Assassin's Creed Shadows delayed to February 14, 2025 | Day 1 Steam Release

Papacheeks

Old Guard
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
they aren't polishing anything. they just hoping all that shit will pass through, nothing more. sales is in a bin.

they massively disrespected Japan, massively. that's why they fled the TGS

Wasn't there technical issues with the build they were going to show at TGS? I remember the game running really rough when they showed it this summer and there was a lot of clipping and hit detection?

I know the rumor on reddit got deleted? Was there any official word?

On top of the controversy with not being accurate to some historical points the game references.

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
AC:Shadows will do way better than Avowed. But then will be competing with Monster Hunter. And if it holds Resident evil 9.
Ofc AC will do better than Avowed but whatever little sales that happen on xbox will be eaten into by the cheapskate xbots preferring to play the "free" game. The only hope for shadows is on PS, steam will crucify them for even minor problems - ubi is not very popular over there

mibu no ookami

Veteran
21 Feb 2024
Will be interesting to see how long it takes for us to get a date for GoY. My guess is that its a 2H 2025 game, but I'm also thinking Sony wants to be as clear from GTA6 as possible. If GTA6 is Q4, the latest you want to drop is Q3.

ASC is still Q1 but if Sony announces a date before it releases, I think a lot of people would just wait for GoY

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Will be interesting to see how long it takes for us to get a date for GoY. My guess is that its a 2H 2025 game, but I'm also thinking Sony wants to be as clear from GTA6 as possible. If GTA6 is Q4, the latest you want to drop is Q3.

ASC is still Q1 but if Sony announces a date before it releases, I think a lot of people would just wait for GoY
my guess : April - May. latest July.
we also have Death Stranding 2 coming, including Fairgames, Marathon and Venom.

GTA6 will wipe all the sales from other games which are close to it.

peter42O

Veteran
12 Jan 2024
Of course it would be February. UGH.

Really hoping none of this affects Shadows going on Ubisoft+ day one with the expansions.

Landiri

12 Sep 2024
How the hell they managed to fail so badly, with a singleplayer Star Wars game!

This is Avengers level bad... 🫡

Shmunter

Veteran
22 Jul 2022
How the hell they managed to fail so badly, with a singleplayer Star Wars game!

This is Avengers level bad... 🫡
It can’t simply be word-of-mouth, as pre-orders tell the tale prior to any public gameplay available. The videos simply looked lame as, the tap on the head of a helmeted stormtrooper knocking them out? So lame and cringe.

Landiri

12 Sep 2024
It can’t simply be word-of-mouth, as pre-orders tell the tale prior to any public gameplay available. The videos simply looked lame as, the tap on the head of a helmeted stormtrooper knocking them out? So lame and cringe.
I guess they had to keep it "family-friendly"...

Landiri

12 Sep 2024
I don't play AC games but I don't really get the controversy
Asian Cultures take their heritage pretty serious, especially a country like Japan!

Ac Shadows is just a shameless attempt to butcher a Japanese Setting with DEI/Woke focus to attract the "modern audience" (Which doesn't buy games anyway).

Don't be fooled. Picking out the one single Black Samurai from History was not a random or good faith attempt. It is just western BS, that people are tired of (as the bad PR and sales for games attempting this proves over and over!).

Look at a Game like Ghost of Tsushima and see how to properly and faithfully do a Feudal Japanese Setting.