As PlayStation outsells Xbox by well over 3:1, Digital Foundry discusses a new Xbox in 2026.

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
Actually, the reason I feel it works for Microsoft even in that context is because at the end of the day, it still locks PC gamers into the Windows ecosystem, and Microsoft gaming hardware devices.

Both of which are things Valve want to shift gamers away from (Steam OS/Linux, and devices like Steam Deck and whatever other PC gaming hardware they do going forward). And doing that also gives Microsoft some real value proposition in gaming for a change...although it'd mean abandoning the traditional console business model to do so.

In the advent Microsoft don't actually stop making gaming hardware altogether, this would probably be the alternative they take.
I think MS should just recognize defeat and focus on being a publisher and a cloud solution provider. They'll just be outclassed by Valve once again. No PC gamer wants to use their shitty store and the first thing anyone would do would be to install Steam.

If you can't install Steam on it then it's just Xbox again and nobody will want to buy it.

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
22 Jun 2022
2024 and these dudes are still talking about that Xbox 360, get over it. The Xbox 360 sucked, it imposed paid online and paywalls as the standard on console, it got outsold by the PS3 (even with RRoD inflating the numbers massively), it was outclassed on the exclusives front and MS abandoned it midgen to focus on Kinetic.

At one point the Xbox 360 was performing better than the PS3 ond multiplats, you could get one for half the price of a PS3 and still that wasn't enough. There is this revisionist history that attributes the success of a bunch of multiplayer and paid exclusives to MS.

Xbox 360 top 5 all time console? STFU 🤡
Can we have more of this without the lad getting banned again? Look the other way this one time, mods. lol xx

• haha
Reactions: Nhomnhom

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023
Xbox already lost the power narrative. What is that troglodyte about?
he's talking about sony's success aggressively discounting the ps5. to the point where it's an easy choice over the series x or the series s. he says microsoft "doesn't have the hunger" to sell Xboxes.

• haha
Reactions: KiryuRealty

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
he's talking about sony's success aggressively discounting the ps5. to the point where it's an easy choice over the series x or the series s. he says microsoft "doesn't have the hunger" to sell Xboxes.
Wut? PS5 barely got a discount while Series X gone down to $349.

What is he smoking?

And yes… PS5 needs a price cut… it is too longer at the same price point imo.

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Wut? PS5 barely got a discount while Series X gone down to $349.

What is he smoking?

And yes… PS5 needs a price cut… it is too longer at the same price point imo.
Yeah tht comment lost me lol Xbox was discounted to $350 and now is at $400 most places which is still discounted. PS5 never reached any of those two levels.

Reactions: ethomaz

8BiTw0LF

Xbox 360 top 5 all time console? STFU 🤡
X360 had party chat and every CoD (back when CoD's were great) ran at solid 60fps. Plus the controller were miles ahead of that tiny ridiculous dualshock 3 made for people with tiny fragile hands. X360 is the best MS console ever made and they will never achieve that again. I'm not saying it's top 5 - but it was wayyy better than PS3 on so many points

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
X360 had party chat and every CoD (back when CoD's were great) ran at solid 60fps. Plus the controller were miles ahead of that tiny ridiculous dualshock 3 made for people with tiny fragile hands. X360 is the best MS console ever made and they will never achieve that again. I'm not saying it's top 5 - but it was wayyy better than PS3 on so many points
Nah PS3 had blueray, true stereoscopic 3D Xbox got it later on, 7.1 surround sound, shit 360 didn't even have a browser at launch. There were other things PS3 had that 360 did not have.

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
X360 had party chat and every CoD (back when CoD's were great) ran at solid 60fps. Plus the controller were miles a hear of that tiny ridiculous dualshock 3 made for people with tiny fragile hands. X360 is the best MS console ever made and they will never achieve that again. I'm not saying it's top 5 - but it was wayyy better than PS3 on so many points
Party chat, who gives a shit about that? The fact you have to even bring that up says everything. It had paid online, byfar the worst thing to ever happen in the console space.

CoD with a gamepad? Lmao.

360 controllers didn't even come with rechargeable battery and some models had wired controllers. There are 360 models with no HDMI or internal storage, it was a cheap console that benefited from some things not working out for the PS3.

CoD, Xbox 360, party chat... are you American? Usually Americans have a very distorted view of how dominant the 360 was compared to the rest of the world.

Last edited:
Reactions: arvfab

Airbus

Veteran
Icon Extra
30 Jun 2022
Giving up already on series s/x?

Toy Story Goodbye GIF

8BiTw0LF

Party chat, who gives a shit about that? The fact you have to even bring that up says everything. It had paid online, byfar the worst thing to ever happen in the console space.

CoD with a gamepad? Lmao.

360 controllers didn't even come with rechargeable battery and some models had wired controllers. There are 360 models with no HDMI or internal storage, it was a cheap console that benefited from some things not working out for the PS3.

CoD, Xbox 360, party chat... are you American? Usually Americans have a very distorted view of how dominant the 360 was compared to the rest of the world.
You know CoD pro teams are dominated by controller players, right? lol mnk players doesn't stand a chance

I'm a multiplayer kindda person. Some of my best online relations has been made through a party chat - and no, I'm from Denmark we're far greater than those pesky americans

Nah PS3 had blueray, true stereoscopic 3D Xbox got it later on, 7.1 surround sound, shit 360 didn't even have a browser at launch. There were other things PS3 had that 360 did not have.
I also said on so many points - not all. For multiplayer gaming X360 was far better than PS3 - better online service (paid tho'), party chat and a much much better controller suited for western sized hands.

Loy310

Veteran
14 Aug 2022
Jim must have seen this video, (john’s section in particular) turns around and looks at his P&L for this gen, compares it to the P&L for the last 4 PS gens and ask himself “wtf are these losers talking about”😂😂😂

Its funny too how everyone one misses Japan Studios but none of ya bought their games or supported the studio, really fucking funny seeing this weird reaction to Japan Studio. You have to support shit if ya want them to stick around.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: KiryuRealty

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
You know CoD pro teams are dominated by controller players, right? lol mnk players doesn't stand a chance
You know I don't give a shit about CoD or the CoD pro scene, right? The idea of playing a FPS with a controller by itself is beyond laughable and bragging about playing an FPS with a gamepad is peak Xbox.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Alabtrosmyster