ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
For reference AC is one of the most boring franchises I ever played :D
I really don't like it.
But I have a lot of friends that loves it.

My first try was the first AC (dropped it very early) and after I tried other two which I even forced to get Platinum (I was not married, had no kids, tons of time to myself)... AC2 and Revelations.
Not good experiences to be fair so I avoided all of them after that :D

Evilnemesis8

Veteran
19 Dec 2023
funny, isn't it? most shitty AC got biggest numbers. Mirage is way superior game and older one even more so.

Viking setting still being very popular in 2020 and COVID was a potent combination. Plus game franchises often get some sales boosted if the previous entry(Odyssey) was rather well received. Odyssey was well received by casuals.

Reminds me how Black Flag opened weaker than AC3, but that's because AC3 came after Ezio and Black Flag came after AC3.

Anyhow, I was once very bullish on AC:Shadows but now I'm not too sure.
I think that missing November is a huge deal though, customers might think twice about buying the game if it's not in the usual fall slot. Spending habits are like that, they've got their claw deep in you.

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Well... it is Ubisoft... sometime I had a discussion about how sales revenue increased after they left Steam day one releases...
And the guys where like "What Ubisfot games doesn't release on Steam?"
They change strategy every few years.

2018 - Day one releases on Steam.
2020 - No more releases releases on Steam.
2022 - Some games will start to release late on Steam.
2025 - Day one releases on Steam.

Edit - Ops... they will start day one release on Steam in 2025.

I see.
Strange, I dont know the years but I thought Origins and Valhala were day 1 PC
Or we talking Steam specifically?

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
I see.
They did not launch on steam, its day 1 on their ubisoft connect launcher and epic store 🤭 . Ubisoft games anyways dont do well on PC, the consoles kept them in business till now but with outlaws even console sales tanked.

The game is rated 3.85 on PSN, I have never seen a heavily marketed AAA game score so low on playstation before on top of it being a star wars game

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
I see.
Yeap... Steam... it was released in uPlay Store day one (and some games on Epic Store too).

Valhala released on Steam in December 6, 2020... near a month after the release on PC on November 10, 2020.
It was the first game game after 3 years to release on Steam (yeap they didn't release any game on Steam from 2018-2020).

Origins release on Steam day one with all others platforms in 2017 that is basically the last one to be day one on Steam until the Shadows in 2025 (near a decade without releasing on Steam with the same day as others platforms).

Edit - I think Mirage never released on Steam.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kokoloko

ToTTenTranz

Veteran
Icon Extra
4 Aug 2023
They fucked up, but not because of the so called "cOnTrOvErSy", but because they'll be releasing within 3 months of GoY.
LOL they just admitted there's a problem with their agenda and they're launching an internal investigation about it.

Ubisoft could literally release a statement saying "we fucked up because of the controversy around the woke agenda" and some people would still claim there's no controversy.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Some good news from the PR.

No more early access season pass model.

Reactions: Bo_Hazem

Say1nMan

Veteran
28 Jul 2023
Poor timing all around for Ubi Soft delaying this game and canceling their TGS event when we just got the Ghost of Yotei reveal. Bad optics.

Ezekiel

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
LOL they just admitted there's a problem with their agenda and they're launching an internal investigation about it.

Ubisoft could literally release a statement saying "we fucked up because of the controversy around the woke agenda" and some people would still claim there's no controversy.
Where did you get the "internal investigation" info?

All Might

10 Jul 2024
Ubisoft's own financial statement.

If we read between the lines it's incredibly transparent that this delay is caused by their BS appeasement of that crowd.

In the light of recent challenges, we acknowledge the need for greater efficiency while delighting players. As a result, beyond the first important short-term actions undertaken, the Executive Committee, under the supervision of the Board of Directors, is launching a review aimed at further improving our execution, notably in this player-centric approach, and accelerating our strategic path towards a higher performing model to the benefit of our stakeholders and shareholders.

Finally, let me address some of the polarized comments around Ubisoft lately. I want to reaffirm that we are an entertainment-first company, creating games for the broadest possible audience, and our goal is not to push any specific agenda. We remain committed to creating games for fans and players that everyone can enjoy.

Speaking with current and former Ubisoft employees, I am told that the move was inevitable and “the writing was on the wall,” as many Ubisoft studios have been struggling due to poor management. While I have reported on some of these issues in the past, Insider Gaming will have a more in-depth report in the coming days or weeks.

• noneofmybizz
Reactions: Bo_Hazem

Shmunter

Veteran
22 Jul 2022
For reference AC is one of the most boring franchises I ever played :D
I really don't like it.
But I have a lot of friends that loves it.

My first try was the first AC (dropped it very early) and after I tried other two which I even forced to get Platinum (I was not married, had no kids, tons of time to myself)... AC2 and Revelations.
Not good experiences to be fair so I avoided all of them after that :D
AC Origins was sublime. I encourage everyone to give it a go. Starring our own @Bo_Hazem