Breaking: Concord is shutting down on September 6, full refunds. (Update: Servers Now Closed)

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Yup! JaHGamer was a good member and though me and him bumped heads occasionally, it was all good. I do think he should have never been banned even at his request as people say things at times out of anger.

He was obviously a PlayStation fan through and through and and again, he was extremely positive until that terrible showcase last year kinda shattered a lot of things for us.
I mean he got banned cause he kept abusing other posters even when asked to stop and just put them on ignore, and nhom kept antagonizing the mods even though they basically gave him a really big leash after his meltdown. I really wish they could have just let it be because they were good posters when they weren't going nuclear

Monkeyclaw

29 May 2024
The game was held hostage by Steam numbers form the the first Beta that's all people focused on. The very last hate thread before the shutdown announcement on this forum was about....

STEAM NUMBERS.

PC has been a complete missfire for PlayStation. Hemmorriging their brand status to appease to whiny bitches who feel attacked because they have to make a PlayStation network account
Ok valid points here, not gonna lie.

But riddle me this. If the game was ps5 exclusive, do you honestly think it would have been a better game?
People of all platforms rejected this game for personal reasons.

This has never happened in recent videogame history. 1 of the reasons is that pc gamers might not have as big of an influence as you think.
It's the global reception and the fact people of all platforms clearly voiced their opinion about forced DEI infusion where it doesn't fit.

Sony/ Firewalk execs wiped their ass with the opinions of the audience that made them big. The gamers. And I think ps players hold an qual share of what has happened. Since it was the main platform.

Saying that PC beta numbers ruined it could be true. But if the game was appealing to the wider audience, people would be swayed easily into making a PSN account.

Why would someone bother to setup an account for a game that doesnt appeal to them?

Oh and why did JAH get banned? I had some heated arguments with him but I enjoyed them....

Reactions: Would_you_kindly

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023
The economics of gaming are not at all the same as the economics of streaming. And, this quietly ignores the fact that all the minor streamers license content to each other all the time, including Netflix. Netflix just so happens to be in such a dominant market position that they can afford to be a buyer of every one else's content. Sony does not have the same kind of reach in the gaming space; there is much, much more competition.
so putting games on a competing storefront which is already monopolistic in itself is the answer? surely not, games will go to $80 next gen, will PC players pay for it? absolutely not, they'll pirate these games. no PlayStation game has sold more than 4M copies on PC to date and they've been porting games nonstop for 4 years straight at this point.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
...so is it a bad thing that steam sales numbers are as transparent as they are compared to other storefronts and platforms?
Not really a bad thing but I have noticed that it's causing a lot of groupthink

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
4 female characters of different GaaS where characters are very important. 3 were huge hits, another one has been a huge failure.

c29a9581c2d866f262a78f24670a2488.png
image.png
renaud-galand-trcr00.jpg

GWlLjB0XwAAAn4J

Pretty likely the character artist got a pretty similar brief description for all of them: a not oversexualized white young female with yellowish orange as main color, and black or white as accent colors. Put her some straps there and some weird glasses or mask.

Last edited:

TrishaCat

Veteran
17 May 2024
Not really a bad thing but I have noticed that it's causing a lot of groupthink
I suppose I can understand that; makes for easy fuel to make fun of a game if it doesn't have a bazillion sales.
Gamers need to not be so quick to make fun of games based on sales data

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
I suppose I can understand that; makes for easy fuel to make fun of a game if it doesn't have a bazillion sales.
Gamers need to not be so quick to make fun of games based on sales data
It also causes groupthink the other way, like people bandwagoning a game because it has high player count on steam. Like that banana game, which is essentially a scam

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Yup! JaHGamer was a good member and though me and him bumped heads occasionally, it was all good. I do think he should have never been banned even at his request as people say things at times out of anger.

He was obviously a PlayStation fan through and through and and again, he was extremely positive until that terrible showcase last year kinda shattered a lot of things for us.
While I have no personal issue with him… he had a track tracked of harass others users calling them with a lot of insults… mods even where light with him imo.

Maybe if he was more reasonable people could see him as the good person he was.

Anyway Concord has nothing to do with his ban.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Ok valid points here, not gonna lie.

But riddle me this. If the game was ps5 exclusive, do you honestly think it would have been a better game?
People of all platforms rejected this game for personal reasons.

This has never happened in recent videogame history. 1 of the reasons is that pc gamers might not have as big of an influence as you think.
It's the global reception and the fact people of all platforms clearly voiced their opinion about forced DEI infusion where it doesn't fit.

Sony/ Firewalk execs wiped their ass with the opinions of the audience that made them big. The gamers. And I think ps players hold an qual share of what has happened. Since it was the main platform.

Saying that PC beta numbers ruined it could be true. But if the game was appealing to the wider audience, people would be swayed easily into making a PSN account.

Why would someone bother to setup an account for a game that doesnt appeal to them?

Oh and why did JAH get banned? I had some heated arguments with him but I enjoyed them....
Better game? It should be the same… maybe some new feature due not having to work on the PC version… I don’t know.

But without PC more users should had tried it that lead to better sales… PS fans are used to buy into Sony exclusive games to try it even if they end up not liking it.

And more people trying it… more chances to had a userbase to not cancel the game.

You guys probably don’t understand but PC hate almost affected Helleivers 2 too… if Sony didn’t was fast to try to remediate it the refund train were already happening at full speed with PC guys trashing the game in all places.

Sony releasing day one games on PC doesn’t no good for them.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Sony has been making a lot of mistakes this gen including supporting PC.... Yes PC has been a negative for PlayStation.

The End.
You not liking something doesn't mean they are mistakes. They are performing better than ever in most areas:

image.png

That includes PC (isn't new, Sony has been publishing games on computers since 40 years ago). In recent times year after year they continue growing fast in PC.

Here listed as 'other software', there are their 1st party games in non-PS platforms (so including non-PS consoles) generating more than the double of the revenue than they did the same quarter in the previous fiscal year:
image.png

It can also be seen there that this 'other software' segment now is generating more revenue than the 'physical software' units for PS.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
You not liking something doesn't mean they are mistakes. They are performing better than ever in most areas:

image.png

That includes PC (isn't new, Sony has been publishing games on computers since 40 years ago). In recent times year after year they continue growing fast in PC.

Here listed as 'other software', there are their 1st party games in non-PS platforms (so including non-PS consoles) generating more than the double of the revenue than they did the same quarter in the previous fiscal year:
image.png

It can also be seen there that this 'other software' segment now is generating more revenue than the 'physical software' units for PS.
Brace Yourself Here We Go GIF by MOODMAN

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com

image.png

image.png

At the expense of console.

Everything costs something and Sony are selling out their own platforms growth for pennies.

Great for steam though, if you're a steam fan.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
At the expense of console.

Everything costs something and Sony are selling out their own platforms growth for pennies.

Great for steam though, if you're a steam fan.
Nah, they are better than ever in console regarding active userbase, average revenue per user, average hours per user, hardware revenue (considering the sales curve that consoles make during their generation), software revenue, subscriptions revenue, accesories revenue.

And pretty likely several other KPIs. They also have more first party games and 3rd party exclusives in the works than ever.

And this is with a ton of users still active on PS4, many of them because still are eating good there. Once GTA, CoD, AC and other big players leave PS4 behind a lot of them should move to PS5.

They are growing not only in PC, but also in console, the movie/tv shows, etc. And all that money will help to continue funding the console and SP games you like.

Killer_Sakoman

Veteran
21 Jun 2022

image.png

image.png

Seems like the next few years will bring negative histograms if Concord is just the beginning of what's in the pipeline.

Reactions: Bryank75