Astrobot hype-train!

KvallyX

Veteran
Icon Extra
13 Nov 2023
Your Mom
TAKE THAT BACK RIGHT NOW YOU XBOX SCUM LORD.

chloe moretz smile GIF
Season 4 Gungan Attack GIF by Star Wars

• party
Reactions: Sircaw

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
• Team Of 65 Developers Developed Astro Bot
It was created by 65 devs in 3 years, 2M sold would sound like a big success.
The "65 people" team would just the lead dev team at Team Asobi. This does not include internal and external support teams, people from marketing, PR, QA, localization, audio, publishing, legal, IT, executives etc.

As an example, Astro's Playroom had 742 people (533 professional roles, 209 thanks) in its game credits, being only 40+ of them from Team Asobi.

But yes, pretty likely don't even need 2M copies to be profitable.

Last edited:

Petekilla

Veteran
16 Jun 2023
The "65 people" team would just the lead dev team at Team Asobi. This does not include internal and external support teams, people from marketing, PR, QA, localization, audio, publishing, legal, IT, executives etc.

As an example, Astro's Playroom had 742 people (533 professional roles, 209 thanks) in its game credits, being only 40+ of them from Team Asobi.

But yes, pretty likely don't even need 2M copies to be profitable.
Also they didn’t have to pay for voice acting.

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
What are you talking about? I wasn’t talking about Astro. I was saying they had more confidence in Concord over Helldivers.
What are you talking about? I wasn’t talking about Astro. I was saying they had more confidence in Concord over Helldivers.
The funny thing is Helldivers 2 was promoted far more and shown off in more State of Plays than Concord.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: The Icon

Men_in_Boxes

18 Aug 2024
"Painfully boring?"

An abundance of rich worlds to explore, amazing boss fights, some of the best use of haptics of any game to date, a love affair with past characters and games from the Sony universe, and you call it painfully boring?

Gtfo of here.
Rich worlds to explore?

You mean worlds that make Minions 7 look like The Godfather?

Haptics?

Your controller vibrates. Big wow.

A love affair with past characters?

Like a coca cola or Ford truck commercial? Product placement garbo.

Sorry that I can't get remotely interested in a basic platformerer...a genre that we moved past in 1999.

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
Rich worlds to explore?

Haptics?

Sorry that I can't get remotely interested in a basic platformerer...a genre that we moved past in 1999.
You obviously have no idea what the fuck you are talking about.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Rich worlds to explore?

Haptics?

1999, yet, you are waiting, most, the game from 1994 😂

Men_in_Boxes

18 Aug 2024
You obviously have no idea what the fuck you are talking about.
This is literally everyone treating Astro Bot like it's some special piece of art...

Jump on the heads of slow ass enemies, jump over expanding fire rings, wait for floating platforms, watch Nathan Drake Minion character giggle. It's dreck.

On Demand

Veteran
Icon Extra
30 Jul 2022
People still calling haptic feedback just regular vibrations are fucking clueless on how the technology works.

Old Gamer

Veteran
Founder
5 Aug 2022
People still calling haptic feedback just regular vibrations are fucking clueless on how the technology works.
Everything that can be felt through touch is haptic feedback. The vibration provided by the Dualsense is finer grained than what you get with the DS4, both in terms of vibration modes and positioning, dismissing it as "regular vibrations" is just as foolish.