As PlayStation outsells Xbox by well over 3:1, Digital Foundry discusses a new Xbox in 2026.

24 Jun 2022
You know CoD pro teams are dominated by controller players, right? lol mnk players doesn't stand a chance

I'm a multiplayer kindda person. Some of my best online relations has been made through a party chat - and no, I'm from Denmark we're far greater than those pesky americans

I also said on so many points - not all. For multiplayer gaming X360 was far better than PS3 - better online service (paid tho'), party chat and a much much better controller suited for western sized hands.

This is such a weird and dumb thing to say. There isn't much difference between a grown Western-sized hand a grown non-Western-sized hand, FFS. Most adults in the West are not basketball player height, and most adults in Asia/ROTW are not midgets.

You'd at least have a point if you said something about the analog stick placement; that's the only real reason the Xbox controller was preferred by Western (mainly American & UK) players, because guess what FPS games blew up in popularity on console that gen thanks to COD. Putting the left analog stick where the d-pad traditionally was, made FPS games a lot more natural for FPS people on console.

That doesn't mean the PS way is inherently worst, though. Can even be argued it's better long-term for a larger variety of games since the left stick sits where your thumb would naturally rest holding a controller for longer periods.

8BiTw0LF

This is such a weird and dumb thing to say. There isn't much difference between a grown Western-sized hand a grown non-Western-sized hand, FFS. Most adults in the West are not basketball player height, and most adults in Asia/ROTW are not midgets.
Absolutely a pun against asian people - they have the smallest hands and feet. They are very petite compared to the rest of the world and that's a fact.

8BiTw0LF

You know I don't give a shit about CoD or the CoD pro scene, right? The idea of playing a FPS with a controller by itself is beyond laughable and bragging about playing an FPS with a gamepad is peak Xbox.
Just because you're ass with a controller doesn't mean it's right. But stick to your 3rd person adventure games on PlayStation you absolute asshat lol

8BiTw0LF

Let's bring it back
Fuck this place. You're all shouting at an "enemy" who isn't here. Beyond ridiculous

• Peachy
Reactions: Cool hand luke

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Just because you're ass with a controller doesn't mean it's right. But stick to your 3rd person adventure games on PlayStation you absolute asshat lol
Of course, there are good players on controllers, but most ain't and k&m is a must for enjoyable gaming in FPS genre.

On Demand

Veteran
Icon Extra
30 Jul 2022
John Lindamin (don’t care how you pronounce or spell) first says PS4 had a lot going on in the first couple years compared to PS5. Then he says PS5 is selling more than Xbox because it has more exclusives. That there’s many first party games. So which is it? These people are all over the place.

PS5 has way more games at launch and afterwards than PS4 did. Don’t know what the heck he’s talking about.

• brain
Reactions: The Icon

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
Party chat, who gives a shit about that? The fact you have to even bring that up says everything. It had paid online, byfar the worst thing to ever happen in the console space.

CoD with a gamepad? Lmao.

360 controllers didn't even come with rechargeable battery and some models had wired controllers. There are 360 models with no HDMI or internal storage, it was a cheap console that benefited from some things not working out for the PS3.

CoD, Xbox 360, party chat... are you American? Usually Americans have a very distorted view of how dominant the 360 was compared to the rest of the world.
This post is straight from 2007… love it

Entropi

Veteran
Icon Extra
22 Jan 2023
John Lindamin (don’t care how you pronounce or spell) first says PS4 had a lot going on in the first couple years compared to PS5. Then he says PS5 is selling more than Xbox because it has more exclusives. That there’s many first party games. So which is it? These people are all over the place.

PS5 has way more games at launch and afterwards than PS4 did. Don’t know what the heck he’s talking about.

PS4 had little going on during its first 3 years. All these media outlets saying “PS4 was better than PS5 at this point in the generation” really need to lay down the crack.

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023

Even as a PlayStation doomer it's pretty clear the PS5 had a lot more going on for it in the first 3 years than the PS4 did.

The big question about PS5 is if it will live up to the later years of PS4 that had exclusive games like Horizon, God of War 2018, GoT, TLoU Part 2, etc.

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
No insults ppl
It's like bragging you are good at racing game with a gamepad. If you really like the genre why are you playing it with sublimation input? I never cared nor will I ever care about console FPS games and to me that is the type of idiotic mindset I come to expect from Xbox players.

Send all the high quality 3rd person games that Xbox players will be missing my way.

Fuck this place. You're all shouting at an "enemy" who isn't here. Beyond ridiculous
You seem to be here, fuck you.

OP
OP
Jim Ryan

Jim Ryan

Not Lyin
VIP
22 Jun 2022
It's like bragging you are good at racing game with a gamepad. If you really like the genre why are you playing it with sublimation input? I never cared nor will I ever care about console FPS games and to me that is the type of idiotic mindset I come to expect from Xbox players.

Send all the high quality 3rd person games that Xbox players will be missing my way.

You seem to be here, fuck you.

This isnt the Jim Ryan way.

Be good to each other.

@8BiTw0LF and @Nhomnhom time to hug it out.

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
This isnt the Jim Ryan way.

Be good to each other.

@8BiTw0LF and @Nhomnhom time to hug it out.
finish him video games GIF

The iconEra way.

What I mean is yer, bad guys, come on, it's only a few days into the new year ffs.

share the love, not the hate

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
Absolutely a pun against asian people - they have the smallest hands and feet. They are very petite compared to the rest of the world and that's a fact.
it's those shoes they made their woman wear to get small feet.

That had a name for it, pretty brutal practise

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Only it isn't a fact. Many African nations, and even a couple of European ones, are at or below the level of many other Asian nations. Maybe get off 4chan for your facts.

24 Jun 2022

I guess Yao Ming really is 5'7" and not 7'5" or whatever absurd height he is. I've also met quite a few people (black, Asian etc.) only average height but with bigger hands and feet than some people taller than them.

Regardless it still makes the controller comment stupid. Like I said, stick placement was more a factor if anything and even then the DualShock's stick placement is more natural for most non-FPS games in prolonged sessions. But whatever.

Evilnemesis8

Veteran
19 Dec 2023

Both statement can be true quite easily.
PlayStation had less exclusives and more cross-gen games. There was a pandemic afterall, financial realities dictated a lot of decisions during that time period.
But at the same time, Xbox still had less exclusives than PlayStation because they've bought a bunch of studios near the end of the generation which weren't going to ready to produce their first game or even had to contractual obligations to ship a multiplat game still before they could even start their first exclusive game.

I also imagine that he's speaking from his perspective(I haven't looked at the clip)and he's into retro gaming and quirky games much more than blockbusters. I suspect John is one that quite liked early PS4 era where they were more smaller experimental games, which is fair, everyone's got their own gaming tastes.

historia

Veteran
29 Jun 2023
Cmon lads. This is 2020s. This is not 1940s.

My son is 186cm, even my daughter is 160m. She is in 3rd year middle school. Both my wife and I are 170cm above.

Where does that come from?

Reactions: Jim Ryan