Black Myth: Wukong had 4.5 million pre-orders/sales at launch

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
Few questions since I’ve not watched anything:
How is ps5 version after all?
Is it too stupidly hard and just following Elden ring dlc difficulty or is it enjoyable?
Is it a boss rush?

arvfab

Oldest Guard
23 Jun 2022
enough this bullshiting people.

go and play the damn game!!! it is an order!

Get Out Of Here GIF by Mashed
I will.... Once they release the disc version

8 Aug 2024
I am a native Chinese speaker, I would say this number is fake, our domestic finacial media basically knows nothing of games, the source of the data came from a random post on "tieba", yeah, that "best-selling list of national games" , those stupid media just take it for any reason to put stock price higher or stupid national pride propanganda

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
I am a native Chinese speaker, I would say this number is fake, our domestic finacial media basically knows nothing of games, the source of the data came from a random post on "tieba", yeah, that "best-selling list of national games" , those stupid media just take it for any reason to put stock price higher or stupid national pride propanganda
I don't think the number is that far off

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
Well it based in the story of Son Goku / Sun Wukong.
I don't know why they choose Wukong instead Goku for the west release.

Maybe to not confuse with Dragon Ball (that is based in the same story)?

maxresdefault.jpg
Its a Chinese game and Wukong is the Chinese pronunciation. Goku is a Japan thing.

People overplay Dragonball being Journey to the West anyway, it pretty much ceased all references to it by the time the made their first wish.

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
I don’t think the number is far off judging by how concurrent popped. It might be 3-5x that.

This is new territory. We don’t really know how Chinese consumers/gamers behave.

Will this now expose these gamers to a catalog of games now available on steam?

What is china’s game marketplace even like? Are they even buying it on steam or do they have to use some workaround to even use that storefront? Don’t they also regulate gaming time for kids?? Lots I would need to brush up on lol

8 Aug 2024
I don’t think the number is far off judging by how concurrent popped. It might be 3-5x that.

This is new territory. We don’t really know how Chinese consumers/gamers behave.

Will this now expose these gamers to a catalog of games now available on steam?

What is china’s game marketplace even like? Are they even buying it on steam or do they have to use some workaround to even use that storefront? Don’t they also regulate gaming time for kids?? Lots I would need to brush up on lol
Majority is PC and mobile, with 10% consoles ( almost PS and NS, hard to see Xbox )
Also, I personally do not think Wukong sales is 3-5x concurrent,
It's not like CP2077, Elden Ring, concurrent is hard to reach maxium players count, but for Wukong, it is the case.
But who knows, maybe the sales is really that good.

Steam/PS Store/MS Store/Nintendo Store do not require internet workaround to access,
But Steam community is blocked, for sure Big Brothers do not like it.
Regulate time for kids is real, require perosonal ID to verify, but for Apple/Android China reigion only, they have no power on PC and consoles

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Majority is PC and mobile, with 10% consoles ( almost PS and NS, hard to see Xbox )
Also, I personally do not think Wukong sales is 3-5x concurrent,
It's not like CP2077, Elden Ring, concurrent is hard to reach maxium players count, but for Wukong, it is the case.
But who knows, maybe the sales is really that good.

Steam/PS Store/MS Store/Nintendo Store do not require internet workaround to access,
But Steam community is blocked, for sure Big Brothers do not like it.
Regulate time for kids is real, require perosonal ID to verify, but for Apple/Android China reigion only, they have no power on PC and consoles

Well… steam is weird. It’s also a single-player game which makes that even more nebulous.

We can’t assume 100% of the players are that concurrent number. For a launch day it may be pretty close to it tho.

I already see this game selling 15 million real quick. Front loaded in Asian markets probably but I expect some kind of grassroots hype to do something for western nations. It sorta stared with Squid game right? Western markets may love to consume this stuff too.

I don’t even think the combat looks particularly good. I just don’t trust reviews yet. I’m waiting for a skillup review at the moment

CrackmanNL

4 Apr 2024
There is a Chinese controlled version of Steam (launched in 2021), like every other foreign company you have to abide by CCP rules.
Regarding consoles, they were banned for over 15 years. So there was literally no (official) established marketplace outside of the black market (Hongkong and Taiwan) it's only with PS5 that there is actually being put somewhat an effort to establish a foothold. As well as the change in economy over the decades that more people are in middle-class and can afford luxury/leisure spends (people overlook this for gaming markets).

• Informative
Reactions: Kokoloko
8 Aug 2024
Well… steam is weird. It’s also a single-player game which makes that even more nebulous.

We can’t assume 100% of the players are that concurrent number. For a launch day it may be pretty close to it tho.

I already see this game selling 15 million real quick. Front loaded in Asian markets probably but I expect some kind of grassroots hype to do something for western nations. It sorta stared with Squid game right? Western markets may love to consume this stuff too.

I don’t even think the combat looks particularly good. I just don’t trust reviews yet. I’m waiting for a skillup review at the moment
I think it's a solid game, fairly I would say MC85, everything is good, but not MC90 level good, worth trying

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
Man wukong hit new peaks 24 hrs later, more and more people will buy into the fomo just like elden ring. Good for them, they made a competent arpg which looks sublime and plays well.

64bitmodels

29 Sep 2022
I use my PC for excel and Photoshop.
You said PC owners, not PC gamers. By that logic you still deserve to "get dicked" on.

That's what it's for. It's a workstation, not a PlayStation.
If it weren't for gaming the personal computer/laptop wouldn't exist outside of businesses. Video games are very important to the growth of personal computers as a household appliance.

Many genres started on the platform, and it's the place for game development. It's a multi purpose machine, hence why it's called a personal computer and not a personal word processing machine.