Assassin's Creed Mirage, Death Stranding and Resident Evil Village are coming to iPhone 15 Pro

Apple is getting serious about gaming

• Good

Votes: 16 69.6%
  • Bad

Votes: 7 30.4%

• Total voters

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
I think you're grossly underestimating the iPhone 15 Pro's A17 Bionic....I think its on par with the PS5 and Series X....

I'm not sure I was clear:

we also have to be concerned that games will start to be designed with a phone in mind.

It's not about graphics, bandwidth, whatever. It's about the game having to be designed with a phone in mind, meaning they have to account for UI / UX, key bindings, mechanics, etc.

Reactions: Would_you_kindly

Crow

Banned
15 Jul 2023
This is good, now not only we have to be concerned about games having their scope limited by the series shit, we also have to be concerned that games will start to be designed with a phone in mind.

Apple and Microsoft banding together to fuck console gaming for good. But since it's apple, people will cheer on at such tremendous innovation, since now apple has taken the crown of having invented gaming.
i wouldnt worriy about games having their scoped limited. Consoles limit pc games, but the industry still flourishes.

• haha

Darth Vader

Founder
20 Jun 2022
i wouldnt worriy about games having their scoped limited. Consoles limit pc games, but the industry still flourishes.

Bullshit. PCs limit themselves, since games target both potato hardware running HDDs, and top-of-the-line hardware capable of ultra-settings ray-tracing. Until AAA games move to require an M2 SSD, PCs are the limiting factor, not consoles.

Crow

Banned
15 Jul 2023
Bullshit. PCs limit themselves, since games target both potato hardware running HDDs, and top-of-the-line hardware capable of ultra-settings ray-tracing. Until AAA games move to require an M2 SSD, PCs are the limiting factor, not consoles.
nah mate. Consoles been holding back pc gaming for decades because they have to make games running on outdated consoles. SSDs are old tech. FF 16 is like 720p on the ps5 during combat to maintain 60fps. Consoles are budget devices.

• haha

Darth Vader

Founder
20 Jun 2022
nah mate. Consoles been holding back pc gaming for decades because they have to make games running on outdated consoles. SSDs are old tech. FF 16 is like 720p on the ps5 during combat to maintain 60fps. Consoles are budget devices.

Yes, consoles are budget devices, which doesn't mean they are holding back PCs. Again, PCs are holding back consoles in game design, and hold themselves overall. There's empirical data that supports this.

All data below is per steam surveys:

Top 5 most used GPUs
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060
Over 47% of computers use 4 or 6 core CPUs, over 67% use 4 to 8 core CPUs
Over 50% of computers have 8GB of VRAM or Less

The most common Steam PC:

Windows 10 64 bit
System RAM - 16 GB
Intel CPU - 2.3 Ghz to 2.69 Ghz
Physical CPUs - 6 cpus
Video Card Description - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650
VRAM - 8 GB

Crow

Banned
15 Jul 2023
Yes, consoles are budget devices, which doesn't mean they are holding back PCs. Again, PCs are holding back consoles in game design, and hold themselves overall. There's empirical data that supports this.

All data below is per steam surveys:

Top 5 most used GPUs

Over 47% of computers use 4 or 6 core CPUs, over 67% use 4 to 8 core CPUs
Over 50% of computers have 8GB of VRAM or Less

The most common Steam PC:
PCs don't hold back anything. minimum requirements go up every year. in about two years, current gen consoles will be comparable to low budget pcs. Consoles are already having a hard time running the latest triple A games. Caped 30fps, big fps drops, lower resolution to maintain 60fps,

• haha

Airbus

Veteran
Icon Extra
30 Jun 2022
lmao highly unlikely. we're done with seeing new console competitors. apple will stick with mobile gaming only. thats where all the money is anyway.
But now you can play re 4 remake and ac mirage on iphone 15 already

My question is how do apple player buy this game from apple playstore? $60 or its cheaper for phone game

If so thats a huge advantage for them

If they capable of producing mobile device that can play console game with cheaper mobile game price thats gona be very interesting for gamers

Killer_Sakoman

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Last edited:
  • they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Johnic

FatKaz

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
Once again, I didn't ignore your comment. Not my fault you refuse to acknowledge what I say or put 2 and 2 together. All I know is, if someone actually competent was in charge you'd never see Death Stranding on GamePass, that's inexcusable.
Once again you can't comprehend that kojipro didn't want complete exclusivity to playstation, and that was negoatiated by the previous leadership.

Say it with me "KOPJIPRO DIDN'T WANT COMPLETE EXCLUSIVITY"

No amount of competant leadership is changing their mind when they didn't want it.

All of the former 3rd party exclusive games you said they had no control over
Alot of those third parties exclusives were exclusive to playstation because the other platform(xbox) was no viable for them.

Some of those third party exclusives were temporary through a contract.

Now feel free to explain to us your master plan on how you would have maintained control of all those third party games forever? And i say forever cause that's clearly what you want.

Make sure to let us know what you would do if those third party publisher didn't want to do permanent exclusivity.

