Astro Bot Releases September 2024 | State of Play

Danja1187

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
if it’s on the level of any new Mario game, no reason for it not to be full price.
realistically I don’t think it will be 70
The game has no business being $70. It's literally gonna cut it off it's legs right at the start. It's the first major Astro game as well...

Ratchet on PS4 became the best selling in the franchise thanks partly to it being priced at $40, it made the game accessible to all, and many didn't blink twice to consider the price.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Neversummer

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
The game has no business being $70. It's literally gonna cut it off it's legs right at the start. It's the first major Astro game as well...

Ratchet on PS4 became the best selling in the franchise thanks partly to it being priced at $40, it made the game accessible to all, and many didn't blink twice to consider the price.
It would do very well at $50 but knowing Sony it'll be $70 (i'm still buying it cause it looks great)

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
I hope Sony doesn't price Astro Bot for $70
$40 to $50 max seems reasonable.

Honestly is there any other game that will get goty? It seems like Helldivers 2, Astro Bot & Final Fantasy 7 rebirth are stamp for this year.

I wouldn’t mind seeing Team Asobi & Astro Bot get GOTY show PS to release more platform & $40-$50 games not everything has to be AAA $70 40 hours games.

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
The amount of positive headlines and reactions this game is getting.
Sadly this doesn't translate to sales most of the times, I truly wish it sells like a 3D mario game but considering the tastes of PS gamers this one has a truly uphill battle

• brain
Reactions: The Icon

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Announcement just 3-4 months before release is just perfect. It should be this way for all games.
Why? That's how you end up with multiple years without anything being announced and disappointing sales. The next step from that is to shadow drop games to save on market and send them to death.

Being announced early didn't stop BG3, Elden Ring, ToTK, TLoU Pt2, etc from being great and selling extremely well.

Petekilla

Veteran
16 Jun 2023
Astro looks like it’s going to be good. It’s just a shame that it’s not going to have high sales from PS fans. The game’s trailer on PS’s official YouTube channel doesn’t even have 500k views after almost a day.

• brain
Reactions: The Icon

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
I can see where his coming from.

Building the astro bot world with it's own characters would help it have it's own identity.

It doesn’t really need its own identity

Its identity is the non-mario AAA 3d platformer that serves as sonys Smash Bros/Kingdom Hearts

He’s still fighting mostly original enemies and bosses also

Danja1187

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
I can see where his coming from.

Building the astro bot world with it's own characters would help it have it's own identity.
Astro has always been a PlayStation robot from 2013. His universe exists within the PlayStation ecosystem. I think it's a brilliant way to tap into anything PlayStation related without it being out of place, while also giving them the ability to create new potential iconic characters within the universe too.

Danja1187

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
In what world is a AAA 3D platformer not worth $70? You guys are then going to turn around and complain about third person narrative games.
Just say you wanna be mad about something because the thread is actually too positive for once. 🫡