Black Girl Gamers] Forspoken wouldn't have received this same level of criticism had Frey not been Black.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
The people who are being racist to forspoken don't care if you can tell the difference. They don't care if there's a difference.
Like thy were racist to days gone we had a similar convo before, thts Def not why it got slammed imo but to each it's own.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: KiryuRealty

On Demand

Veteran
30 Jul 2022
Not at all. I know how thy look I'm in the hood all day lol

But I feel u 😁

Nah. Your post screams “this is the way black girls only look.”

As if they can’t look exotic and have small features without being mixed with another race.

“I’m in the hood all day”

You believe that gives you the full spectrum of black people? Black girls? As if black people only live the hood? That’s ignorance. You don’t even know how limited of a viewpoint you have. Especially as someone who’s not even black themselves. You sound like a white supremacists.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Nah. Your post screams “this is the way black girls only look.”

As if they can’t look exotic and have small features without being mixed with another race.

“I’m in the hood all day”

You believe that gives you the full spectrum of black people? Black girls? As if black people only live the hood? That’s ignorance. You don’t even know how limited of a viewpoint you have. Especially as someone who’s not even black themselves. You sound like a white supremacists.
Im not doing a back and forth bro. You can't tell me what I see and I knew she was mixed. She looks like one of them Dominican bittys from the heights 🤣🤣, Punto y final. Nah I'm mixed I'm Puertorican so foh with tht white supremacist bs. But what happened? From my Pic I don't look black?🤔 All shades and color right? Oh the irony in it all.

You can deduce wrongly whatever you want from my comments doctor Suess.

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
Not at all. I know how thy look I'm in the hood all day lol

But I feel u 😁
i was born in Zambia dude, i am white but i am blacker than you, :love:

Embarrassed Shame GIF

2 hours till diablo, come on Time

• haha
Reactions: Gamernyc78

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Like thy were racist to days gone we had a similar convo before, thts Def not why it got slammed imo but to each it's own.
It's not the external reason. But it gets judged harsher because of it. I'm not saying it's the only reason, of course the media having an anti-sony exclusive bias plays a part. But you look at the way the white dude speaks in hifi rush and the way that Frey speaks and if you changed them out it would be almost exactly the same style of quirky one liners that you see infesting the movie and game characters written these days. So you tell me that the reason one got judged harsher isn't cause she is a black woman. Maybe people don't realize that's what it is but there's plenty of studies showing people have strong unconscious biases against black people.

Last edited:

On Demand

Veteran
30 Jul 2022
Im not doing a back and forth bro. You can't tell me what I see and I knew she was mixed. She looks like one of them Dominican bittys from the heights 🤣🤣, Punto y final. Nah I'm mixed I'm Puertorican so foh with tht white supremacist bs. But what happened? From my Pic I don't look black?🤔 All shades and color right? Oh the irony in it all.

You can deduce wrongly whatever you want from my comments doctor Suess.

You are stereotyping. Point blank period. I don’t care about “your hood.” The so called hood is not the world. Dominican girls is your bases for your perception? Ok.

The fact you double down on black girls can’t look like Ella Balinska unless they’re mixed with something is pure ignorance and stupidity.

You need to step outside your “hood.”

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
You are stereotyping. Point blank period. I don’t care about “your hood.” The so called hood is not the world. Dominican girls is your bases for your perception? Ok.

The fact you double down on black girls can’t look like Ella Balinska unless they’re mixed with something is pure ignorance and stupidity.

You need to step outside your “hood.”
You sure told me! Next!!

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Let me put this here and ppl weren't liking what they saw since the demo. Most had nothing to do with the actress herself but cheesy ass dialougue and other gaming related things!!!

The dialogue wasn't any more cheesy than a lot of other games, why do you think it was this one that got heat for it?

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
The dialogue wasn't any more cheesy than a lot of other games, why do you think it was this one that got heat for it?
Are u crazy? Days Gone had a white protagonist and got heat for it's writing and dialogue. And on my end I've played games where the cheesy dialougue was too much. Your trying to hold on to this race narrative which imo is bs. I've scoured alot of reviews which made it clear it wasnt the actress they didn't like but the script, cheesy talk, cursing etc but I'll let you believe what you want.

