As of this morning, #Starfield has already surpassed 6 million players, making it the biggest Bethesda game launch of all time

Crow

Banned
15 Jul 2023
Shipping 12 and sold-through 5 is absolutely unrealistic story, anyone with half a brain understand that. With such shipping numbers they should have sold at least 10 million.
the official source said Starfield is their biggest launch ever. 🤷‍♂️

historia

Veteran
29 Jun 2023
I mean 6 millions when it's on a subcription services is not something to hit home about.

In comparision:

More Than Four Million People Have Played Stray on PlayStation​

Reactions: riesgoyfortuna

ChorizoPicozo

Veteran
1 Jul 2022
people are really trying hard on both sides.(no one is actually sure about it)

But the only important data should be:

a) the number of New GP subscribers
b) Consoles and games sold.

scenario 1:
both are significantly up = Xbox hardware is saved and GP's future coud be a reality (have their cake and eat it too)

scenario 2:
a is significant UP, b not so much = Xbox hardware is fucked and Xbox will be pressured to double down on sub services. aventually leaving the console business and becoming third party

scenario 3:
a is meh (up but not ny much). b increase is huge = MS is in a dilemma they have been trying to push so hard on sub services, even admitting they lost the console warz. this scenario is like: "nah brah, this market is all about releasing AAA great games" you wanna grow market share?...you actually need to do the hard work.

scenario 4:
a and b are basically flat. press the panic button. the only hope is ABK or else becoming third party before this gen ends

i think scenario 3 is the most likely

historia

Veteran
29 Jun 2023

scenario 1:
both are significantly up = Xbox hardware is saved and GP's future coud be a reality (have their cake and eat it too)

scenario 2:
a is significant UP, b not so much = Xbox hardware is fucked and Xbox will be pressured to double down on sub services. aventually leaving the console business and becoming third party

scenario 3:
a is meh (up but not ny much). b increase is huge = MS is in a dilemma they have been trying to push so hard on sub services, even admitting they lost the console warz. this scenario is like: "nah brah, this market is all about releasing AAA great games" you wanna grow market share?...you actually need to do the hard work.

scenario 4:
a and b are basically flat. press the panic button. the only hope is ABK or else becoming third party before this gen ends

1.5M copies sold, 4.5M GP players(out of 30M)

Is my estimation.

Also a lot of users may tried to download and play, don't like it, delete.

That is the problem with day one sub, mediocre shits can be pad out because it is "free"

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022

scenario 1:

scenario 2:

scenario 3:

scenario 4:

I think they got a lot of PC gamepass subs, which will go away pretty soon. Game sales will be below projections but not SUPER disastrous (like, it's not a flop in the sense that it'll make its money back, but it won't be anywhere near a skyrim level game saleswise. I'd say maybe 5-6m copies by end of year). It's going to be a positive month for xbox but they're so deep in the hole that this won't alter their trajectory significantly.

• brain
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

ChorizoPicozo

Veteran
1 Jul 2022
I think they got a lot of PC gamepass subs, which will go away pretty soon. Game sales will be below projections but not SUPER disastrous (like, it's not a flop in the sense that it'll make its money back, but it won't be anywhere near a skyrim level game saleswise. I'd say maybe 5-6m copies by end of year). It's going to be a positive month for xbox but they're so deep in the hole that this won't alter their trajectory significantly.
they will have to commit to one business model. or they are all in on consoles or they are all in on sub-services. (and we know they falied at consoles)

i was listening to someone who reports about Hollywood and the ongoing strikes. In that bubble of entertainment is pretty well accepted that streaming really fucked things up.

so...if sub-services (as Xbox tried to sell it ): like the gamer paradise; come and play AAA games day one for free = a snake oil remedy. then MS will not have other option to go third-party.

but the only insight that we are going to have is the financial report or/and someone snitching to Grubb/Jezzz.

• brain
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

riesgoyfortuna

Veteran
4 Jul 2022

scenario 1:

scenario 2:

scenario 3:

scenario 4:

This is a good post mierdoso, even a broken. Troll can give the correct hour two times a day

riesgoyfortuna

Veteran
4 Jul 2022
The funny thing about butthurt shills like crow its believing they are fooling anyone, lets talk about Real sales and numbers when Spiderman 2 hit the shops 20230908_104647.jpg

Reactions: PS_ROCKS

sugarbetik

Banned
30 Jun 2023
Shipping 12 and sold-through 5 is absolutely unrealistic story, anyone with half a brain understand this. With such shipping numbers they should have sold at least 10 million.
You need to know how the shipments work. A popular game usually has very large shipment numbers that are enough to cover more than launch period demand for logistics purposes, so it's logical for a big game to not sell most of the shipment copies in a single week unless there's an unprecedented situation like Animal Crossing: New Horizons.

Pokémon Sun and Moon had a first-day shipment of 10 million units but only managed to sell around half of that in the first week.

FFXV had 5 million shipments on day one and took more than a month to clear that initial shipment.

FFXVI is still unable to clear the first shipment of copies after two months of release.

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
20 million players had played launch f2p PvP Halo. That wasn’t gamespass Halo campaign players … they never announced any data for that.

Bu, bu NPD! Yea keep sticking to sales comparisons when MS’ bottom line and primary method of distributing games is a subscription model.

When you’re moving goalposts for nonsense indirect comparisons like unit sales discussion is for any gamepass release it’s fun to ignore MS’ strategy to fit a sales narrative. Unfortunately … that’s completely invalid.

Unit software sales are dead for all Xbox games. They will only be dealing with players stats at this point.

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
You know a company is desperate when they start outright spamming out of context data to make them look better. I'd love to see what's going on in bethesda upper management.

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
Apparently, they shipped 12 million on day one They didn't share sales numbers but if I remember well , VGCharts(If their estimates are anything to go by) had estimated they sold around 5M copies during the first week.
VGChartzzz is NEVER anything to go by. Their numbers are fabricated and fictional.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Shipping 12 and sold-through 5 is absolutely unrealistic story, anyone with half a brain understand this. With such shipping numbers they should have sold at least 10 million.
I believe you can have a case of a lot of stock in stores at day one... so the absolute minimum should be 8 million with 4 million on shelves to be sold during the week.

Even so the best launch is just bullshit.

sugarbetik

Banned
30 Jun 2023
I think many users here need to understand the terminology differences between
Sold-through
Shipped
Concurrent
Player

Example, Pokémon Legends Arceus
Shipped - 12.64m day one shipment
Sold-through - 6.5m in 3 days and 11m in 10 weeks.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: KiryuRealty
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
I think many users here need to understand the terminology differences between
Sold-through
Shipped
Concurrent
Player

Example, Pokémon Legends Arceus
Shipped - 12.64m day one shipment
Sold-through - 6.5m in 3 days and 11m in 10 weeks.
I think mostly everyone here is an enthusiasts and understand the terminology very well, whether they want to act oblivious to it or not is another story.

The same way many here clearly understand that 6 million "played" is a metric that means many things and is used to obfuscate results for good or bad.