Apple outplays Microsoft and closes the door on their mobile gaming app ambitions

reziel

Veteran
12 Jun 2023
I'm not against the idea that Apple and Google should get a cut of sales on their stores. I don't think they should be allowed to be the *only* stores. Google had a better case because you can sideload apps on most Android devices and the judges still ruled against them. Apple is much worse where you can't even develop an app for iOS using standard tools.
This is the key thing though nobody is stopping them from starting their own stores they have more then enough money to start. The problem is Microsoft keeps trying to snake their way into an already a successful service and use that to herd people into "their" storefront. This is just karma for them for what they pulled with the whole ABK deal which they honestly deserve.

Reactions: Nhomnhom

laynelane

Veteran
14 Jul 2022
This is all excuses made up by incompetent executives, Phil killed Xbox when he cancelled that dragon game on the xbone. This is the day Xbox died as a viable gaming platform.

Agreed on this. Phil always has an excuse for why Xbox is doing badly - they lost the worst generation to lose, good games won't sell consoles, Sony is trying to make itself bigger by making Xbox smaller, let us compete, etc.

All these excuses while releasing mostly mid to terrible games when there's releases at all. It amazes me that people take him seriously at all.

laynelane

Veteran
14 Jul 2022
That is not true at all.
Believe I have old friends that doesn’t have phones at all and do everything you listed.

Bank account doesn’t need smartphones… just needs it for convenience to use the internet bank.

You can do all the transactions without it.

Same for boarding air planes… you don’t need smartphones at all… you can buy and make the checking without it.

Yep, I don't have a cell phone at all. Just do all that stuff on my laptop.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Yep, I don't have a cell phone at all. Just do all that stuff on my laptop.
My father doesn't have smartphone either and he always do bank transactions.
Smartphone is convenient sure but it is not required to use bank accounts.

That is imo one of the biggest issues with digital only banks but they are in it own category.

Reactions: laynelane