Another PC port that'll flop? Final Fantasy 16 debuts on Steam with 1470 player count

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
If these numbers were bad for Square they would've stopped porting to Steam many years ago considering this game is doing better than most FF titles on the platform

The game will not sell as much on PC as on console, and that's okay
It's not about selling "just okay". PC sales were supposed to cure all illnesses and save Square from bankruptcy. These sales are not it 😬

If it was just about selling good you wouldn't have dozens of threads with thousands of replies and journalists/fake analysts writing think pieces and hounding Square about the PS5 sales.

Luffy123

Veteran
16 Jul 2023
It's not about selling "just okay". PC sales were supposed to cure all illnesses and save Square from bankruptcy. These sales are not it 😬

If it was just about selling good you wouldn't have dozens of threads with thousands of replies and journalists/fake analysts writing think pieces and hounding Square about the PS5 sales.

It’s fine they will go bankrupt and get fucked up again and will turn to PlayStation again

The usual cycle

Landiri

12 Sep 2024
Most will wait for Denuvo to be removed, and then pick it up on Torrent. PC-Players still hate to pay for Games they can't grind 24/7 Online.

Square having a few exclusives on PS5 has not been the issue
PS is the reason SE still exists!
Maybe also Switch.
Then the sales , port begging and bankruptcy talk will return from the Xbox/PC folk.
Quite ironic if Xbox-Players out of all, talk about bankruptcy :ROFLMAO:

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
I don't have a history with FF. I have only played FF16, FF7 Remake and FF7 Rebirth. I thoroughly enjoyed all three. But I preferred 16 because of the similarity to Game of Thrones in the story.
Same here. I don't have history with FF.
Started with 7 remake on ps5 version, then XV, XVI and rebirth.
Loved all except rebirth is bloated af.
I would say that XV..... might be the best one in some way

TrishaCat

Veteran
17 May 2024
Most will wait for Denuvo to be removed, and then pick it up on Torrent. PC-Players still hate to pay for Games they can't grind 24/7 Online.
sGsZz7g.jpeg

Killer_Sakoman

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
If these numbers were bad for Square they would've stopped porting to Steam many years ago considering this game is doing better than most FF titles on the platform

The game will not sell as much on PC as on console, and that's okay

It's a dumb point
Doubly so for PCMR people to make considering if the ps5 had more exclusives it'd mean less games for PC people.
I for one am glad the PS5 has very few exclusives and want Nintendo to follow suit
Remember I own and like my PS5 and my Switch despite primarily playing on PC
You find it dumb or not. At the end they are casting the doubts.

2 Jun 2024
square enix doing surprised face when their games fail when they don't even advertise it what a failure of a CEO with his multiplatform strategy PlayStation had much better advertising for it

Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Square doesn't need saving from bankruptcy, what???
Do you have short memory or you didn't follow all the FF7R/FF16 madness during the last year?

Their stock price was reported by the Sony hater at Bloomberg and then getting reposted everywhere.

ERA/IB had daily threads tracking the sales in every market. Always the most active threads with thousands of replies in a few hours. Imran Khan said Square was panicking about the low sales, etc.

The madness died down when the PC port was announced. How curious...

FatKaz

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
square enix doing surprised face when their games fail when they don't even advertise it what a failure of a CEO with his multiplatform strategy PlayStation had much better advertising for it
Well they don't have Sony funding them for stuff like marketing this time.

All on their own now, need actually use their own wallet.