Breaking: Concord is shutting down on September 6, full refunds. (Update: Servers Now Closed)

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
The game wasn’t good. Thats the point. And why nobody bought it. The beta was there for people to try and realise it wasn’t good. You really think the game only sold 25,000 copies due to “all the hate” it was attracting online? The comparison is overwatch. Not destiny lol
Did you give any change to the Beta? Honest question because most set the game DOA way before that.

That is why I'm sad that good games get killed because that vocal hating gamers made up their mind.
I understand the game is not for you but it doesn't make it bad.

• Shake
Reactions: ApolloHelios

TrishaCat

Veteran
17 May 2024
PC players are the scum of the gaming community, so yes!

Consolesl gaming was great till they opened up the walled gardens to cheap and broke degenerates
hi its me the cheap and broke degenerate with 1200+ games
KbTF2IS.jpeg

Dick Jones

Corporate Dick
Icon Extra
5 Jul 2022
This is what he said

And this is what you replied to him:

"Hopefully there is a sexy robot you are wank to in Astro or this board will have to hear how much you hate the game and want that cancelled too."

This has nothing to do with Concord at all > whataboutism
I honestly don't think I could make it easier to understand for you.

I don't want to mock someone who may have certain characteristics. If you do, that's fine but I think it's best we stop this discussion here.

• haha
Reactions: Airbus

KvallyX

Veteran
Icon Extra
13 Nov 2023
Your Mom
And your point is?

Just because there are games to launch I can't say which game is my GOTY from the games released?
Oh you can! I didn't realize meant up to this point. I just saw you said it's your GOTY. Maybe more games will surprise you yet this year! But if it ends up being your GOTY, that is awesome. So far mine is Granblue Fantasy Relink.

Last edited:
24 Jun 2022
Seriously though if any of yall like this game @voke @ethomaz I really think yall should consider harassing Sony about the possibility of private servers. If enough people make a fuss they may be willing to assist in making such tools available, thus allowing the game to not completely die

Uh...the 50 or so people who were regularly playing Concord are nowhere near enough to get private servers out of Sony 🤣.

And of all games to champion private servers around...Concord ain't it. Pick a better game going offline to push that cause, not this one.

TrishaCat

Veteran
17 May 2024
Uh...the 50 or so people who were regularly playing Concord are nowhere near enough to get private servers out of Sony 🤣.

And of all games to champion private servers around...Concord ain't it. Pick a better game going offline to push that cause, not this one.
You're probably right but it's better to try and fail than to not try at all. I may not be interested in Concord, most people seem not to be, but the game and art preservationist in me does not like to see games be permanently unplayable.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Once they captured the attention of DEI obsessives it was over.

Not sure what they were thinking with those designs.
To be honest the game itself didn't seem too woke or whatever. It's just the basement tier character designs, like I said that one fat woman with the goggles looked like she would fit in at a Kentucky Walmart. How are you gonna throw away years and a hundred million bucks because your art director can't think of cool character designs? It's not even about LGBT or whatever, you can make characters that look awesome and still put whatever traits you want.

Dick Jones

Corporate Dick
Icon Extra
5 Jul 2022
Was wondering is this suppose to be another insults toward other fellow users here
No. You just give off a vibe that you might be on the spectrum and I would feel bad mocking someone on the spectrum. That's why I want to end this conversation

• haha
Reactions: ApolloHelios

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
Seriously though if any of yall like this game @voke @ethomaz I really think yall should consider harassing Sony about the possibility of private servers. If enough people make a fuss they may be willing to assist in making such tools available, thus allowing the game to not completely die
Eh, I'm not the type to yell into the void... not passionate enough for that. I'll take my $60 back and always feel bitter about what could've been. This is the gaming community completely accepting f2p, mtx, battlepasses, and lootboxes as the future of PvP games. Concord didn't have to be popular, but it stood for something many people missed about this industry, paying at the door for multiplayer.

I honestly don't want to see another article, or video about the "state" of multiplayer games again. These companies are doing exactly what you guys are asking for.

Last edited:
Reactions: Danja

balrogboy

21 Jun 2022
The game is legit great... did you play it at least?
i did play the open betas and it really wasnt bad, it just was really nothing special, or even better than current existing f2p GaaS games.
and honestly I think the monetization system in Concord should be the norm.
but like I said, its nothing special, there are better games to play for free. the character design was pretty lame, i dont think its generic like eveyone else is claiming, quite the opposite, the issue is that it tries too hard, a match feels more like a furry convention
level design was okay at best. pretty forgetfull tbh.
if this is you GOTY the bar is pretty low.

But like I said, i'm glad you liked it and I'm sorry its joever

24 Jun 2022
Fairgame is a ticking time bomb. I think the reactions on Concords poor map design, poor hero ability's, and design can not be fixed without tons of money. I wonder if Sony now is looking at fairgame?

I think that game either internally is being looked over like a fine tooth comb or Sony is going to cut their losses, and put more people on the new Bungie spin off studio.

Yeah, we'll see what they do with Fairgame$ because that will be indicative of it anything's been learned here, and what change in strategy is being made specifically.

Preferably, they'd have been tending to Fairgame$ for a while now and Concord is a one-off in terms of poor character designs and confusing messaging leading to a colossal failure. But if not, then yeah, they either have to take the hit in extra costs to revamp, or decide the costs put on top of what's already been spent wouldn't be worth it and just do a tax write-off for the game altogether.

As for Marathon...I am thinking the concepts there are just going to get folded into Destiny 3, and Bungie will be fully assimilated under SIE's control as a result. Even if Marathon were successful, it'd just be too difficult to maintain both it and Destiny 3 simultaneously. Better to combine them, and best to focus on Destiny as that's the IP with market cache.

Just skip the whole "test" or whatever Marathon was supposed to be for Bungie and move onto greener pastures ASAP.

Calverz

28 Mar 2023
Did you give any change to the Beta? Honest question because most set the game DOA way before that.

That is why I'm sad that good games get killed because that vocal hating gamers made up their mind.
I understand the game is not for you but it doesn't make it bad.
Yes I tried the beta. I played maybe 3-4 matches I think but I mean it was very very average. Like there are games already that does everything concord was trying to do better. They absolutely dropped the ball on the monetization model. It should have been f2p from the beginning. It possibly would have had more a chance. But there’s no coming back from that decision now. Even if the game returned as f2p, success is not guaranteed. People didn’t like the setting, the character designs and the gameplay. It would need a massive rework and it’s likely Sony will just consign it to the history books and move on as a harsh lesson learned. The remaining team will likely be put into other projects.

What pisses me off the most is we didn’t get factions 2 but we got concord. Also look at the ip Sony has. They should have made a killZone, socom or mag live service game.

Dick Jones

Corporate Dick
Icon Extra
5 Jul 2022
Eh, I'm not the type to yell into the void... not passionate enough for that. I'll take my $60 back and always feel bitter about what could've been. This is the gaming community completely accepting f2p, mtx, battlepasses, and lootboxes as the future of PvP games. Concord didn't have to be popular, but it stood for something many people missed about this industry, paying at the door for multiplayer.
Will they take back your playstation points? 😬