Both Silknight & Billbil-kun state GOW R next game coming to PC. Also God of War project being worked on but not by Santa Monica Studios.

Systemshock2023

Veteran
8 May 2023
Console gamers are mainly feelings driven. Memories of going as kids to the brick and mortar store of their choice to buy games. Console wars in the school playground. Sonic vs Mario. Genesis Does!! it's an endless repeat of the same cycle. For one platform to win, it's imperative that others have to lose.

The only difference it's that it now includes adults 25 - 55 Y.O you get long walls of text dissertions about the state of the industry and sales data instead of jokes and name calling.

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
Hellblade is literally launching in the same month but it's doing horrendously worse, but yeah let's say the port is gonna flop lmao
It is going to flop. GoT sold 2.4m in 3 days on PS4, it won't even sell 2.4m in 3 years on PC. That's a fact.

And of course Hellblade 2 will flop, it's a sequel to a niche game, You're smoking crack if you ever thought for a second that PC gamers will pay $50 for a 10 hour game. They'll either pirate it or wait for it to hit $10 like they did with Hellblade 1. Or just play it on GamePass PC.

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
We are at T-Minus 6 days from Ghost of Tsushima launching on Steam, and it's #17 on the Global Top Sellers, and that's with it launching at a full $60 Price Tag. This isn't even factoring in sales from sites like GMG where Sony is also distributing Keys, and EGS.
Being number 1 on Steam at release for a few days is expected and it's nothing special 🤷‍♂️

Animal Well and Little Kitty are both in the Top 10 with a CCU of 4k and 2k. It doesn't take much at all to be there so ranking is meaningless. They will get a small boost like Horizon Forbiden West did and disappear.

Even if GOT sells 1 million, the long-term damage the PC ports did to the brand is immeasurable. Sony will still get a record year this year, that won't change but the seed is planted. Give it time.

klomzi

8 Mar 2024
Being number 1 on Steam at release for a few days is expected and it's nothing special 🤷‍♂️

Animal Well and Little Kitty are both in the Top 10 with a CCU of 4k and 2k. It doesn't take much at all to be there so ranking is meaningless. They will get a small boost like Horizon Forbiden West did and disappear.

Even if GOT sells 1 million, the long-term damage the PC ports did to the brand is immeasurable. Sony will still get a record year this year, that won't change but the seed is planted. Give it time.

Actually, most of Sony games have never been on number 1 on steam.

Zexyen

26 Mar 2024
It is going to flop. GoT sold 2.4m in 3 days on PS4, it won't even sell 2.4m in 3 years on PC. That's a fact.
Pretty sure the one Smoking crack is you if you seriously are expecting any port to just randomly drop 2.4m in 3 days on PC. Newer AAA games don't even hit those kinds of sales figures that quickly on PC. PC Gaming is Diverse, there are literally 1.3m people playing CS2 right now while 63 thousand people are playing Spreadsheet Simulator Football Manager.

You do know the Steam Top Sellers is calculated by Revenue not Units sold correct? if a $20 game is higher than a $60 title that means it's selling 3x the amount of copies the $60 title is selling. That's why Hardware on Steam Top Sellers is always at the top, It would take 10 copies of GOT to match 1 $600 Steam Deck for example.

Again this is just random bullshit that's spouted like there's any evidence pointing to this. This isn't Microsoft literally releasing $70 titles on a $10/mo Service expecting magic numbers, this is Sony releasing games that are currently half of on PS5 selling it for full price on PC lmao

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
Despite being annoyed at how PC people tend the think every ends with PC(it won't) I seriously think you guys are overestimating the impact it makes on PS. Xbox died because it went to PC? Please tell me, what relevant game in the past 10 years have they released? Where's the logic on PC ports killing their platform, when those titles weren't appealing enough to bring people to Xbox in the first place?

