Astro Bot | Review Thread

What scores do you think Astro Bot will get?

• 60-65%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 66-69%

• 70-74%

• 75-79%

• 80-84%

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • 85-89%

Votes: 6 17.6%
  • 90-94%

Votes: 22 64.7%
  • 95-100%

Votes: 4 11.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Microsoft has been a platform holder for almost 30 years... They don't have a single organic hit IP... Not one...

The standards are so different for Sony, where people want Sony to come out with a new IP every year and multiple new sequels to hit franchises.

Since Phil Spencer took over in 2014, Sony has come out with the following:

Astro Bot
Marvel's Spider-Man* (took this IP to a new level)
Ghost of Tsushima
God of War 2018
Horizon
GT7
TLOUP2

2nd Party/3rd Party
Bloodborne
Helldivers
Death Stranding

Lower Tier
Until Dawn
Day's Gone
Returnal
Ratchet Rift Apart

Still probably at or above Xbox level
The Order 1886
The Last Guardian
Dreams

Microsoft isn't all of a sudden going to start making IP
i would put returnal up there with the best, game was almost immaculate

mibu no ookami

Veteran
21 Feb 2024
i would put returnal up there with the best, game was almost immaculate

It didn't sell all that well, so I'm just trying to tier it based on factors of critical acclaim and commercial success.

Microsoft has some games that have gotten some critical acclaim, though no GOTY winners, but their games largely lack commercial success.

You would think buying Bethesda would change that, but Bethesda was on the way down, as was most of Zenimax.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
It didn't sell all that well, so I'm just trying to tier it based on factors of critical acclaim and commercial success.

Microsoft has some games that have gotten some critical acclaim, though no GOTY winners, but their games largely lack commercial success.

You would think buying Bethesda would change that, but Bethesda was on the way down, as was most of Zenimax.
i'm just gonna say it... bethesda has always been overrated since skyrim

Reactions: TrishaCat

Entropi

Veteran
Icon Extra
22 Jan 2023
Man, that little piggy running animation had me laughing like a crazy person. I love joyful games.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Only 4 people here believed the game would get a 95 score and I was one of them 😁
I voted 90-94 and I thought I was being a bit too optimistic, because of most of the press didn't review Concord and those who did it I think were maybe too tough with it, and many of them are Nintendo fanboys.

But well, seems that it's getting the reviews I expected that the game was going to deserve. What surprises me is that this time there isn't the typical clickbaity moron giving it a 6/10 or something like that.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022

Whoever did this forgot TLOU2 Remastered (understandable being a remaster), FFXIV Endwalker (understandable being an expansion) and FFVII Rebirth.

Rift Apart, GoWR, HFW, TLOUP1, FFXVI, GT7, Returnal were pretty close, I think that they could have made it with a few moronic clickbaity 6/10 review less.

Reactions: Gods&Monsters

On Demand

Veteran
Icon Extra
30 Jul 2022
Microsoft has been a platform holder for almost 30 years... They don't have a single organic hit IP... Not one...

The standards are so different for Sony, where people want Sony to come out with a new IP every year and multiple new sequels to hit franchises.

Since Phil Spencer took over in 2014, Sony has come out with the following:

Astro Bot
Marvel's Spider-Man* (took this IP to a new level)
Ghost of Tsushima
God of War 2018
Horizon
GT7
TLOUP2

2nd Party/3rd Party
Bloodborne
Helldivers
Death Stranding

Lower Tier
Until Dawn
Day's Gone
Returnal
Ratchet Rift Apart

Still probably at or above Xbox level
The Order 1886
The Last Guardian
Dreams

Microsoft isn't all of a sudden going to start making IP

Yep. Sony has been building iconic global IP with popular known characters for decades. Case in point-

New trailer

Systemshock2023

Veteran
8 May 2023
You are a PC mustard race. Of course you believe that.

What has Sony blatantly copied that was so obvious?

Being inspired and then going to do your own thing is completely different than just straight up imitating something. Which is what the person in that article wants MS to do. She’s even PC port begging at the end of the article.

Well, from the top of my head... There's many more

N64 - dual Analog
Rumble pak - dual shock
Smash bros - ps all stars
Mario kart - CTR
Xbox live - PSN
Wii mote - ps move
MS Sidewinder - sixasis
Achievements - trophies

They are good at many things And certainly better than Xbox at releasing console games . Innovators though?

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
I was the one who believed Our little bot would deliver us to victory, We need a whole game based on Bot of War

Catch Here You Go GIF by PlayStation

On Demand

Veteran
Icon Extra
30 Jul 2022

N64 - dual Analog
Rumble pak - dual shock
Mario kart - CTR
Xbox live - PSN
Wii mote - ps move
MS Sidewinder - sixasis
Achievements - trophies

They are good at many things And certainly better than Xbox at releasing console games . Innovators though?

That’s such a try hard list. That’s not copying at all. As I said being inspired is different from just copying 1:1. And some ideas are naturally going to happen without wanting to do what somebody else is doing. They just happen to clash with each other.

PSN and XBL? Are you kidding me? MS did not invent online services nor online gameplay. The PS2 had a network adapter and you could play online with people. Games like Resident Evil Outbreak for PS2.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: rofif and Muddasar

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022

N64 - dual Analog
Rumble pak - dual shock
Mario kart - CTR
Xbox live - PSN
Wii mote - ps move
MS Sidewinder - sixasis
Achievements - trophies

N64 controller wasn’t the first Analog controller.

Xbox live wasn’t the first online console.

Smash Bros wasn’t the first beat em up.

Mario kart wasn’t the first Karting game.

Wiimote wasn’t the first motion controller.

Men_in_Boxes

18 Aug 2024
Is anybody interested in forming a Magnificent 7 with me? A coalition of gamers that revolts against the insanity that is Astrobot? I know there are more of us out there. I know you're lurking, watching the madness as I am.

• angry