Assassin's Creed Mirage, Death Stranding and Resident Evil Village are coming to iPhone 15 Pro

Apple is getting serious about gaming

• Good

Votes: 16 69.6%
  • Bad

Votes: 7 30.4%

• Total voters

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
Sony already giving away a first-party game to the enemy. They better have a plan with Apple because they could backstab them like MS did.

I don't think Sony has any control over Death Stranding outside the console version. I doubt they're even publishing the iPhone version. Apple would be way more tolerable than Xbox imo anyway.

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
I don't think Sony has any control over Death Stranding outside the console version. I doubt they're even publishing the iPhone version. Apple would be way more tolerable than Xbox imo anyway.
How does Sony have no control when they own the IP? 🤔

Imagine if Xbox’s Kojima game is using the Decima Engine….wouldn’t surprise me one bit since DS was already on GamePass.

Jim and Hermen are the weakest leaders in the industry

FatKaz

Veteran
16 Jul 2022

Imagine if Xbox’s Kojima game is using the Decima Engine….wouldn’t surprise me one bit since DS was already on GamePass.

Would that have been Jim and hulst though?

Layden left in 2019 and Jim took over, and hulst was put in charge of ps studios in 2019.

Whatever deal they had with kojipro on ownership would have been made way before 2019 when death stranding released.

• brain
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023

505 has the publishing rights outside of consoles, and I'm willing to bet Sony let it happen this way to appease Kojima, if you want to have a doomer meltdown over a non-story go ahead though. Also the Kojima game with MS was reported as a smaller game that is just the project that he was working on with Google before Stadia died.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: KiryuRealty

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
505 has the publishing rights outside of consoles, and I'm willing to bet Sony let it happen this way to appease Kojima, if you want to have a doomer meltdown over a non-story go ahead though. Also the Kojima game with MS was reported as a smaller game that is just the project that he was working on with Google before Stadia died.
Kojima owns Death Stranding's IP, it was conditional to his deal with Sony, and outside of being PS-only on console, he can partner with whomever he pleases for PC if he wants to allow a port.

The Chicken Little shit from some people over PC ports is just tiresome, isn't it?

Reactions: AshHunter216

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
I'm already seeing a few argue online that Apple's foray into gaming should justify MS buying multiple large publishers, as though Apple are this huge threat to gaming that people need or even want MS to protect them from.

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
Kojima owns Death Stranding's IP, it was conditional to his deal with Sony, and outside of being PS-only on console, he can partner with whomever he pleases for PC if he wants to allow a port.

The Chicken Little shit from some people over PC ports is just tiresome, isn't it?
Would that have been Jim and hulst though?

Layden left in 2019 and Jim took over, and hulst was put in charge of ps studios in 2019.

Whatever deal they had with kojipro on ownership would have been made way before 2019 when death stranding released.
You guys always have an excuse for everything, fact is, none of this stuff was happening before they came in to the picture. Bunch of former exclusives, MLB the Show, Persona, Yakuza, Kingdom Hearts, Death Stranding, and more all went to GamePass under Jims watch, not Shawn. You guys can keep defending him all you want, just know you're as bad as the Phil acolytes 🤠

FatKaz

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
You guys always have an excuse for everything, fact is, none of this stuff was happening before they came in to the picture. Bunch of former exclusives, MLB the Show, Persona, Yakuza, Kingdom Hearts, Death Stranding, and more all went to GamePass under Jims watch, not Shawn. You guys can keep defending him all you want, just know you're as bad as the Phil acolytes 🤠
And you you want to blame Jim for everything without thinking.

MLB the show was clearly forced by MLB themselves, Sony is at the mercy of MLB or they lose the license. There is no fighting MLB here.

And you ignored my comment about the fact that death stranding decision for the ownership would have been made years before and not in 2019. That would have been under laydens leadership not Jim or hulsts.

You don't sign an agreement during initial negotiations with kojipro that you will own it, and then suddenly in 2019 just when development is finished get muscled by kojipro to hand over ownership, or willingly hand over it, absurd.

Every single other game is a third party game, Sony will get them , they aren't wasting money keeping those exclusives forever.

And besides those publisher's probably wont want to sign a contract to give permanent exclusivity to Sony either. Sony doesn't and can't control these third publishers, that's a reality that people need to accept.

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023

MLB the show was clearly forced by MLB themselves, Sony is at the mercy of MLB or they lose the license. There is no fighting MLB here.

And you ignored my comment about the fact that death stranding decision for the ownership would have been made years before and not in 2019. That would have been under laydens leadership not Jim or hulsts.

You don't sign an agreement during initial negotiations with kojipro that you will own it, and then suddenly in 2019 just when development is finished get muscled by kojipro to hand over ownership, or willingly hand over it, absurd.

Every single other game is a third party game, Sony will get them , they aren't wasting money keeping those exclusives forever.

And besides those publisher's probably wont want to sign a contract to give permanent exclusivity to Sony either. Sony doesn't and can't control these third publishers, that's a reality that people need to accept.
More excuses, I didn't ignore your comment, I said it doesn't matter that Death Stranding came out in 2019, it went to GamePass in 2022 aka under Jims watch. Of course I will blame everything on Jim, he's the CEO 😂 who did you want me to blame, the janitor? End of the day we all know everything falls on the CEO, idk why you're trying to act like it should be any other way. And the stuff about 3rd party can't be controlled is a lie, they had no issue doing it for 20+ years before Jim/Hermen came along 🤠 oh let me guess, it's just a coincidence, like everything else wrong with PlayStation since Jim took over.

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.

Don’t try to reason with Jah Rule there, he’s just a chicken little.

• haha
Reactions: JAHGamer

FatKaz

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
More excuses, I didn't ignore your comment, I said it doesn't matter that Death Stranding came out in 2019, it went to GamePass in 2022 aka under Jims watch. Of course I will blame everything on Jim, he's the CEO 😂 who did you want me to blame, the janitor?
Once again you ignored my comment. When ownership was given to kojipro (which would have been prior to development of death stranding) they will have the right to publish whatever platform that ownership allows. Jim will have no say in that, because somebody prior to him negotiated that.

What exactly do you want Jim to do here? Force kojipro at gun point to not publish a game that they legally can?
End of the day we all know everything falls on the CEO, idk why you're trying to act like it should be any other way. And the stuff about 3rd party can't be controlled is a lie, they had no issue doing it for 20+ years before Jim/Hermen came along 🤠 oh let me guess, it's just a coincidence, like everything else wrong with PlayStation since Jim took over.
What did they control for 20+ years?

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: KiryuRealty

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
Once again you ignored my comment. When ownership was given to kojipro (which would have been prior to development of death stranding) they will have the right to publish whatever platform that ownership allows. Jim will have no say in that, because somebody prior to him negotiated that.

What exactly do you want Jim to do here? Force kojipro at gun point to not publish a game that they legally can?
Once again, I didn't ignore your comment. Not my fault you refuse to acknowledge what I say or put 2 and 2 together. All I know is, if someone actually competent was in charge you'd never see Death Stranding on GamePass, that's inexcusable.
What did they control for 20+ years?
All of the former 3rd party exclusive games you said they had no control over