Assassin's Creed Mirage, Death Stranding and Resident Evil Village are coming to iPhone 15 Pro

Apple is getting serious about gaming

• Good

Votes: 16 69.6%
  • Bad

Votes: 7 30.4%

• Total voters

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
You guys always have an excuse for everything, fact is, none of this stuff was happening before they came in to the picture. Bunch of former exclusives, MLB the Show, Persona, Yakuza, Kingdom Hearts, Death Stranding, and more all went to GamePass under Jims watch, not Shawn. You guys can keep defending him all you want, just know you're as bad as the Phil acolytes 🤠
No one is making an excuse here nor is one even needed. You're just having another needless meltdown.

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
No one is making an excuse here nor is one even needed. You're just having another needless meltdown.
Valid critique = needless meltdown ? This is what I mean, PlayStation is becoming like Xbox, and PlayStation fans are becoming like Xbox fans. Very sad to see, I thought we were better than this.
It's like the dude doesn't realize Sony can't just control what 3rd party devs do with their own shit.
We never had to have this "realization" until Jim and Hermen came into the equation 🤠

historia

Veteran
29 Jun 2023
These Iphones are like what £1000+ fuck that I'm happy with my affordable android phone & I wanna play games on my TV screen with a proper controller 😂
I bought a phone from Google like 3 years ago for like less than 40000 yen which is approximately 400 USD then, still work great today. Not sure why anyone need 1000 dollars phone if they gonna upgrade every years.

My wife doesn't give a fuck though, she want fancy new iPhone every years to flex to her collagues.

I don't understand what is to flex, it is the exact same shit everyone has. It is not unique in any capacity.

historia

Veteran
29 Jun 2023
Also you can remove the annoying shutter sound while taking photos with a few adb lines. So many time I was scanning papers and that sounds just really get in my nerves.

iPhone can't do that.

Reactions: Would_you_kindly

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
Thasst's honestly impressive for a cellphone with no GPU

Guess that 3nm processors are the future
Every iPhone since the 3GS has had a GPU.

The GPU and CPU share the same die in all Apple Silicon chips, and their GPUs punch well above their weight.

I have a base 13-inch MacBook Pro and it can do some things that you need a beefy graphics card to do on a Windows PC.

Last edited:

Entropi

Veteran
Icon Extra
22 Jan 2023
I wonder if the Switch 2 SoC is anywhere near as powerful. It’ll have more RAM for sure, at least.

Airbus

Veteran
Icon Extra
30 Jun 2022
Think apple will get serious and make a dedicated consoles in the future who knows will be fun to see apple replacing xbox

Arc

5 Sep 2023
In response to the poll, I think it’s a good thing. More competition is better. I have an emotional knee jerk against it, but I can’t cite a logical reason why them getting some AAA games is bad, unless they also join the race to the bottom that is mobile gaming.

What’s interesting about this news to me is:

1: With USB-C, Apple now has access to 4K60 out. They could easily release some kind of dock and controller bundle to let you play these games on the TV. It won’t be comparable to the enthusiast experience, but it will be a cheap way for casual gamers to access gaming.

2: Apple often spreads the love with their chips across their entire lineup for years. A future $129 Apple TV that can play PS4 level games? Quite likely, whether or not people choose to do that.

3: Apple’s GamePass equivalent. Some of these games could end ‘free’ for casuals to dip their toes in, and see if they like it.

4: A pretty mature ecosystem. If you’ve mastered the unholy old magics required for touch gaming to feel okay to you, or you’ve bought yourself an add-on controller or a clip, you could take Death Stranding from iPhone, to future iPad (touch), to Mac or future Apple TV with controller. If you already own all those things, that’s a pretty cool ecosystem of devices to play on, for every scenario.

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
Think apple will get serious and make a dedicated consoles in the future who knows will be fun to see apple replacing xbox
If Apple made a console they would decimate the competition, Sony, Nintendo, and Microsoft wouldn't be able to compete. But I don't think they ever would since they can just throw an M2 or A17 Pro chip into an Apple TV and call it a day. They already make more from gaming than Nintendo and Xbox as it is without even trying.

Arc

5 Sep 2023
If Apple made a console they would decimate the competition, Sony, Nintendo, and Microsoft wouldn't be able to compete. But I don't think they ever would since they can just throw an M2 or A17 Pro chip into an Apple TV and call it a day. They already make more from gaming than Nintendo and Xbox as it is without even trying.
I think, sadly, Sony too. But mobile gaming is such a different beast to enthusiast gaming. I feel like people and children are more distracting themselves than playing real games.

I think the Apple TV route is likely. Whenever this chip is viable for a $129.99 price, and that won’t be long without the rest of the construction, they may try to approach the market from the back end. Sell older and less intensive enthusiast games to casuals. It’s something for Nintendo specifically to keep an eye on, as that’s about their spec range and partial market, except Appleheads already own most of this stuff, sans a controller.

Edit: I stand possibly corrected on the money thing.

Last edited:

Airbus

Veteran
Icon Extra
30 Jun 2022
Wont be that easy to tap in console market as the buyers are much picky compared to smarphone buyers

Looking at apple history theres high chances they will overprice the thing

Anything over $1000 will be a hard sell

Last edited:

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
This is good, now not only we have to be concerned about games having their scope limited by the series shit, we also have to be concerned that games will start to be designed with a phone in mind.

Apple and Microsoft banding together to fuck console gaming for good. But since it's apple, people will cheer on at such tremendous innovation, since now apple has taken the crown of having invented gaming.

Arc

5 Sep 2023
This is good, now not only we have to be concerned about games having their scope limited by the series shit, we also have to be concerned that games will start to be designed with a phone in mind.

Apple and Microsoft banding together to fuck console gaming for good. But since it's apple, people will cheer on at such tremendous innovation, since now apple has taken the crown of having invented gaming.
For what it’s worth, I’d be very surprised to see anyone outside of F2P online target phones.

Unless something with the market really changes, it’s F2P that makes this market move. To change that, Apple gamers would have to change gaming habits and start buying AAA games in serious numbers.

Right now, PC and consoles are universally the best place to move that kind of product.

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
Wont be that east to tap in console market as the buyers are much picky compared to smarphone buyers

Looking at apple history theres high chances they will overprice the thing

Anything over $1000 will be a hard sell
Apples pricing lately has been very fair besides a few random peripherals like their monitor stand and wheels. The iPhone 15 pro is *only* (only lol) $999, and it has a better processor and build quality than any other phone on the market. The Apple silicon Macs are the best bang for buck productivity computers, the M2 Mac Mini is only $600 MSRP and nothing in that price range comes close to it.

I think you're grossly underestimating the iPhone 15 Pro's A17 Bionic....I think its on par with the PS5 and Series X....

• brain
Reactions: Airbus

Arc

5 Sep 2023
I think you're grossly underestimating the iPhone 15 Pro's A17 Bionic....I think it’s on par with the PS5 and Series X....
Ima say what I said in the Switch 2 thread the other day. Apple talks an impressive game, but the reality is that this device is just so much smaller than the other two, as well as having to sip power and stay reasonably cool, rather than mainlining power from the wall and dissipating it with huge fans.

I think the end result will likely be much more in line with something like the Steam Deck in a more svelte package, which makes sense as time pays size dividends, and the footage today seems to back that up. Remake in particular, to my eyes looks more like the PS4 version, and they were showing a lot of stuff with that look.

Crow

Banned
15 Jul 2023
lmao highly unlikely. we're done with seeing new console competitors. apple will stick with mobile gaming only. thats where all the money is anyway.