Angela design reportedly won't be changed in the final verison of Silent Hill 2 despite negative internet reactions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Airbus

Veteran
30 Jun 2022
seriously though.

which version looks better?

NOXsT6u.png
The right W

Harry Maguire Sport GIF by Manchester United
Happy Man Utd GIF by Manchester United

• haha
Reactions: Fenton

Ico

8 May 2024
You made no real effort to answer and accuse me of trolling? I can't believe people get off on digital characters, it's fucking weird.

honest to god, some people should be on the olympics for how hard are their acrobatics to deny that they want to fap to a survival horror game

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Dick Jones

Ico

8 May 2024
Why does every discussion on these things turn into people calling others incels because they criticize a character design change?

its just common sense, you will always find tech bros being heated on AI discourse, chefs being passionate on discussion about food, and you can easily guess what type of guy gets heated on women appearance discourse

Ico

8 May 2024
Her being overweight would make sense if shes been abused & she turns to food for comfort
exactly, its a very common coping mechanism!
it wouldnt surprise me if it was the intention of masahiro ito during the concept phase years ago.
One other thing, she now has almost child-like features on her face on some frames, which can be reference to another coping mechanism to her severe trauma, many people when abused by their own parents usually regress to a child-like state, when you learn what she has been through the way she acts, dress herself and even look like can become a little unsetling, almost like a toddler in the body of a 19 year old women

Reactions: Would_you_kindly

Dr Bass

The doctor is in
Founder
20 Jun 2022
The left looks like a crackhead.
The right looks a dude.
That “crackhead” element is part of all of the SH 1 and 2 designs, and all of the characters had a slightly unnerving look to them. Thats another thing lost with this remake. Its obvious from just the trailer that Bloober clearly doesn’t get it.

SH2 is one of my favorite games of all time and I’m not going to touch this with a ten foot pole. It feels like if the Godfather was remade by Adam Sandler.

Polyh3dron

Veteran
31 Jan 2024
You made no real effort to answer and accuse me of trolling? I can't believe people get off on digital characters, it's fucking weird.
Making a real effort is precisely what I did and here you still are talking about people getting off on digital characters. Almost makes me think there’s a bit of projection going on.

Reactions: rofif

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
I can't believe I have to write that slightly overweight people are still people. It has no change to her character from the original and it would be easily explained effect from her trauma without even mentioning her weight in the remake.

Your complaint is a character looks puffy from an angle. If your complaint is not sexual, why do you object so much?
She gained weight after trauma? I don't see the link between both events sorry.

The only reason her face would be puffy is because the cock is still there 🤣

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
exactly, its a very common coping mechanism!
it wouldnt surprise me if it was the intention of masahiro ito during the concept phase years ago.
One other thing, she now has almost child-like features on her face on some frames, which can be reference to another coping mechanism to her severe trauma, many people when abused by their own parents usually regress to a child-like state, when you learn what she has been through the way she acts, dress herself and even look like can become a little unsetling, almost like a toddler in the body of a 19 year old women
That's just adding depth that was never there in original work.
I doubt japanese devs were going this .... "deep".
it's kinda nonsense

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
EDIT: Didn't mean to put my boy Harry through another nightmare.

The creepiness of the original model is what contributes to her character. All of the characters look creepy in the original and it works. Remake has all of them, including Harry James look off. I don't know what it is.

You have screenshots where Angela looks perfectly normal and then screenshots where she looks incredibly off.

However, my biggest concern is this.

Maria is also changed. Her eyes/facial expression look too soft, like she's scared. The original was this flirty individual with a smile on her face, that seems to almost enjoy all the creepy stuff and it just makes her entire character so much creepier.

My concern is that Bloober will miss all the themes/character motivations/development the original accomplished. Like they don't understand the game all too well and character design does contribute to that.

I think this might be a case of Bloober wanting to make the characters look as normal as possible but it's missing that uncanny valley look the original had.

Last edited:

Dick Jones

Corporate Dick
Icon Extra
5 Jul 2022
Making a real effort is precisely what I did and here you still are talking about people getting off on digital characters. Almost makes me think there’s a bit of projection going on.
If that was a real effort, I'd recommend not trying.

27 Jun 2023
United kingdom
The creepiness of the original model is what contributes to her character. All of the characters look creepy in the original and it works. Remake has all of them, including Harry look off. I don't know what it is.

You have screenshots where Angela looks perfectly normal and then screenshots where she looks incredibly off.

Maria is also changed. Her eyes/facial expression look too soft, like she's scared. The original was this flirty individual with a smile on her face, that seems to almost enjoy all the creepy stuff and it just makes her entire character so much creepier.

My concern is that Bloober will miss all the themes/character motivations/development the original accomplished. Like they don't understand the game all too well and character design does contribute to that.

I think this might be a case of Bloober wanting to make the characters look as normal as possible but it's missing that uncanny valley look the original had.
I don't remember any Harry's in sh2 lol

• haha
Reactions: Johnic

Dick Jones

Corporate Dick
Icon Extra
5 Jul 2022
The creepiness of the original model is what contributes to her character. All of the characters look creepy in the original and it works. Remake has all of them, including Harry look off. I don't know what it is.

That's what I've said about Maria. I fear a Silent Hill 2 for Dummies where everything is explicitly said so even the dumbest player spots it all.

Dick Jones

Corporate Dick
Icon Extra
5 Jul 2022
She gained weight after trauma? I don't see the link between both events sorry.

The only reason her face would be puffy is because the cock is still there 🤣
There is a link between depression and eating disorders. Maybe Bloober are right to ignore subtlety.

Also joking about incest sexual abuse. Classy.

Reactions: Ico
27 Jun 2023
United kingdom
EDIT: Didn't mean to put my boy Harry through another nightmare.

The creepiness of the original model is what contributes to her character. All of the characters look creepy in the original and it works. Remake has all of them, including Harry James look off. I don't know what it is.

Unless it's that fat guy that was spewing up in the toilet lol

Dr Bass

The doctor is in
Founder
20 Jun 2022
That's just adding depth that was never there in original work.
I doubt japanese devs were going this .... "deep".
it's kinda nonsense
It's "faux depth" is what it is. I agree, total nonsense, whereas the original game has some actual depth compared to just about everything released up until that point, and since. Which is what makes it a classic. Saying she has an eating disorder as a coping mechanism is just completely silly.

Status
Not open for further replies.