As of this morning, #Starfield has already surpassed 6 million players, making it the biggest Bethesda game launch of all time

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Allow the game to sell, jeez. It's not selling as quickly as previous games but I'm sure it will get to 6+ million which was my original target for it. Once they can Squeeze out all the top end dollar sales, I fully expect them to be a bit aggressive with price promotions

• haha
Reactions: KiryuRealty

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
You have no source, at all.
Yes... there are several sources but you guys keep trying the same narrative "there is no source" lol

3 million shipped from Square Enix.
Japan ~410k physical from Famitsu.
US still below Dead Insland 2 that did ~1 million in US from NPD/Circana.
Germany crossed 100k from BIU Awards.
Spain 28k (2 weeks) from Gamereactor
UK ~55k (physical + digital) at launch by GFK

Plus even the charts posted regulatory doesn't show FFXVI anymore.

For somebody with no source putting from the mind several ones is something that makes a lot of guys narratives here looks weird in my view.

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
Yes... there are several sources but you guys keep trying the same narrative "there is no source" lol

For somebody with no source putting from the mind several ones is something that makes a lot of guys narratives here looks weird in my view.
You literally have no source lol

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
You literally have no source lol
You can check every single source I pointed.
Denial is really strong here.

When you ignore all sales source you indeed can made up that a game is selling well... so it is all tales from your ass.

Last edited:

SLB1904

Actually born in 1904!
22 Jun 2022

When did the world become 5 countries 😆

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
6 million players... ~$100 million revenue.
That should make a lot of mad faces inside MS.

6 million players should give you around ~$350 million revenue at $60.

Gamepass will only harm big titles.
We have no idea of the revenue, going to the absurd it even could be 1M Steam sales + 5M PC GP users who have a free trial so provided zero revenue.

MaxParrish

8 Jan 2023
people are really trying hard on both sides.(no one is actually sure about it)

But the only important data should be:

a) the number of New GP subscribers
b) Consoles and games sold.

scenario 1:
both are significantly up = Xbox hardware is saved and GP's future coud be a reality (have their cake and eat it too)

scenario 2:
a is significant UP, b not so much = Xbox hardware is fucked and Xbox will be pressured to double down on sub services. aventually leaving the console business and becoming third party

scenario 3:
a is meh (up but not ny much). b increase is huge = MS is in a dilemma they have been trying to push so hard on sub services, even admitting they lost the console warz. this scenario is like: "nah brah, this market is all about releasing AAA great games" you wanna grow market share?...you actually need to do the hard work.

scenario 4:
a and b are basically flat. press the panic button. the only hope is ABK or else becoming third party before this gen ends

i think scenario 3 is the most likely
I think is sort of a scenary 4. The number of game copy sold are probably respectable given the fact that is also free on GP, but certainly not particularly great ( I suppose between the 2 and 3 millions copies on all platforms) and the number of players doesn't really seems to suggest there was a great increse in the GP userbase or you must think that nobody in the established one had any intention to play this game.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
We have no idea of the revenue, going to the absurd it even could be 1M Steam sales + 5M PC GP users who have a free trial so provided zero revenue.
The GP users only will generate revenue if they choose to subscribe now to play Starfield.
If they already have the subscription then it is zero revenue.

I can only estimate based in Steam data and that is basically the direct revenue the game will generate.

BTW if Starfield didn’t increased in a good way the number of GP subs then it probably failed to MS goals because they are trading full price revenue to increase GP subs.

A game from Bethesda should hit easily $500 million full priced even without PS but with GP model it probably won’t reach $200 millions and that driven by over 3m Stream sales.

Last edited:

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
The GP users only will generate revenue if they choose to subscribe now to play Starfield.
If they already have the subscription then it is zero revenue.

I can only estimate based in Steam data and that is basically the direct revenue the game will generate.

BTW if Starfield didn’t increased in a good way the number of GP subs then it probably failed to MS goals.
We know that out of 6M players, around 1M is from Steam. Then there's some sales on Xbox and PC MS store. So players from PC must be pretty likely under 4M.

I assume most of them already existing, because there's a lot of MS fans who have been "waiting for the next year", which always was supposed the one with big exclusives there day one. And since Halo Infinite, Starfield has been their big upcoming exclusive to look for. So I assume many people was already in GP waiting for games like Starfield.

At least let's say 4 of the 25M GP subs. I assume that most -if not all- people who is playing Starfield on GP already had GP since while ago. I assume that there has been no GP subs bump now for Starfield, but that the subscribers that it may have generated added to GP way before instead.