Last edited:
  • fire
Reactions: KiryuRealty

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
I'm not sure I was clear:

It's not about graphics, bandwidth, whatever. It's about the game having to be designed with a phone in mind, meaning they have to account for UI / UX, key bindings, mechanics, etc.
You can connect a DualSense Edge with your iPhone, and a bunch of other clip on controllers, so this isn't as big a deal as it seems.

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
Once again you can't comprehend that kojipro didn't want complete exclusivity to playstation, and that was negoatiated by the previous leadership.

Say it with me "KOPJIPRO DIDN'T WANT COMPLETE EXCLUSIVITY"

No amount of competant leadership is changing their mind when they didn't want it.
I'm not talking about exclusivity, I'm talking about it being on GamePass. And if that were the case then Kojima would've kept the IP for himself, but Sony owns it, ergo it comes down to them. Allowing your own IP to be on a competitors subscription service is the textbook definition of incompetence.
Alot of those third parties exclusives were exclusive to playstation because the other platform(xbox) was no viable for them.

Some of those third party exclusives were temporary through a contract.

Now feel free to explain to us your master plan on how you would have maintained control of all those third party games forever? And i say forever cause that's clearly what you want.

Make sure to let us know what you would do if those third party publisher didn't want to do permanent exclusivity.
So Xbox is more viable now than it was during the 360 era where sales and mindshare were neck and neck? 😭😭 Cut it out sir

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
Ima say what I said in the Switch 2 thread the other day. Apple talks an impressive game, but the reality is that this device is just so much smaller than the other two, as well as having to sip power and stay reasonably cool, rather than mainlining power from the wall and dissipating it with huge fans.

I think the end result will likely be much more in line with something like the Steam Deck in a more svelte package, which makes sense as time pays size dividends, and the footage today seems to back that up. Remake in particular, to my eyes looks more like the PS4 version, and they were showing a lot of stuff with that look.
Apple Silicon is known for their efficiency, so power won't be an issue. CPU wise, last years A16 Bionic was on par with an i7 13700k while using only 10W TDP, the A17 Pro is supposed to be a big leap. Comparing it to the Steam Deck is an insult

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Alabtrosmyster

FatKaz

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
I'm not talking about exclusivity, I'm talking about it being on GamePass. And if that were the case then Kojima would've kept the IP for himself, but Sony owns it, ergo it comes down to them. Allowing your own IP to be on a competitors subscription service is the textbook definition of incompetence.
Yes it does come down to sony, and that's the previous leadership who gave kojima the ability to put it on PC. They clearly agreed on a middle ground it wouldn't be available on xbox console.

And It didn't just come to gamepass, it came to PC gamepass because of the above.

And whose fault is it that when they negotiated with kojima they didn't factor in gamepass for PC as well as iphone?

Gamepass for PC was announced in 2019, gamepass for console was launched in 2017 and death stranding was revealed in 2016.

No one could have predicted MS would put gamepass on PC as far as back as 2016 when that agreement for death strading platform exclusivity would have been made.

So Xbox is more viable now than it was during the 360 era where sales and mindshare were neck and neck? 😭😭 Cut it out sir
Never said xbox was more viable now.

It's quite obvious phil is cutting cheques to get games from those japanese devs.

Like i said feel free to give your plan on how you think sony can continue maintaing control of those third party games from all those publishers forever.

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
No one could have predicted MS would put gamepass on PC as far as back as 2016 when that agreement for death strading platform exclusivity would have been made.
Wrong, I would've 😎
Like i said feel free to give your plan on how you think sony can continue maintaing control of those third party games from all those publishers forever.
It's quite simple really, but I can't divulge trade secrets on a public forum. Sorry

• thinking_hard
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Darth Vader

Founder
20 Jun 2022
PCs don't hold back anything. minimum requirements go up every year. in about two years, current gen consoles will be comparable to low budget pcs. Consoles are already having a hard time running the latest triple A games. Caped 30fps, big fps drops, lower resolution to maintain 60fps,

Moving the goalpost already? Good on you for ignoring reality.

Darth Vader

Founder
20 Jun 2022
You can connect a DualSense Edge with your iPhone, and a bunch of other clip on controllers, so this isn't as big a deal as it seems.

Yet they need to account for people that won't, so they still need to constrain games to phone limitations.

Airbus

Veteran
Icon Extra
30 Jun 2022
What if the next Iphone 16 pro max are able to play GTA6 4K 60 fps better than ps5 and xbox series x

End Of The World Oops GIF by The Gregory Brothers

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
All of the former 3rd party exclusive games you said they had no control over
Name some.

Third party exclusivity deals were timed since at least the PS3 era. Even before, they were often more the result of market share and\or technical limitations in the PS1 era.

The only platform holder that ever had control over 3rd parties was Nintendo, and this was a long long time ago.

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
Name some.

Third party exclusivity deals were timed since at least the PS3 era. Even before, they were often more the result of market share and\or technical limitations in the PS1 era.

The only platform holder that ever had control over 3rd parties was Nintendo, and this was a long long time ago.
Where were you all of last gen? and the previous one?
Read the thread properly instead of jumping in late, your points have been addressed already.