Black Girl Gamers] Forspoken wouldn't have received this same level of criticism had Frey not been Black.

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
I think it was just nitpicking. So many games have cringe written all over them and never get any hate or close to the amount the game got.
It didnt need that much backlash whoever the character was.

Being half white doesnt stop anything lol

Deathloop has two black main character's but nobody cares, Forspoken got hate because of the cringe not because Frey was black.

you can tune down the Cuff. it is really isn't a problem.
Freya was great, writing and liveliness she got, it was like real person with lows and highs. she is probably best written character as human being in gaming history.
but of course, 2 cringe sentences in 100s of lines and she is pile on, because, you know, obvious agenda.

The game would of been better if she was mostly silent and stoic, the first trailer when it was called Project Athia gave off those vibes. The Mother fking dragon trailer and the graphical downgrade killed the hype for a lot of people.

It became very easy to hate on the game, the later trailers didn't help at all

Last edited:
Reactions: Gamernyc78

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Deathloop has two black main character's but nobody cares, Forspoken got hate because of the cringe not because Frey was black.

The game would of been better if she was mostly silent and stoic, the first trailer when it was called Project Athia gave off those vibes. The Mother fking dragon trailer and the graphical downgrade killed the hype for a lot of people.

i platinumed the game. i speak for myself. i know what i am saying.

have to agree, the few of those trailers, really weren't good. like, what they were thinking?
overall, it was overdone with marketing campaign.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022

This is the world we live in now where everything gets blamed on race now. Deathloop is a great example so I'm glad you mentioned it. Days Gone is polar opposite also of a white protagonist game that got dogged on not just for glitches but because ppl didn't resonate wuth the Biker, cringe, hillbilly shit, not because he was white. We have Lance that just passed away and everyone revered him and there were tons of articles about his death and gamers love for him and he is black. I dont get this spin.

Last edited:
Reactions: Box

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022

Im not saying all the hate was that, but I saw plenty tweets about her.