Are you getting the PS5Pro? Why or why not?

Will you be getting a PS5Pro

• Yes

Votes: 44 62.0%
  • No

Votes: 17 23.9%
  • Maybe down the line.

Votes: 10 14.1%

• Total voters

ToTTenTranz

Icon Extra
4 Aug 2023
Yes.
Day one, pre-order.

Buying a new console on day-one always nets you the best bang-for-the buck in price-performance ratio.

Unless it's a Nintendo console, but I haven't bought those in ages.

I'm going to be playing 1st-party Playstation games nonetheless, so that part is a non-issue to me. Only question right now is whether or not I wait for FF7 Rebirth and others to get PS5 Pro upgrades before I play them.

• brain
Reactions: Nhomnhom

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
I'm so divided on this, I like everything I've seen about it but Sony PC focus makes me want to boycott it as well.

It went from a simple choice to a very complex one. Budget PC for GaaS/Free online and PS5 Pro for physical media and AAA gaming seems like the best balance.

• thisistheway
Reactions: Sloane_Ranger

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
No.

Because I didn’t see substantial jump with PS4 Pro (and this one will probably be even lower) and PS4 run everything great until the generation ended.

The move from PS4/PS4 Pro to PS5 was what you expected when you buy a new hardware.
PS4 to PS4 Pro not so much.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
No.

Because I didn’t see substantial jump with PS4 Pro (and this one will probably be even lower) and PS4 run everything great until the generation ended.

The move from PS4/PS4 Pro to PS5 was what you expected when you buy a new hardware.
PS4 to PS4 Pro not so much.
I'll tell you how it is :)

• Shake
Reactions: ethomaz
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
$600 it'll sell it's projected sakes for sure anything over and it'll be a, lost cause.

balrogboy

Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Ohh I'm absolutelly getting the Pro, was gonna get the slim but since Pro rumours were already around, I decided to wait. I want another ps5 so I can play coop stuff that doesnt have split screen with the wife. which is a lot of stuff sadly.

Reactions: Gamernyc78

balrogboy

Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
$600 it'll sell it's projected sakes for sure anything over and it'll be a, lost cause.
eh, my limit is probably 700$
Shit's already expoensive either way here so, whatever.
and the hardware bump is always welcome, cant wait to play Bloodborne again in unstable 30fps at 1080p with a much more powerfull piece of hardware.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Ohh I'm absolutelly getting the Pro, was gonna get the slim but since Pro rumours were already around, I decided to wait. I want another ps5 so I can play coop stuff that doesnt have split screen with the wife. which is a lot of stuff sadly.
I hear you on tht. Good wife is a gamer too :)

Reactions: balrogboy

Wraith Phantom

22 Jun 2022
Will be interesting. Just guessing here. If the Upscale update PSSR drops and is great as rumoured. It will boost the base PS5. The PS5 Pro will have dedicated hardware for Ai/upscaling. So I'll assume the results will be very good.

If PSSR is that good. I can see the Quality mode/40fps settings. getting 4K 60. Performance 1800/1440p mode hit 4K 120. I can see it on the base. If PSSR is as great as rumoured amazing,

On the 5Pro I can see all modes 4K 60/120 in all modes. Me personally. I'll get the pro. I look forward to the crisp/sharpness on my QD TV.
I use the 120 modes when available. I have only played 120 in HFW & Forspoken so far. But not big deal 60/120 meh All good fun. I look forward to the crisp/sharpness really.

Sunrise Ninja

5 Feb 2024
Yeah I'll be purchasing it probably in the new year, I currently have a Series X which I don't really play and a gaming laptop which I do most of my gaming on but there are a lot of PS5 games I want to play and the PS5 pro will play them better (Higher consistent frame rates and better resolution) than the current PS5. Also there's some PS4 games I want to finish off.

shrike0fth0rns

Veteran
9 Dec 2022
On the heels of the latest hardware leaks and a few insiders confirming/reinforcing it's existence who here will be getting a pro?

View attachment 4527

Today’s leaked documents also confirmed:
  • Rendering 45% faster than PS5
  • 2-3x Ray-tracing (x4 in some cases)
  • 33.5 Teraflops
  • PSSR (PlayStation Spectral Super Resolution Upscaling) upscaling/antialiasing solution
  • Support for resolutions up to 8K is planned for future SDK version
  • Custom machine learning architecture
  • AI Accelerator, supporting 300 TOPS of 8 bit computation / 67 TFLOPS of 16-bit floating point
Day F-ing one

• Shake
Reactions: Gamernyc78

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
Day 1.

Always want the most premium Sony console.

Right now my PS5 is occupied by my kids playing Bugsnax, Sackboy and Astro.

Literally have a backlog of games cause of it.

Another reason to get the PS5 Pro so I can give them the PS5.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Day 1.

Always want the most premium Sony console.

Right now my PS5 is occupied by my kids playing Bugsnax, Sackboy and Astro.

Literally have a backlog of games cause of it.

Another reason to get the PS5 Pro so I can give them the PS5.
Damn bugsnax lol I forgot all about tht one.