Another PC port that'll flop? Final Fantasy 16 debuts on Steam with 1470 player count

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
CCU =/= Sales Figures. Every single time a game drops on Steam people always go up to bat about how terrible it seems on paper even though it's the only platform that showcases CCU data front & center for games.
If you're struggling to reach 40k CCU on launch day you're not hiding millons of sales in the back. There's a direct correlation between both. People were acting like PS5 sold 3 millions in 4 days and nothing since then. The PC legs in 5 years are irrelevant.

Why do you care about sales that much? Do you own stock in Square or get commissions for every copy sold?

Just enjoy games!
The sales are bad so now you're doing damage control with your cheap mantra

Let's all play together and have fun 🤮

• brain
Reactions: Umar and The Icon

Killer_Sakoman

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Will be interesting to see how Ragnarok does. Seems way too early to port... Didn't even hold on to it to help sell a few Pro's.

Sometimes I wonder if Sony just like to make things harder for themselves for no reason.
They are making things harder for them. One of the points PCMR have against pro is that PS5 has only 13 real exclusives.
You see how it running in circles and biting them back. Their sweet PCMR babies are killing the pro in youtube.

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
They are making things harder for them. One of the points PCMR have against pro is that PS5 has only 13 real exclusives.
You see how it running in circles and biting them back. Their sweet PCMR babies are killing the pro in youtube.

Exactly.

You even have PCMR and other gamers saying PlayStation doesn’t have many games cause most of PC.

Serves Sony right.

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
The issue with FF16 is that it simply isn’t an RPG.

It’s more GOW and DMC.

That’s the issue.
I love FFXVI so much, but unfortunately this is true. I understand the game wants slick action (which it achieved) it gave up many things that make an RPG an RPG. Strangers of Paradise is 10x an RPG from a gameplay standpoint and it was still action based.

IDK where’ll take 17 but…. I feel like square has done every extreme to the series now…. Time to find somewhere to settle….

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Muddasar

TrishaCat

Veteran
17 May 2024
The sales are bad so now you're doing damage control with your cheap mantra
If these numbers were bad for Square they would've stopped porting to Steam many years ago considering this game is doing better than most FF titles on the platform

The game will not sell as much on PC as on console, and that's okay
One of the points PCMR have against pro is that PS5 has only 13 real exclusives.
It's a dumb point
Doubly so for PCMR people to make considering if the ps5 had more exclusives it'd mean less games for PC people.
I for one am glad the PS5 has very few exclusives and want Nintendo to follow suit
Remember I own and like my PS5 and my Switch despite primarily playing on PC

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
Exactly.

You even have PCMR and other gamers saying PlayStation doesn’t have many games cause most of PC.

Serves Sony right.
Yeah I think the “no games” thing purely comes from PC ports. I’m just not sure how increasing availability of the game also takes games away from PS players? Why do games only count when they are exclusive? It all feels very disingenuous to me.

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
I love FFXVI so much, but unfortunately this is true. I understand the game wants slick action (which it achieved) it gave up many things that make an RPG an RPG. Strangers of Paradise is 10x an RPG from a gameplay standpoint and it was still action based.

IDK where’ll take 17 but…. I feel like square has done every extreme to the series now…. Time to find somewhere to settle….

Don’t get me wrong.

FF16 is an exceptional game.

It just isn’t Final Fantasy.

The game lacks any depth to even be called an RPG.

Last edited:
Reactions: voke

Orangee

3 Mar 2024
Nti82F.png

HaBZ6K.png

It's already beaten FF7R in CCU, so I think this thread was posted a bit hastily.
And reminder that FF7 remake port was an absolute disaster.

image.png

image.png

fucking nier replicant and octopath beating a mainline final fantasy... not lke this clive bros.. not like this..
(At least we beat forspoken, with struggle, but we did It!)
image.png

image.png

One win at a time, clive bros.. One win at a time..

TrishaCat

Veteran
17 May 2024
And reminder that FF7 remake port was an absolute disaster.

image.png

image.png

fucking nier replicant and octopath beating a mainline final fantasy... not lke this clive bros.. not like this..
(At least we beat forspoken, with struggle, but we did It!)
image.png

image.png

One win at a time, clive bros.. One win at a time..
NIER SWEEP

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Exactly, they are pumping out videos on how the pro is "shit", a "scam", "pointless", "inferior".... Meanwhile Sony rewards all of that with ports and capitulating when there is the slightest backlash against PSN requirements.

Sony senior management need to go.

Killer_Sakoman

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Well they don’t want cause they don’t need.

Many PS5 gamers also own PCs and don’t need a Pro cause the games are appearing on PC which can do the same job with the right specs.
Yeah, I wouldn't buy a pro if my PC was upgradable as I have old mobo and cpu. Someone I know is offering me brand new 7800x3d tray ( no warranty) for $200, but I am also more comfortable gaming in living room.

Reactions: Muddasar

TrishaCat

Veteran
17 May 2024
I like Automata better.

Jon Heder Running GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment
You are guilty of being WRONG ON THE INTERNET and your sentence shall be a strongly worded paragraph
okay real talk my main beef with Automata is that too many of the fights are against androids your size and shape with similar ability sets; I feel those boss fights are kinda lame compared to the cooler fancy giant robot battles.
I also didn't like how more open ended your character's direct participation in the plot was. In Replicant you're working from beginning to end to save your daughter sister, but in Automata a lot of the time you're just kinda traveling around and things happen.
Still a solid game tho and I ain't about to criticize anyone for liking something Yoko Taro made
Man keeps putting out peak.
Drakengard 3 at a framerate above 15 fps when?

• Heart
Reactions: KvallyX