Assassin's Creed Shadows delayed to February 14, 2025 | Day 1 Steam Release

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
AC fans love the open world template, it's like comfort food.
It's the same buying habit as sports games fan, although sports games are worse, lmao.

As long as the game is first it'll be fine. I don't expect Ghost of Yotei before Q2 2025 at the earliest.

An AC game is going to outsell every game on that list comfortably aside from MH Wilds.
KCD 2 is going to sell twice whatever ubiflop shits out in feb, Valhalla was the breaking point for a lot of people. A Nickle and diming company like ubisoft gives the first expansion as a pre order bonus tells me everything I need to know about its quality

And I remember the pre-orders being "Strong" headlines we got, Doesn't look strong anymore

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Outlaws sales were always considered below their expectations... Ubisoft even dropped their target to 2 million.
BTW it was the main reason Ubisoft shares price falls to 10-year low... Investors were very disappointed with it sales.

BTW we are not talking about "guesses"... Outlaws already released and sales are indeed bad lol
Ubisoft now is trying to recover it.
you don't get it. it is a video, CEO saying that Outlaws and Shadows sales are Great to investors.

Great - means sales are over expectations not lower.

they just lie and lie.

a Delay is full fledge damage control. they tried everything, to lie, to Bot fake positive comments, even to buy media. they aren't telling you the truth at all in these PR statements.

Reactions: ToTTenTranz

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
They always come crawling back.
I guess the PC sales of their last few games in the last couple years have been fairly bad for them to do this.
Probably...

I think I can do some guesses here... they are using Steam to profit best imo.

- They reach a peak sales in games then remove them from Steam day one.
- Sell the next games without the 30% cut to Steam until the sales start to drop again.
- Back to Steam to build sales hype again.
- Reach peaks sales and remove them from Steam day one again.

Seem like a cycle :D

• haha
Reactions: quest4441

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
you don't get it. it is a video, CEO saying that Outlaws and Shadows sales are Great to investors.

Great - means sales are over expectations not lower.

they just lie and lie.

a Delay is full fledge damage control. they tried everything, to lie, to Bot fake positive comments, even to buy media. they aren't telling you the truth at all in these PR statements.
You are talking about preorders? I mean they lied about pre-orders?

The sales were bad... not sure what to say... they dropped their target from 5m in 2024 to 2m and put the 5m target to March 2025 (that I think it is very optimistic... their changes in the game should be really jaw dropping).
Investors where mad... share prices dropped a lot.
And now they are doing kind of overhaul of the game to try to increase sales in Holidays.

Edit - Fixed the 2023 lol

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
I never implied it was cancelled just that the delay sucks
That's a shame I was actually looking. Forward to it. 🤔
sorry, but this type of comment usually reserved as something happened, like, i don't know, cancelled game? :D or circumstances changed so much, that you unable to play any longer?

that's why i wrote what i wrote, more like positively, nothing bad happened, just got delayed

Reactions: Danja

Evilnemesis8

Veteran
19 Dec 2023
KCD 2 is going to sell twice whatever ubiflop shits out in feb, Valhalla was the breaking point for a lot of people. A Nickle and diming company like ubisoft gives the first expansion as a pre order bonus tells me everything I need to know about its quality

And I remember the pre-orders being "Strong" headlines we got, Doesn't look strong anymore

Valhalla was the most profitable AC game and the first to break the 1B+ revenue mark, chill dude. Mirage also did fine and sold in line with Origins/Odyssey(at least in its first month) as a DLC that got scope creeped into a smaller main affair.

You can not like a game/franchise and something can be mediocre and still sell.
I dunno why people equate sales to quality, they're related but it's not a 1 to 1.

Since when wasnt it day 1 on pc?

Since Valhalla, release date for that is November 2020 and it released on Steam Dec 2022:

Idiots, this will move it closer to Ghost 2.

Sales don't really get affected by games being many months apart even if they're extremely similar in setting/game genre.

Reactions: ethomaz

ToTTenTranz

Veteran
Icon Extra
4 Aug 2023
Still ain't buying ubi's shit. Feb has dynasty warriors and MH to look forward to. I hope some other big AAA also releases in Feb and puts this shitty company out of its misery.

Remember guys even KCD 2 and the new yakuza releases in Feb, Be better and spend on better games

AC Shadows selling less than Kingdome Come 2, a woke-rejecting game with a fraction of AC's development budget, would be equal parts hilarious and ironic.

Ezekiel

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
They fucked up, but not because of the so called "cOnTrOvErSy", but because they'll be releasing within 3 months of GoY.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Since when wasnt it day 1 on pc?
Well... it is Ubisoft... sometime I had a discussion about how sales revenue increased after they left Steam day one releases...
And the guys where like "What Ubisfot games doesn't release on Steam?"
They change strategy every few years.

2018 - Day one releases on Steam.
2020 - No more releases releases on Steam.
2022 - Some games will start to release late on Steam.
2025 - Day one releases on Steam.

Edit - Ops... they will start day one release on Steam in 2025.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Valhalla was the most profitable AC game and the first to break the 1B+ revenue mark, chill dude. Mirage also did fine and sold in line with Origins/Odyssey(at least in its first month) as a DLC that got scope creeped into a smaller main affair.

You can not like a game/franchise and something can be mediocre and still sell.
I dunno why people equate sales to quality, they're related but it's not a 1 to 1.

Since Valhalla, release date for that is November 2020 and it released on Steam Dec 2022:

Sales don't really get affected by games being many months apart even if they're extremely similar in setting/game genre.
funny, isn't it? most shitty AC got biggest numbers. Mirage is way superior game and older one even more so.

giving 1st expansion for free by ubisoft, should tell you everything about the state of pre-orders. it is so obvious.

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
Valhalla was the most profitable AC game and the first to break the 1B+ revenue mark, chill dude.
Yeah I apologize if I came out as overly aggressive but I wanted to make another few grand shorting ubi stocks in november, Now it seems I will have to wait till feb

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
Congratulations racist and prejudice.
Blush Stop It GIF by MOODMAN

• haha
Reactions: Bo_Hazem