I bet GP must continue at around 25M.

Reactions: ethomaz

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
We know that out of 6M players, around 1M is from Steam. Then there's some sales on Xbox and PC MS store. So players from PC must be pretty likely under 4M.

I assume most of them already existing, because there's a lot of MS fans who have been "waiting for the next year", which always was supposed the one with big exclusives there day one. And since Halo Infinite, Starfield has been their big upcoming exclusive to look for. So I assume many people was already in GP waiting for games like Starfield.

At least let's say 4 of the 25M GP subs. I assume that most -if not all- people who is playing Starfield on GP already had GP since while ago. I assume that there has been no GP subs bump now for Starfield, but that the subscribers that it may have generated added to GP way before instead.

That is the biggest challenge for GP.
If it didn’t increase at substantial numbers then it will become unsustainable.

I don’t know the MS the expectations but I guess they expected already to be over 30 million before Starfield and probably reach 35-40m with Starfield.

But their subscription increased slowed down a lot.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
That is the biggest challenge for GP.
If it didn’t increase at substantial numbers then it will become unsustainable.

I don’t know the MS the expectations but I guess they expected already to be over 30 million before Starfield and probably reach 35-40m with Starfield.

But their subscription increased slowed down a lot.
They rushed to acquire ABK when Phil Spencer called Kotick to supposedly tell them that were going to change their relationship with them after the harassments scandal and noticed that Kotick was looking for an acquirer and made an offer in a handful days.

I assume this is a sign that back then they already saw that acquiring people like Bethesda wasn't enough and that they needed to acquire something else bigger to push GP meaningfully.

I assume ABK -which right now basically is CoD on consoles and PC- will also need some time first to complete the acquisition, second to complete the pending deal they had with Sony to start including new CoD games day one on GP. So we're years away from seeing the full potetial ABK impact on GP.

Some higher ups may tell Phil that it's time to stop wasting money and instead start turning their gaming business into a profitable one.

• Informative
Reactions: ethomaz
24 Jun 2022
Welp, it's the weekend. I'm laughing hard AF RN at the ResetERA users who were predicting the game'd hit 800K-1 million concurrent on Steam today. That is just flat-out not happening.

Concurrent ATM is 269K. If any day is going to be the breakthrough peak, it's today. And the Steam user score has dropped to 74%. Sales on Steam are probably good, but not great or anything mindblowing. Same with Xbox, and keep in mind, a lot of the initial traffic came from Game Pass subscribers who wanted to pay the extra $35 to play the game a few days early.

I'm predicting the game comes in at #2 on NPD/Circana for September; Mortal Kombat will run right past it in sales. While I think it's possible it'll outsell Baldur's Gate 3 (#3 for NPD/Circana September) for the month, the sales between the two will be quite close, closer than some would like to admit. Which is saying a lot considering BG3 already had a big release on PC/Steam in August, so the interest among PS5 owners must be high.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Welp, it's the weekend. I'm laughing hard AF RN at the ResetERA users who were predicting the game'd hit 800K-1 million concurrent on Steam today. That is just flat-out not happening.

Concurrent ATM is 269K. If any day is going to be the breakthrough peak, it's today. And the Steam user score has dropped to 74%. Sales on Steam are probably good, but not great or anything mindblowing. Same with Xbox, and keep in mind, a lot of the initial traffic came from Game Pass subscribers who wanted to pay the extra $35 to play the game a few days early.

I'm predicting the game comes in at #2 on NPD/Circana for September; Mortal Kombat will run right past it in sales. While I think it's possible it'll outsell Baldur's Gate 3 (#3 for NPD/Circana September) for the month, the sales between the two will be quite close, closer than some would like to admit. Which is saying a lot considering BG3 already had a big release on PC/Steam in August, so the interest among PS5 owners must be high.
I don’t think it will beat BG3 in NPD imo… even being only PS5 launch.
But that is just my prediction.

1. MK1
2. Baldur’s Gate 3 (PS5 launch)
3. Starfield (most Steam and some Windows Store game sales… not GP)

About CCU unless you have a free trial weekend launch will be the peak of CCU… when I mean launch it can be the game launch or a big expansion launch… for example Destiny peaks at new expansions launch.

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022

People aren’t subbing to play Starfield. If they were, MS would boast about this. Ultimately, Starfield has failed to bring new users to gamepass.
The game is a massive failure.