• they're_right_you_know

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Are u crazy? Days Gone had a white protagonist and got heat for it's writing and dialogue. And on my end I've played games where the cheesy dialougue was too much. Your trying to hold on to this race narrative which imo is bs. I've scoured alot of reviews which made it clear it wasnt the actress they didn't like but the script, cheesy talk, cursing etc but I'll let you believe what you want.
Days gone got a 71, forspoken got a 64. Days gone had more technical issues in the review window. Also no one is going to list "black girl" as a reason why they don't like the game, that'll get them instantly cancelled.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Days gone got a 71, forspoken got a 64. Days gone had more technical issues in the review window. Also no one is going to list "black girl" as a reason why they don't like the game, that'll get them instantly cancelled.
And in my book Days Gone is a 90 plus game :) I got the plat too! The Forspoken demo was OK but didn't make me buy the game (oh wait maybe I didnt buy it because she was black smh). BTW I got Days Gone when it was bargain bin and I'll do the same with Forspoken.

• they're_right_you_know

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
And in my book Days Gone is a 90 plus game :) I got the plat too! The Forspoken demo was OK but didn't make me buy the game (oh wait maybe I didnt buy it because she was black smh). BTW I got Days Gone when it was bargain bin and I'll do the same with Forspoken.
The forspoken demo is worse than the actual game. You can go watch a lets play on youtube. The game does not deserve a 64. Unless you think reviewers only played the demo??

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
The forspoken demo is worse than the actual game. You can go watch a lets play on youtube. The game does not deserve a 64. Unless you think reviewers only played the demo??
Oh I don't think it deserved a 64, based on ppl I know tht played it it seemed like a better game than that score. I just don't think the scores were lowered due to racism. Thts just my take on it. Just like Days Gone which in no way is a 71 imo but I know thy dogged it for tech issues and also some common biker tropes and things. Anyway we been going around in circles so llima move on from this.

• Shake
Reactions: anonpuffs

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Oh I don't think it deserved a 64, based on ppl I know tht played it it seemed like a better game than that score. I just don't think the scores were lowered due to racism. Thts just my take on it. Just like Days Gone which in no way is a 71 imo but I know thy dogged it for tech issues and also some common biker tropes and things. Anyway we been going around in circles so llima move on from this.
I would rate Forspoken real 7/7.5.
Good game, but nothing more.
For me, personally, Freya was like real person, i think, it is one of those characters which felt like real person and was written perfectly.

2 short talks were taken from the game and ran through mud, parrotted by xbots shills and media.
Game was literally casual of console wars.
Very pity.

Shmunter

Veteran
22 Jul 2022
I have seen some list Black girl in court as problematic

Shmunter

Veteran
22 Jul 2022
Man, I gotta resume play that Days Gone - but from the beginning cause I can't remember how to play it with the hiatus.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
The problem isn't having a black female lead as protagonist.

As also happens in movies or tv shows, the problem is when pubilshers/devs focus on color skin/gender/sexual preferences too much to the point instead of focusing on game quality, incuding to design appealing characters to their audience. Even more if the game features propaganda of certain related ideology/political views/religion not shared by a majority of that audience.

Often happens that when they have a woke focus these characters are always super good, strong, smart, etc. They don't have flaws so become an untenteresting and flat character. And since they are against female beauty too and also want to promote the trans stuff, they also make their female characters ugly and androgineous, so even less appealing for everybody.

So often ends their users not liking the quality of the product, or don't find these characters appealing. And ends tanking in both reviews and sales, even between those who they try to target and the idology/political view/religion they want to promote.

It's also a bit embarassing when seeing that when these products fail, then they complain about racism, sexism, homophobia etc. acting as if the product wasn't a turd, failed and got criticism for that instead. And yes, if they would have spent the efforts and resources spent on adding the woke propaganda they woulld have spent them on making more appealing characters for the big majority audience (which isn't black or lgbt btw). They are blind inside their echo chamber.

Games that include the 'diversity' in a more reasonable way, without forcing it, in contexts where make more sense, or having alternatives and more importantly, in games where they focus on making a quality game with quality characters instead of putting there propaganda, that criticism doesn't exist.

TLDR: Go woke, go broke

PS: I didn't play the game but I lilke the main character and think that the actress does a great job in the cinematics I saw.

lmao, are we not ready yet, do we just need to be educated more, etc?
Tons of people love Street Fighter 6 and their black female Kimberly. Or Resident Evil 5 and Sheva. Or make female or black characters in games with character editors. Etc.

Same people that at the same time, they think Forspoken is a bad or at least weak game. Or don't like its main character.

Obviously has nothing to do with racism or with educating people.

Last edited: