Apple Vision Pro Review Thread and |OT|. Releases in the US on 2/2. Has sold 200,000. |UP| Has cut sales forecasts.

Hezekiah

Veteran
23 Jul 2022
Are they? They are massive Microsoft fanboys but to me they always felt very critical to Apple.

For example:

Look at their reviews of iPhones, they've always hyped them up massively and been hypocritical when outlining the cons versus Android phones.

This headset just has too many flaws for even them to recommend. Looks like MKBHD thinks the same.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
One side James Cameron saying it is that amazing.

The others side…

“I’m sure the technology is terrific. I still think and hope it fails,” a Silicon Valley investor

WTF?

That is the Silicon Valley take from that guy from
High school? “Only me can be successful or something like that”?

Haters everywhere… just because he hates it and wants it to fail without never using it.

The article is dumb using these weird examples.

Reactions: Gamernyc78
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
One saúde James Cameron saying it is that amazing.

The others side…

“I’m sure the technology is terrific. I still think and hope it fails,” a Silicon Valley investor

WTF?

That is the Silicon Valley take from that guy from
High school? “Only me can be successful or something like that”?

Haters everywhere… just because he hates it and wants it to fail.
Big negative is the weight but it sounds extraordinary.

Reactions: ethomaz
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Yeap I can think of others negatives… I just found weird somebody saying he hope it fails without any objective reason for that.

Is it that heavy compared with others VR devices?
Yeah I felt the same as I read it like "oh it's gd but I hope it fails because it's Apple"

Not really meta 3 is 18 ounces.

Reactions: ethomaz

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Yeap…
I just checked…

The most close competitor.

Meta Quest Pro: 722g
Apple Vision Pro: 600-650g

And about cheaper VR devices?

Meta Quest 3: 515g
Meta Quest 2: 503g
PSVR2: 560g

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Yeap I can think of others negatives… I just found weird somebody saying he hope it fails without any objective reason for that.

Is it that heavy compared with others VR devices?
Probably because they don't want Apple to corner the VR market

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Probably because they don't want Apple to corner the VR market
Yeah, they know once that price goes down it's over. Idc as long as what we get is quality. Meta isn't going anywhere anyway Thyve been selling really good. When it goes down to $350 or so I'll get the meta 3.

Dr Bass

The doctor is in
Founder
20 Jun 2022
The problem with these things is still the form factor. I've tried all that stuff, had the PSVR2, but I just don't want them. I don't want to wear a headset on my face to work on a computer. I just don't care about the whole "VR/AR" aspect.

Think about it. People will have their corneas sliced open and lasers shot into their opened up eyes so that they won't have to bother with contacts. The idea that people want to wear these things for extended periods of time so they can simulate screens we already have and grope through the air ... I dunno about that.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
The problem with these things is still the form factor. I've tried all that stuff, had the PSVR2, but I just don't want them. I don't want to wear a headset on my face to work on a computer. I just don't care about the whole "VR/AR" aspect.

Think about it. People will have their corneas sliced open and lasers shot into their opened up eyes so that they won't have to bother with contacts. The idea that people want to wear these things for extended periods of time so they can simulate screens we already have and grope through the air ... I dunno about that.
PSVR 2 doesn't bother me much I play hours on it. But yes as thru get slimmer the better.

Dr Bass

The doctor is in
Founder
20 Jun 2022
PSVR 2 doesn't bother me much I play hours on it. But yes as thru get slimmer the better.
It's an amazing device, and I'm sure the Vision Pro is as well. I just don't think it's an "obviously better" thing, like the iPhone felt when it was first released. We'll see. It's the first new Apple Product in a long time where I just have no interest though.

Last edited:
  • they're_right_you_know

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
apple employees outnumber actual customers at launch event

Apple’s first new product launch in seven years brought a shockingly small but still eager contingent of techies to its Union Square store on Friday to check out the $3,499 Vision Pro headset.
A far cry from the mob scenes that accompanied early iPhone launches, just a few dozen people were lined up outside San Francisco’s flagship Apple store when doors opened at 8 a.m. Some were there to buy the headsets — Apple’s new, immersive virtual reality devices — but more had come to try the expensive technology first-hand.
After years of rumors that it was coming – Patently Apple reported in August that Apple's first patent for a VR headset dates back to the birth of the iPhone in 2007 – the Vision Pro is the Cupertino company’s first entry into the headset market. Reviewers have raved about the technical achievement while complaining about its price and roughly pound-and-a-half weight.
The headset hugs the face closely, with screens of tiny, precisely arranged pixels in front of each eye. Outward-facing cameras feed video onto those screens, so users see the world around them while they control apps and browser windows overlaid on top. A message on the Union Square store iPads said, “Welcome to the era of spatial computing.”

More at the link

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
I wonder if people finds that a surprise?

The era of big lineups and people killing themselves to buy a product is basically dead… even in Japan that doesn’t happen anymore like it was in the past… the line ups are not crossing blocks and blocks anymore.

GameStops like retailers are closing doors.

People today prefer to preorder and buy things from their own couch and receive in few days at home.

The fact Apple sold 200k devices before release at $3500 is way more surprising to me… it is $700 million dollars.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: anonpuffs

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
They have partnered up, Sony provides a lot of the components for several Apple devices, including the Vision Pro

With Apple branding and marketing, Sony could really excel. I think it would be best is Apple bought Sony

Reactions: JAHGamer

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Love to see the innovation selling and getting good reviews, unlike Google Glass, which shamelessly copied Apple back in the day