Zexyen

26 Mar 2024
Despite being annoyed at how PC people tend the think every ends with PC(it won't) I seriously think you guys are overestimating the impact it makes on PS. Xbox died because it went to PC? Please tell me, what relevant game in the past 10 years have they released? Where's the logic on PC ports killing their platform, when those titles weren't appealing enough to bring people to Xbox in the first place?
Exactly lmao, Xbox hasn't released a good game, much less a System seller in Years. They Hyped up Starfield and that game flopped, and Forza Motorsport is somehow worse than previous titles in the series despite 6 Years in development. they would be in this exact situation even if they didn't release anything on PC

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
Pretty sure the one Smoking crack is you if you seriously are expecting any port to just randomly drop 2.4m in 3 days on PC. Newer AAA games don't even hit those kinds of sales figures that quickly on PC. PC Gaming is Diverse, there are literally 1.3m people playing CS2 right now while 63 thousand people are playing Spreadsheet Simulator Football Manager.
Who said I expected 1:1? Of course not, but they can't even manage to do 10% as well. 3 years of sales can't even match 3 days and you guys think that's ok, the bar is low and you lie to yourselves to make trash look like gold.

No one is overestimating anything, it's not just that PC ports are bad, it's that day and date ruined Xbox's development pipeline entirely. After they started putting their games day 1 on PC, the quality and cadence of releases dropped off significantly. Not saying the early days of xb1 had bangers, but those games were 1000x better than what they released post 2016. When Sony goes day/date for single player games, the same will happen.

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Actually, most of Sony games have never been on number 1 on steam.
And this is good, how? Thanks for proving my point 😘

Again this is just random bullshit that's spouted like there's any evidence pointing to this. This isn't Microsoft literally releasing $70 titles on a $10/mo Service expecting magic numbers, this is Sony releasing games that are currently half of on PS5 selling it for full price on PC lmao
We right about Xbox. We were right about Game Pass. We were right about Activision.

History will prove us right in this case too.

Zexyen

26 Mar 2024
No one is overestimating anything, it's not just that PC ports are bad, it's that day and date ruined Xbox's development pipeline entirely. After they started putting their games day 1 on PC, the quality and cadence of releases dropped off significantly. Not saying the early days of xb1 had bangers, but those games were 1000x better than what they released post 2016. When Sony goes day/date for single player games, the same will happen
Let’s put some background context on this:

Microsoft has a tendency to put people on 18-month employment contracts so that they don’t have to pay benefits. This is something that is done at the Organization level & is a fact across all their divisions. Games nowadays take upwards of 8 years to develop. Do you not think that having entire development teams basically rotated out every 18-months is probably not the main contributor to these issues? You’re all focusing on one exact thing as if a company as large & multifaceted as Microsoft doesn’t have 400 other issues. The issue isn’t that PC ports being day 1 is diminishing quality, the issue is that Microsoft doesn’t keep talent around so they constantly have to grow new talent, which leads to shoddy development.

We right about Xbox. We were right about Game Pass. We were right about Activision.

Congrats you were right for a company notorious for horrendous upper management. I’m a Sysadmin that’s been working with Microsoft’a enterprise products for almost 7 years at this point and I could’ve told you they would’ve made a bad move. Microsoft killed their QA team when W10 launched because they thought people would beta test their OS better (they didn’t). This is a company that has a history with making huge changes (normally to users detriment).

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
And this is good, how? Thanks for proving my point 😘

I was with you guys on the first three points. I refuse to believe that PC will make a dent on consoles. We have likely Sony, Nintendo, Valve as the new big 3 for another 15+ years. Microsoft to replace ABK and Bethesda.

Pretty big shift. It's been the big 3 for 20 years for any dramatic change to happen.

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023

Microsoft has a tendency to put people on 18-month employment contracts so that they don’t have to pay benefits. This is something that is done at the Organization level & is a fact across all their divisions. Games nowadays take upwards of 8 years to develop. Do you not think that having entire development teams basically rotated out every 18-months is probably not the main contributor to these issues? You’re all focusing on one exact thing as if a company as large & multifaceted as Microsoft doesn’t have 400 other issues. The issue isn’t that PC ports being day 1 is diminishing quality, the issue is that Microsoft doesn’t keep talent around so they constantly have to grow new talent, which leads to shoddy development.

