Another Forbes article (Tassi the guy you love) A PS5 Pro Will Feel Extra Unnecessary This Time Around

Entropi

Veteran
Icon Extra
22 Jan 2023
People have the option of not buying it if they feel harassed or disrespected by it.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
An weird unnecessary article.

I don’t want a Pro or need one myself.
But I understand that a lot of gamers wants it to not have the compromises the PS5 is already showing (faster than PS4 btw).

Games on PS5 are already dropping to ridiculous low resolutions to reach performance targets.

If you add RT then you really needs a Pro.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
All because Microsoft's console market is in such a dire state of sales, they can't justify further splintering and make a Pro model of their own. And if Xbox isn't allowed to be an inferior PlayStation in all aspects, then PlayStation isn't allowed to do it, period.

...At least that's how people like Tassi and Forbes seem to think. These types are the problem with modern gaming discourse and encouraging homogenous samey-samey slop all across the industry.
Microsoft created the situation to themselves.

To release a Pro they need to kill the S.

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
Guys, new narrative just dropped 😂 Suddenly all of Phi's concubines at the same time, "PS5 Pro is a bad idea", "I don't get the point of a PS5 Pro", "there's no need for a PS5 Pro".

GC-nfJLWYAAWc4U
image.png
A 2024 pro is unnecessary but an entirely "new" xbox just a year later is smart.

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023
A 2024 pro is unnecessary but an entirely "new" xbox just a year later is smart.
a new gen xbox is the end of xbox. they're not going to turn around a 3:1 sales loss.

ps5 pro is unnecessary to defeat xbox, xbox is already defeated.

Reactions: Dabaus

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
I remember when these guys attacked the PS5 on era before it had been officially announced as well. Seems like they just attack everything PlayStation does by default.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Loy310

Veteran
14 Aug 2022
Guys, new narrative just dropped 😂 Suddenly all of Phi's concubines at the same time, "PS5 Pro is a bad idea", "I don't get the point of a PS5 Pro", "there's no need for a PS5 Pro".

GC-nfJLWYAAWc4U
image.png
If i had a penny for every time some dipshit online doubt Sony i would be richer than Sony.

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
It's pure fear.

They are all singing from the same hymn sheet again. "It's a bad idea", "it's unnecessary", "it won't be enough of a leap".

All the fud is thrown at it because they know Xbox is in such an impossible position with two consoles that are struggling and if they release a third, it would be pointless and need to be sold at a huge loss to move through retail.

They want to undermine a product that threatens to further deteriorate Xboxs waning market presence.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
I think this generation doesn't need a Pro console because:
  • AAA games take >5+ years to be done + most of the ones under development suffered the covid delay
  • We're maybe a handful years away to see AAA released games that were started having the specs/devkits of the next gen consoles since the start
  • We're maybe a handful years away to see AAA released games that were started having next gen engines capable to take full advantage of this gen hardware
  • Studios needed a few years to fully adapt themselves changing their pipeline to take advantage of next new technologies similar to Lumen or Nanite plus super fast streaming fro SSD
  • Majority of the console and PC players continue using previous gen hardware, so made sense for devs to continue supporting it
All that means that probably we won't see AAA games taking full advantage of current gen consoles until late 2025 or beyond, around a year after the supposed release of PS5 Pro.

Meaning, they'll take even full advantage of the PS5 Pro hardware and we'll see a quality spike around a year after its release in base PS5 hardware. As spike that will also appear around a couple years before the PS6 release.

On top of that, releasing a more powerful PS5 would mean to sell it for a more expensive price than the current one, which could be too expensive. And devs, specially multiplatform ones, already have to support a lot of SKUs and they'd prefer to have less, not more.

I'd skip the Pro.

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
It's pure fear.

They are all singing from the same hymn sheet again. "It's a bad idea", "it's unnecessary", "it won't be enough of a leap".

All the fud is thrown at it because they know Xbox is in such an impossible position with two consoles that are struggling and if they release a third, it would be pointless and need to be sold at a huge loss to move through retail.

They want to undermine a product that threatens to further deteriorate Xboxs waning market presence.
It's also why they keep throwing out this idea of Xbox releasing their next generation console early.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Bryank75

AfnanAcchan

3 Mar 2023
Without PC, PS5 Pro will best place to play GTA6. GTA5 sold 12 millions in 24 hours and shipped 29 millions copies in just 6 weeks. GTA6 is going to be much bigger than that. I can imagine 10 millions PS5 Pro sold alone just for this game.

Cool hand luke

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
Why buy a PC ever if the next GPU upgrade is right around the corner?

If devs have to split their work across multiple SKUs why would they not just drop the failing Xbox series versions to make room for the PS5 pro?

And the fact that Microsoft's defence force is out there screeching about it means they're terrified of the prospect. PS5P will outsell the Xboxes combined in a year/year and a half and render them both irrelevant in the power discourse.

Loy310

Veteran
14 Aug 2022
I dont usually agree with Paul but ima more than likely not buy a pro this gen. Mostly because im older and well shit how many fucking consoles from the same gen do my 42 year old ass need.
I get why Sony makes a pro, i believe they do it to keep the early adopter engaged and invested in the platform making it hard for them to leave the platform when a new gen begins. But fuck a pro this gen.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: flaccidsnake

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
But on the other side of the coin, being 4 years into a console generation may make other early adopters feel like they might as well just wait for the PS6

Yes, i will just wait 4 more years for the ps6, or maybe I’ll just skip the ps6 and wait for the ps6 slim or just skip that and wait for the ps6 pro or….

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023

GC-nfJLWYAAWc4U
image.png
A PS5 Pro in 2024 is a bad idea, but a new Xbox in 2025 is the best thing ever. That is way I think it's fine to genuinely hate Xbox fans, they are dishonest.

Without PC, PS5 Pro will best place to play GTA6. GTA5 sold 12 millions in 24 hours and shipped 29 millions copies in just 6 weeks. GTA6 is going to be much bigger than that. I can imagine 10 millions PS5 Pro sold alone just for this game.
Xbox fans held on to the fact that RDR2 ran better on Xbox One X (a console that no one had) for years.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: JAHGamer

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
A PS5 Pro in 2024 is a bad idea, but a new Xbox in 2025 is the best thing ever. That is way I think it's fine to genuinely hate Xbox fans, they are dishonest.
Yup, they think this is a bad idea, but at the same time want Xbox to do one just to 1-up PlayStation.

Reactions: JAHGamer