Apple Vision Pro Review Thread and |OT|. Releases in the US on 2/2. Has sold 200,000. |UP| Has cut sales forecasts.

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023
I can think of a lot more reasons not to buy this than price. For example, no woman will ever fuck you.

• haha
Reactions: Arc

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023

Reviews are coming in now. I'm updating OP.
visionguy.jpg

Reactions: Gamernyc78
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Seems like it's dope but too pricey obviously but the tech is expensive.

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
@Gamernyc78 reviews are up across various outlets

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
246965_vision_pro_VPavic_0001.jpg

Verge Score: 7

Apple Vision Pro​

$3499

THE GOOD​

• Display is a technical marvel with the best video passthrough yet
  • Hand and eye tracking are a leap forward
  • Works seamlessly with Apple’s ecosystem
  • Fun to put windows all over space

THE BAD​

• Very expensive
  • Video passthrough is still video passthrough and can be blurry
  • Hand and eye tracking can be inconsistent and frustrating
  • Personas are uncanny and somewhat terrifying
  • It’s pretty lonely in there

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
@Gamernyc78 reviews are up across various outlets

Yeah I know I added these few minutes ago I've updated OP with alot of video reviews and reviews, thanks.

Hezekiah

Veteran
23 Jul 2022
246965_vision_pro_VPavic_0001.jpg

Verge Score: 7

Apple Vision Pro​

$3499

THE GOOD​

• Display is a technical marvel with the best video passthrough yet
  • Hand and eye tracking are a leap forward
  • Works seamlessly with Apple’s ecosystem
  • Fun to put windows all over space

THE BAD​

• Very expensive
  • Video passthrough is still video passthrough and can be blurry
  • Hand and eye tracking can be inconsistent and frustrating
  • Personas are uncanny and somewhat terrifying
  • It’s pretty lonely in there
So many drawbacks and The Verge are massive Apple fanboys.

Arc

5 Sep 2023
The Verge had a fantastic review on this. The good and the bad, and some interesting thoughts about this whole segment.

My thoughts are that Apple seemed to focus very heavily on the idea of an iPad on your face, with apps floating freely around you as you walk around the real world. That seems to be the whole idea right now, this kind of on your face computing.

But what I’m actually interested in, the augmented reality interplay with the real world, Virtual Reality, there seems to be precious little available of that. It’s just a really weird emphasis from Apple right now.

Maybe they’re looking at the future where all this is reduced down to a pair of normal glasses with full color and vision range and no weight, and I admit it gets more exciting here, but that future is a long way off, if it even exists.

To me, the most fun, appealing part of the review was speaking of watching movies like Avatar blown up to cinema proportions, in 3D, 60 FPS, and proper resolutions. That sounds awe-inspiring. More of that Apple, please, and less of trying to convince me to wear a funny thing on my head at work.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
The Verge had a fantastic review on this. The good and the bad, and some interesting thoughts about this whole segment.

My thoughts are that Apple seemed to focus very heavily on the idea of an iPad on your face, with apps floating freely around you as you walk around the real world. That seems to be the whole idea right now, this kind of on your face computing.

But what I’m actually interested in, the augmented reality interplay with the real world, Virtual Reality, there seems to be precious little available of that. It’s just a really weird emphasis from Apple right now.

Maybe they’re looking at the future where all this is reduced down to a pair of normal glasses with full color and vision range and no weight, and I admit it gets more exciting here, but that future is a long way off, if it even exists.

To me, the most fun, appealing part of the review was speaking of watching movies like Avatar blown up to cinema proportions, in 3D, 60 FPS, and proper resolutions. That sounds awe-inspiring. More of that Apple, please, and less of trying to convince me to wear a funny thing on my head at work.
Yeah I quoted the good/bad from the view and they definitely were excited by cinema mode.

Reactions: Arc

Arc

5 Sep 2023
This is at least 15to 20 years away from really being great. The form factor has to get to glasses level, and it needs to be much more affordable.
I guess I can kind of appreciate it from that perspective. Starting a journey that will culminate in more and more usable and normally priced products.

Certainly it won’t be weird to be moving apps around with your eyes and fingers when it’s just a regular pair of glasses. It’ll actually be more convenient than reaching for a phone.

But if they want to stick around while that happens, they need to make these things fun to with all sorts of AR and VR stuff. Because right now you’re basically putting something short of a bike helmet on, so give the people something extra awesome to do in there.