Astro Bot | Review Thread

What scores do you think Astro Bot will get?

• 60-65%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 66-69%

• 70-74%

• 75-79%

• 80-84%

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • 85-89%

Votes: 6 17.6%
  • 90-94%

Votes: 22 64.7%
  • 95-100%

Votes: 4 11.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022

Montresor

Can't help but feel this way. I know it's slightly childish but I'm a little jealous that the competitors yet again get a 90+ scored game with their first-party. Nintendo + Sony seem to have one per year at least. I sincerely hope Xbox's first-party can eventually achieve that cadence. Not every game needs to be 90+. Games like Hellblade II or Indiana Jones won't be. But maybe with MS Flight Simulator 2024 that can be a start of the "once per year" cadence that I'm looking for. Asobo has a very strong pedigree and they easily achieved high scores with their first Flight Simulator.

Evilnemesis8

Veteran
19 Dec 2023
Yeah, Concord was goty, all the grifting killed it.

Get your head out of the clouds and back down to earth and stick to Astrobot instead of rage bait posts.

How did you interpret my post in that way?
I was only replying to a post and agreed that grifters are not going to mention Astrobot a single time because gaming success, unless it's full on culture war, doesn't interest them. That's not really a controversial take.

I don't think I've praised Concord a single time here, because I haven't played it, so I don't know where this is coming from tbh.

Entropi

Veteran
Icon Extra
22 Jan 2023

Montresor

Can't help but feel this way. I know it's slightly childish but I'm a little jealous that the competitors yet again get a 90+ scored game with their first-party. Nintendo + Sony seem to have one per year at least. I sincerely hope Xbox's first-party can eventually achieve that cadence. Not every game needs to be 90+. Games like Hellblade II or Indiana Jones won't be. But maybe with MS Flight Simulator 2024 that can be a start of the "once per year" cadence that I'm looking for. Asobo has a very strong pedigree and they easily achieved high scores with their first Flight Simulator.

I’ve never grasped the concept of wanting to play a game but having my head so screwed up by ideological or tribal bullshit that I convince myself not to. Must be horrible.

Last edited:

Ico

Icon Extra
8 May 2024
GotY(all awards but the Player's Choice for that matter) for TGAs is 90% critics 10% public, of course score matters.

you're 100% right, FF7 and Astro will have a big fight at the end of the year! I'm curious to see if Wukong will even be nominated, FF16 last year scored even higher than Wukong and was fogotten at the end, but the player hype might influence the outcome

Reactions: Entropi and Sircaw

arvfab

Oldest Guard
23 Jun 2022
I hope this convinces Sony to make more Platformers.

Astrobot
Ratchet and Clank
Jak n Daxter
Sly Cooper

One of those every 1 year - 18 months? Gives smaller teams plenty of time to make them

Don't forget Ape Escape!

• Shake
Reactions: Kokoloko

Petekilla

Veteran
16 Jun 2023

Montresor

Someone needs to tell him that Sony and Nintendo aren’t really competitors with Xbox anymore. Lol

Say1nMan

Veteran
28 Jul 2023
A new classic is born! Finally some nice anal cleansing for Hermen Hulst 😒

I know I voted 95-100 on the poll but it wasn't serious. 94 is beyond my wildest dreams. Team Asobi knocked it out of the park!

The feel-good story of the year after this terrible week. Sony really need to use Astrobot everywhere like it's their Mario 😁
Team Asobi is soaring. Shoot, I wouldn’t mind to see what they could do with the kart genre. Team Asobi just got that magic.