Black Myth: Wukong Preview |OT| Release Date Trailer | Confront Destiny on August 20, 2024. |UP| Supposedly runs at 1440p/60 fps on PS5.

Airbus

Veteran
Icon Extra
30 Jun 2022
xi you ji sun hou zi GIF

Say1nMan

Veteran
28 Jul 2023
Looking forward to seeing this game's take on Journey to the West. Been loving the design of the enemies and other characters that we've seen glimpses of.

2spooky5me

Veteran
12 May 2024
Folks really saying this game is trash on TrueTrophies/PSNProfiles.
INSANE.

Edit: I keep forgetting these websites (like PushSquare) were made AFTER the Xbox and/or Nintendo sister sites. It makes sense now, when those guys are so disgruntled/bored, they take their frustration out on the sister Playstation websites.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Entropi

AllBizness

Veteran
22 Jul 2023
INSANE.
Likely xbots or anti woke people
Like King Thrash says, their is an east vs west going on in gaming right now and any game developed by Asians will get instant hate unless it's also on Xbox. Being Steam/PC only is acceptable if there is no PS5 version.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: 2spooky5me

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Like King Thrash says, their is an east vs west going on in gaming right now and any game developed by Asians will get instant hate unless it's also on Xbox. Being Steam/PC only is acceptable if there is no PS5 version.
Imagine getting hate from a platform that is abandoned by the own owner lol

Evilnemesis8

Veteran
19 Dec 2023

Permanently online Xbox warriors being on that American Exceptionalism would not surprise me one bit.
Although the reverse is also true, Chinese netizens are also saying this game is pretty much the second coming of Christ because it's like the highest profile premium title to come out of China that I can ever recall.
Lot of national pride on the line.

US vs China, let's goooo, geopolitics.

INSANE.

There's probably a strong venn diagram of users using these kind of website and being souls fans that feel "lied to" when they realized it was a more standard action game than they first thought from the first reveals.

-----

Anyhow, I've done this on Installbase, but I figured might as well post this here in this thread.

I've been following the game's weekly position on Steam ever since the game opened its pre-order back in early June, both in its local China and Globally:

China

Week of June 4th to June 11th - #1
Week of June 11th to June 18th - #1
Week of June 18th to June 25th - #3
Week of June 25th to July 2nd - #3
Week of July 2nd to July 9th - #5
Week of July 9th to July 16th - #6
Week of July 16th to July 23rd - #4
Week of July 23rd to July 30th - #4

Week of July 30th to August 6th - #3

Global(which obviously includes China)

Week of June 4th to June 11th - #1
Week of June 11th to June 18th - #3
Week of June 18th to June 25th - #5
Week of June 25th to July 2nd - #13
Week of July 2nd to July 9th - #21
Week of July 9th to July 16th - #16
Week of July 16th to July 23rd - #19
Week of July 23rd to July 30th - #18

Week of July 30th to August 6th - #7

Evident is how strongly its doing in China, that's 9 weeks within the Top 6. Currently it is #1 in China and should probably stay #1 for the next 2 weeks as we get closer to the release date. That'll be 10 weeks at #1(in pre-orders only).
This is China's Elden Ring "hype" moment as far as pre-orders numbers go.

As for the Global numbers, we can see a pretty big uptick from the week of July 30th to August 6th, which is normal.
Games generally get much more acceleration in pre-orders beginning in the last 3-4~ weeks.
The game will easily be within the Top 5 starting from this week.

-----

When it comes to PSN, the game is doing rather well in pre-orders right now.

Canada - Digital Deluxe #4 / Normal Edition #7
US - Digital Deluxe #5 / Normal Edition #14(Much lower in the US because they love MK/Sports games too much)
UK - Digital Deluxe #6 / Normal Edition #7

In general the game has been within the Top 10 for at least a week or so in these 3 markets.

Some other stores:

Germany - Digital Deluxe #5 / Normal Edition #9
Brazil - Normal Edition #3 / Digital Deluxe #4(too poor for Deluxe edition /s)
France - Digital Deluxe #5 / Normal Edition #7

Of course, just like BG3, this is digital-only release, so we have to take that into account when considering how much its selling based on placements since no physical.
Also like BG3, we won't be getting any numbers from the trackers since it is self-published by Game Science itself and aren't part of the usual partners. We'll only know how much the game has sold copies if the devs themselves decide to tell us about it.

Entropi

Veteran
Icon Extra
22 Jan 2023
Pre-order is in the bag. I can’t wait to play this console exclusive.

YeezyDude

17 Jun 2024
Denmark
2K @ 60 FPS? I guess the PS5 Pro will then run it in 4K @ 60 FPS... And if not possible then so do I imagine PSSR will be able to help with that! (y)