As PlayStation outsells Xbox by well over 3:1, Digital Foundry discusses a new Xbox in 2026.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Both statement can be true quite easily.
PlayStation had less exclusives and more cross-gen games. There was a pandemic afterall, financial realities dictated a lot of decisions during that time period.
But at the same time, Xbox still had less exclusives than PlayStation because they've bought a bunch of studios near the end of the generation which weren't going to ready to produce their first game or even had to contractual obligations to ship a multiplat game still before they could even start their first exclusive game.

I also imagine that he's speaking from his perspective(I haven't looked at the clip)and he's into retro gaming and quirky games much more than blockbusters. I suspect John is one that quite liked early PS4 era where they were more smaller experimental games, which is fair, everyone's got their own gaming tastes.
cross gen games are still exclusives. if my first Playstation is 5, should i care that it is on PS4? no. PS5 had way way better first few years, not just exclusives, but hardware also.

Reactions: On Demand

On Demand

Veteran
Icon Extra
30 Jul 2022
Both statement can be true quite easily.
PlayStation had less exclusives and more cross-gen games. There was a pandemic afterall, financial realities dictated a lot of decisions during that time period.
But at the same time, Xbox still had less exclusives than PlayStation because they've bought a bunch of studios near the end of the generation which weren't going to ready to produce their first game or even had to contractual obligations to ship a multiplat game still before they could even start their first exclusive game.

I also imagine that he's speaking from his perspective(I haven't looked at the clip)and he's into retro gaming and quirky games much more than blockbusters. I suspect John is one that quite liked early PS4 era where they were more smaller experimental games, which is fair, everyone's got their own gaming tastes.

That’s a lot of spinning.

PS5 launch lineup was night and day more robust than PS4. The following year PS5 had games like Returnal and Ratchet and Clank. Following year again had big games with Horizon FW and God Of War. The last 3 years of first party software is on another level compared to what Sony had with PS4.

You then spin further making the usual excuses talking points for Xbox about games were not ready because they just bought the studios. What about their own studios they already had? Second party games? It’s MS fault they don’t know to curate and manage games. Buying studios was not going to be the answer. Those deals and contractual multi platform games have nothing to do with MS. That’s not a legitimate reason. That’s just another excuse in a long line of them.

I bet you condone Phil Spencer saying you don’t need any games at a console’s launch because they will sell out anyway. In response to the question on why Xbox is launching with no games. Nobody really pick up on that. If Jim Ryan said that about PS5 it would have bloody murder from everybody.

Ezekiel

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Absolutely a pun against asian people - they have the smallest hands and feet. They are very petite compared to the rest of the world and that's a fact.
PS1 controller and DualShock 3 were pretty small, arguably.

But DualShock 4 and DualSense are usual size.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: 8BiTw0LF

On Demand

Veteran
Icon Extra
30 Jul 2022
cross gen games are still exclusives. if my first Playstation is 5, should i care that it is on PS4? no. PS5 had way way better first few years, not just exclusives, but hardware also.

Those cross generation games all sold more on PS5 anyway. So clearly it didn’t matter and they were basically PS5 games.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: KiryuRealty

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
Cmon lads. This is 2020s. This is not 1940s.

My son is 186cm, even my daughter is 160m. She is in 3rd year middle school. Both my wife and I are 170cm above.

Where does that come from?
The discussion is about Height not width ffs.

sorry, @Gamernyc78 has been a bad influence on me, i used to be a good guy :(

Last edited:

Evilnemesis8

Veteran
19 Dec 2023
You then spin further making the usual excuses talking points for Xbox about games were not ready because they just bought the studios. What about their own studios they already had? Second party games? It’s MS fault they don’t know to curate and manage games. Buying studios was not going to be the answer. Those deals and contractual multi platform games have nothing to do with MS. That’s not a legitimate reason. That’s just another excuse in a long line of them.

I bet you condone Phil Spencer saying you don’t need any games at a console’s launch because they will sell out anyway. In response to the question on why Xbox is launching with no games. Nobody really pick up on that. If Jim Ryan said that about PS5 it would have bloody murder from everybody.
I'm not spinning anything.
I personally find the PS5 launch lineup to be much superior, I'm directly opposed to John's viewpoint in this particular instance.
All I said was there exist a scenario in which someone might feel like they preferred the PS4 first few years compared to the PS5 based on their own subjective gaming taste and that Xbox failing (as usual) still would put the PS5 easily on top in terms the general audience demand.

• noneofmybizz
Reactions: On Demand

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
I'm not spinning anything.
I personally find the PS5 launch lineup to be much superior, I'm directly opposed to John's viewpoint in this particular instance.
All I said was there exist a scenario in which someone might feel like they preferred the PS4 first few years compared to the PS5 based on their own subjective gaming taste and that Xbox failing (as usual) still would put the PS5 easily on top in terms the general audience demand.
It is clear, why they prefer PS4 line up, because it is history. It is always the same song from these green rats.
They are doing the same with xbox, just other way around. Praise xbox now, trying hype it and make relevant, in the end, after it is history, they are like : yeah, xbox was shit. Now it is good etc..

They are so predictable.

laynelane

Veteran
14 Jul 2022
I guess Yao Ming really is 5'7" and not 7'5" or whatever absurd height he is. I've also met quite a few people (black, Asian etc.) only average height but with bigger hands and feet than some people taller than them.

Regardless it still makes the controller comment stupid. Like I said, stick placement was more a factor if anything and even then the DualShock's stick placement is more natural for most non-FPS games in prolonged sessions. But whatever.

The stick placement is a problem for me with Xbox controllers (also the size/weight and external batteries too). As much as I love to play games for hours on end, I do have repetitive strain injuries in my hands and arms that I've accrued through various jobs (and playing video games for too long lol). The placement of the sticks on PS controllers means less unnatural movement and is very helpful for comfort.

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
I do have repetitive strain injuries in my hands and arms that I've accrued through various handjobs

Just one added word puts a whole new context to this quote above!

Buffing Game Show GIF by ABC Network

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
I think a next-gen Xbox in 2026 makes perfect since if it's no longer a console per se, but a gaming PC consolized NUC & laptop-like system line that can run Windows 12 😉.

Feels more and more likely this is the direction Microsoft are going in, but too many of the diehards can't see it yet because they're still stuck in the console war mentality.
MS will be leaving gaming hardware entirely, not making consolized PCs.

That was what the first Xbox was, and the money they lost on it was ridiculous.

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
A guy shows up saying fuck everyone in this place, gets no warning, I tell him he should go fuck himself instead one hour later and I get a warning. 😐

It's hard being me. :poop:

r7xNlpe.png
Have you seen the size of @Gamernyc78, he's like the Puerto Rico version of the Hulk.

Your best chance is to hit him when he is sitting on a toilet with a crossbow.

• haha
Reactions: Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
A guy shows up saying fuck everyone in this place, gets no warning, I tell him he should go fuck himself instead one hour later and I get a warning. 😐

It's hard being me. :poop:

r7xNlpe.png
He did get a warning smh. You guys are too much.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Sircaw