Astrobot hype-train!

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Also they didn’t have to pay for voice acting.
Well, even if there isn't normal voice acting with proper sentences, as you can hear here they make cute noises, so there's somewhat minor voice acting.

Yes, he already said before that the game was designed for flat tvs and that wouldn't fit well in VR because unlike Rescue Mission hasn't been designed for VR and to make a proper VR version would require many changes.

I assume they made it for PS5 and depending on its sales performance they'll decide if they make a (2D tvs) sequel, a PC port, etc.

Who knows, they may also make a separate VR game in the future. But seems that as of now aren't interested on adapting it to PSVR2 because now after the restructuring they are more strict with the profitability of their projects and sustainability of their teams.

Last edited:

On Demand

Veteran
Icon Extra
30 Jul 2022
Everything that can be felt through touch is haptic feedback. The vibration provided by the Dualsense is finer grained than what you get with the DS4, both in terms of vibration modes and positioning, dismissing it as "regular vibrations" is just as foolish.

Don’t be dense. No it is not just vibrations.

Regular vibration does not have different levels of frequency response replicating real world material textures. Rumble can not do that. It just rumbles.

Haptic feedback in the DualSense operates more like a transducer. A speaker cone.

Or better yet….A subwoofer.

• Informative
Reactions: Kokoloko
OP
OP
Bryank75

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
The "65 people" team would just the lead dev team at Team Asobi. This does not include internal and external support teams, people from marketing, PR, QA, localization, audio, publishing, legal, IT, executives etc.

As an example, Astro's Playroom had 742 people (533 professional roles, 209 thanks) in its game credits, being only 40+ of them from Team Asobi.

But yes, pretty likely don't even need 2M copies to be profitable.
So you're saying it's actually 69... 🤔

• thisistheway
Reactions: Kokoloko

Dick Jones

Corporate Dick
Icon Extra
5 Jul 2022
So you're saying it's actually 69... 🤔
Approve South Park GIF

BroodCorp

Veteran
Icon Extra
28 May 2023
My daughter has watched a full playthrough of Astro’s Playroom on YouTube 10 times now. She’d watch it every day if I let her.

No other game has had this sort of impact on her, and this is after introducing her to Mario, Kirby, etc.

I’m really happy Astro Bot is releasing. PlayStation could have lifelong fans in Astro if they keep making the games.

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
My daughter has watched a full playthrough of Astro’s Playroom on YouTube 10 times now. She’d watch it every day if I let her.

No other game has had this sort of impact on her, and this is after introducing her to Mario, Kirby, etc.

I’m really happy Astro Bot is releasing. PlayStation could have lifelong fans in Astro if they keep making the games.
I see your diabolical plan.

"It's a present for our daughter, my love!"

"Why are you constantly playing it then and not her?"

"I am teaching her the ropes; it's what good dads do."

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
We polish got it so cheap! The cheapest physical Astro I could find is only 77$ ! (that's with code for free shipping lol).
Sad Morgan Freeman GIF by Laff

Didn't give a fuck, still pre-ordered
Vibing Good Vibes GIF by G-Star RAW
We will be counting on your skank arse to provide some sexy screenshots. ❤️

Reactions: PropellerEar

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
We will be counting on your skank arse to provide some sexy screenshots. ❤️
I am lo-fi nowadays. Got into floppy disk cameras and I take real pictures now!
honestly, it's so freaking cool :p
640x480 is cool as fuck
SLWs8Q9.jpeg

ds357R1.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: Sircaw

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
None of you have my permission to be excited about this game. I don't know when a physical copy gets here so it might be even a month.

So I demand the mods to start enforcing the "no hype" rule until I get my game.

That is all.

• party
  • haha
Reactions: Yurinka and Sircaw

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
None of you have my permission to be excited about this game. I don't know when a physical copy gets here so it might be even a month.

So I demand the mods to start enforcing the "no hype" rule until I get my game.

That is all.
Sing it with me @Johnic ❤️

Reactions: Entropi