Congrats you were right for a company notorious for horrendous upper management. I’m a Sysadmin that’s been working with Microsoft’a enterprise products for almost 7 years at this point and I could’ve told you they would’ve made a bad move. Microsoft killed their QA team when W10 launched because they thought people would beta test their OS better (they didn’t). This is a company that has a history with making huge changes (normally to users detriment).
Glad we agree that Xbox has many issues, and what is the root cause of these issues? Phil Spencer. Anything he thinks is a good idea is something you need to stay 100 feet away from. But it's too late now for Sony and they're next. He even thinks that Nintendo's future should exist beyond hardware...aka PC....If you don't see by now that embracing PC signals the death of console platform, then you'll never see it.

I was with you guys on the first three points. I refuse to believe that PC will make a dent on consoles. We have likely Sony, Nintendo, Valve as the new big 3 for another 15+ years. Microsoft to replace ABK and Bethesda.

Pretty big shift. It's been the big 3 for 20 years for any dramatic change to happen.
PC is already making a dent on consoles, PS5 is behind PS4 now, with Xbox Series doing much worse than Xbox One, and Switch on it's way out. How is that even possible? Expensive console? 😂 Nah, they're all going to PC because Sony told em they don't need a console. And next gen, Sony will be like Xbox, begging Nintendo to put their games on the eShop 😂

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
And yet Microsoft/Xbox were untouchable in gaming circles. Phil the cult leader. Game Pass the new religion and the Activision acquisition was the best thing that ever happened in the gaming industry.

Don't act like what's going on now was the common sentiment online. We were literally banned, silenced and cast out for speaking up. Now y'all are mocking us about Sony PC ports.

We WILL have the last laugh 😎

Umar

Veteran
20 Jun 2022
PSN ID
Progamer265446
This is pretty funny to see. Even the employees were smarter than the used car salesman

• haha
Reactions: Neversummer

Systemshock2023

Veteran
8 May 2023

Finally someone mentions the contractors issue. That's the elephant in the room. Maybe it could work for the 6th and 7th generations as development times were much shorter but now? All that attrition takes it's toll.

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
Glad we agree that Xbox has many issues, and what is the root cause of these issues? Phil Spencer. Anything he thinks is a good idea is something you need to stay 100 feet away from. But it's too late now for Sony and they're next. He even thinks that Nintendo's future should exist beyond hardware...aka PC....If you don't see by now that embracing PC signals the death of console platform, then you'll never see it.

PC is already making a dent on consoles, PS5 is behind PS4 now, with Xbox Series doing much worse than Xbox One, and Switch on it's way out. How is that even possible? Expensive console? 😂 Nah, they're all going to PC because Sony told em they don't need a console. And next gen, Sony will be like Xbox, begging Nintendo to put their games on the eShop 😂
Is that due to Pc or because the folks that usually buy consoles at $299 and below are now taking longer to come on board? If the ps5 was matching ps4 price, they'd be selling more than PS4 easily.

At it's current price, I think the cap they gen off at 100-110 million. whether thats good or bad for sony, im not sure.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Systemshock2023

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
Is that due to Pc or because the folks that usually buy consoles at $299 and below are now taking longer to come on board? If the ps5 was matching ps4 price, they'd be selling more than PS4 easily.

At it's current price, I think the cap they gen off at 100-110 million. whether thats good or bad for sony, im not sure.
its 100% due to PC, they'll be lucky to get 100m and that is terrible after coming off your best generation ever. An objective failure, just like the pc initiative has been. And people will blame everything other than PC

Systemshock2023

Veteran
8 May 2023

My friends they all had PS consoles from PS1 through PS4. They just don't care this time around. Maybe they got tired of the hobby, but all I hear from them is that, the console is expensive there are no games and they don't see any killer app. And regarding price it's a bit of a moot point because they could sell their PS4 to offset the cost.

In a way they have a point. Picture you buying a PS1 in 1998 a PS2 in 2004 or a ps360 in 2010. 4 years into the lifecycle. You would have a massive list of games to play, games that in no way shape or form could have been possible on the previous console. This time around? Just a handful of games at most.

It's an industry wide issue I think. I kinda feel the same way about upgrading my PC. And unlike them, I keep gaming on the regular.