human jaw. It's like Mass Effect Andromeda but worse.

The original game's character models look better. It's not sexual. It's technical and artistic. It may shock you, but some people don't play video games to fap to them.

I feel like I'm on GAF trying to explain to people why a Final Fantasy VII remake needs to be on a home console and not a Nintendo DS

If the characters models are all off, then why is the only character model people are complaining about is Angela? Isn't it strange that the complaints are that her model is chubby from an angle and this has dominated the discussion.

Bloober are notoriously mid so anyone expecting them to make a competent Silent Hill 2, the fault is on them. I saw things in their show this week that confirmed Bloober don't understand subtlety, and thus shouldn't be trusted to remake Silent Hill 2.

I resigned myself to not buying the remake because of Bloober. If the reviews are shockingly positive then I'll bite. Not before.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: anonpuffs

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
If the characters models are all off, then why is the only character model people are complaining about is Angela? Isn't it strange that the complaints are that her model is chubby from an angle and this has dominated the discussion.

Bloober are notoriously mid so anyone expecting them to make a competent Silent Hill 2, the fault is on them. I saw things in their show this week that confirmed Bloober don't understand subtlety, and thus shouldn't be trusted to remake Silent Hill 2.

I resigned myself to not buying the remake because of Bloober. If the reviews are shockingly positive then I'll bite. Not before.
because her model is the worst of the worst. Whats so hard to understand?
People are complaining about all characters

Ico

8 May 2024
images

she looks just liker her concept art for the OG game, cool detail

Reactions: Darth Vader

Dick Jones

Corporate Dick
Icon Extra
5 Jul 2022
What was sexualized about her original model? She looks like a regular human instead of a puffy face.
I can't believe I have to write that slightly overweight people are still people. It has no change to her character from the original and it would be easily explained effect from her trauma without even mentioning her weight in the remake.

Your complaint is a character looks puffy from an angle. If your complaint is not sexual, why do you object so much?

Dick Jones

Corporate Dick
Icon Extra
5 Jul 2022
because her model is the worst of the worst. Whats so hard to understand?
People are complaining about all characters
Read the title of this thread and say that again with a straight face.

Polyh3dron

Veteran
31 Jan 2024
I can't believe I have to write that slightly overweight people are still people. It has no change to her character from the original and it would be easily explained effect from her trauma without even mentioning her weight in the remake.

Your complaint is a character looks puffy from an angle. If your complaint is not sexual, why do you object so much?
you're just trolling at this point

Status
Not open for further replies.