Another Forbes article (Tassi the guy you love) A PS5 Pro Will Feel Extra Unnecessary This Time Around

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
Some of you here are engaging with this article like Paul Tassi is arguing in good faith. He is not.

People think it’s Microsoft paying them but it’s obvious people like Gene Park and Paul Tassi, (not gonna include the other ones) make these kind of articles and skirt the line because platform wars generate clicks, discussion, and sheds a spotlight on them as contributors so they’re not first on the chopping block over there with layoffs.

Every article they publish gets posted here and multiple pages. I only know Paul tassi because he puts out rage bait articles like this. Its easy money for him

Nothing they’re publishing is well written and researched. Its just long form forum post like we get here except its connected to a bigger entity.

I’d have a hard time even putting people like Tassi in in the same ballpark as Andy Robinson, Jason Schriere, Rebekkah Valentine, etc.

These forbes articles are the gaming equivalents to tabloids.

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
he's making points I agree with as a launch PS5 owner (and launch ps4, vita, ps3, psp owner...)
Fair enough, I disagree with those points personally and feel like the article was only written for console war clickbait. I say let the consumer decide if the upgrade is worth it. To me it just seems like some have an issue with any and everything PlayStation does.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
Massive copium.

Watch the narrative change if Xbox announce a mid life upgrade.

Not fooling anyone.

The PS5 pro is an optional console for enthusiasts.

Do these idiots complain when OLED version of handhelds or Nvidia/AMD announce new 1500 pound GPUs?

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
The points are all accurate, and I would still hope that there is no PS5 Pro. With so much smoke that seems unlikely now. PS5 has not come close to delivering on its capabilities yet, and probably half the PS5 userbase bought in in the last year.

PS5 Pro is a bungle. It's a clear statement not to buy launch Playstation hardware. By the time they exit their cross-gen period, the Pro will be right around the corner.

Bet you will be lining up for the latest Nvidia/AMD GPU.

Entropi

Veteran
Icon Extra
22 Jan 2023
Massive copium.

Watch the narrative change if Xbox announce a mid life upgrade.

Not fooling anyone.

The PS5 pro is an optional console for enthusiasts.

Do these idiots complain when OLED version of handhelds or Nvidia/AMD announce new 1500 pound GPUs?

That’s what I’m saying. Did the Switch collapse after the release of the OLED version? Did Nvidia sales collapse when they released the 4000 series? Did the PS4 fail after the Pro was released? Did Xbox crumble after the Xbone X?

• fire
Reactions: Muddasar

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
That’s what I’m saying. Did the Switch collapse after the release of the OLED version? Did Nvidia sales collapse when they released the 4000 series? Did the PS4 fail after the Pro was released? Did Xbox crumble after the Xbone X?

Exactly.

It will have the opposite effect.

Sony will surely drop the price of the base PS5 and sell the Pro for 500 pounds.

Not sure what supply issues is talking about. That is past and irrelevant now. It is 2024 and base PS5s are everywhere.

Evilnemesis8

Veteran
19 Dec 2023
This is the start of the year, you've got to talk to business folks who might be reading on Forbes, and it helps to stoke a bit of flame to generate some gamer clicks.

In general I don't care much about opinion pieces about piece of hardware. It's the individual customers who will decide if a product is an appealing proposition to them and nobody else really.
Sure you can try to talk about what you think the trend is going to look like, but it's all guessing.
Sometimes it's real easy to see that a product will be rejected by consumers, you see the trainwreck before it even arrives at the station.
But most of the time it's real hard to figure out what the floor and the ceiling for a product is going to be like, especially when it's not even out and is going to be for sale for years.

• brain

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023
Bet you will be lining up for the latest Nvidia/AMD GPU.
It's not remotely the same. I've never owned a GPU that didn't clearly and obviously deliver on its value. If PS5 Pro comes out this year, there was barely a reason to own a PS5.

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
People think it’s Microsoft paying them but it’s obvious people like Gene Park and Paul Tassi, (not gonna include the other ones) make these kind of articles and skirt the line because platform wars generate clicks, discussion, and sheds a spotlight on them as contributors so they’re not first on the chopping block over there with layoffs.
No. I genuinely think these guys are being paid because we only see console wars go one way. PS Bad, MS good. If it were just console wars itd be a little more even, maybe more in favor of PS because thats where the actual audience is.

Thirty7ven

30 Dec 2023
It's not remotely the same. I've never owned a GPU that didn't clearly and obviously deliver on its value. If PS5 Pro comes out this year, there was barely a reason to own a PS5.

Despite the current gen exclusives and the cross gen games that double framerate and have better visual settings, please tell us how these PC GPUs have been doing it any different?

Barely a reason to own a PS5 compared to what?

These type of discussions are always so ridiculous too, there was somebody saying exactly what you said every time a new console released aside from maybe pS1 to ps2.

ToTTenTranz

Veteran
Icon Extra
4 Aug 2023
I'm probably getting the PS5 Pro day one.

Paul Tassi isn't being very smart. For someone complaining about the price of consoles in a time of inflation, he seems to forget that new and more powerful consoles are traditionally accompanied by a price reduction on the older models. In this case, since it's still a PS5 generation the people with less money to spend are getting a cheaper console that still plays the current games.

• brain

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023
Despite the current gen exclusives and the cross gen games that double framerate and have better visual settings, please tell us how these PC GPUs have been doing it any different?

Barely a reason to own a PS5 compared to what?

These type of discussions are always so ridiculous too, there was somebody saying exactly what you said every time a new console released aside from maybe pS1 to ps2.
to start, compared with a ps4 pro

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022

Not the point. Honestly it sounds ridiculous coming from a PC gamer if I recall correctly.

If Nvidia release the 5000 series GPUs tomorrow there will be people lining up to buy them. It doesn’t make the 4000 series useless.

Are you telling me the Switch and Switch Lite are useless now with the OLED version. All 3 versions are being sold simultaneously.

Same with the Steamdeck.

It is called having options.

All this is just copium from the Xbox crowd.

Xbox fans are seething cause no Xbox Mid life upgrade is announced. Which they won’t get cause they already have 2 SKUs.

• brain

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023
Not the point. Honestly it sounds ridiculous coming from a PC gamer if I recall correctly.

If Nvidia release the 5000 series GPUs tomorrow there will be people lining up to buy them. It doesn’t make the 4000 series useless.

Are you telling me the Switch and Switch Lite are useless now with the OLED version. All 3 versions are being sold simultaneously.

Same with the Steamdeck.

It is called having options.

All this is just copium from the Xbox crowd.

Xbox fans are seething cause no Xbox Mid life upgrade is announced. Which they won’t get cause they already have 2 SKUs.

Seems like you're purposefully misunderstanding this. The existence of a better more powerful unit doesn't negate the existing unit. I'm not saying that. The OLED Switch doesn't invalidate the last 6 years of Nintendo Switch. The existence of the 4090 doesn't negate my lowly 6700XT.

The problem is I bought a PS5 at launch and it wasn't worth it. I could've easily rode out the PS4 Pro and played most of the same games with good performance. I would have been better off not buying the PS5 and getting the Pro model this year. I will remember this when Sony expects me to get excited about their next generation box.