Breaking: Concord is shutting down on September 6, full refunds. (Update: Servers Now Closed)

arvfab

Oldest Guard
23 Jun 2022
You not liking something doesn't mean they are mistakes. They are performing better than ever in most areas:

image.png

That includes PC (isn't new, Sony has been publishing games on computers since 40 years ago). In recent times year after year they continue growing fast in PC.

Here listed as 'other software', there are their 1st party games in non-PS platforms (so including non-PS consoles) generating more than the double of the revenue than they did the same quarter in the previous fiscal year:
image.png

It can also be seen there that this 'other software' segment now is generating more revenue than the 'physical software' units for PS.

These ChatGPT accounts sure like to repeat themselves.

If only they were powered by good AI instead of HS, it would at least be somehow useful.

Reactions: Zzero

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Seems like the next few years will bring negative histograms if Concord is just the beginning of what's in the pipeline.
Nah, their next game is Astro Bot, which several days before release already is in top positions of the Amazon and PlayStation store top grossing charts.

Despite being a smaller project, seems it's going to be super successful. Which combined with the unexpected megasucess of Helldivers 2 will more than compensate the Concord failure.

Killer_Sakoman

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Nah, their next game is Astro Bot, which several days before release already is in top positions of the Amazon and PlayStation store top grossing charts.

Despite being a smaller project, seems it's going to be super successful. Which combined with the unexpected megasucess of Helldivers 2 will more than compensate the Concord failure.
Astrobot will be great, but investors are not looking for offsetting cost. They were promised Gaa$.

Reactions: Bryank75

Savagefrogdemon

13 Feb 2023
Gaas can work but for it to work the game has to have very strong world and character designs it also has to be front loaded with content and a constant amount of updates and dlc. Players have to be invested from day one. I do wonder if something like killzone would work as an open world looter shooter.

Reactions: Bryank75

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
You not liking something doesn't mean they are mistakes. They are performing better than ever in most areas:

image.png

That includes PC (isn't new, Sony has been publishing games on computers since 40 years ago). In recent times year after year they continue growing fast in PC.

Here listed as 'other software', there are their 1st party games in non-PS platforms (so including non-PS consoles) generating more than the double of the revenue than they did the same quarter in the previous fiscal year:
image.png

It can also be seen there that this 'other software' segment now is generating more revenue than the 'physical software' units for PS.

Don't quote my comments with corporate propaganda

Plextorage

Veteran
26 Feb 2023
If anyone remembers, 2017 saw the release of Lawbreakers, a hero shooter released by CliffyB, a man with a brutal shooter resume in the form of Unreal and Gears of War, also with very good and polished gameplay.

The game barely got 7,000 players in Beta and dropped to 3,000 on release. It was shut down very quickly.

ToTTenTranz

Veteran
Icon Extra
4 Aug 2023
Shut down the game, refund everyone and then make Firewalk a support studio for whoever.
C'mon. You can't talk like that about devs. Game failed. They will find another way

As much as I hate that people get fired, I'd be wary about simply repurposing Firewalk as it is formed right now.

There are reports about the studio adopting a toxic culture. Massive bombs like Concord don't happen all of a sudden in a well functioning studio. There was a whole pipeline of decision makers that approved the pronouns on robots and the character designs. Another that approved the convoluted characters boosts and perks, another that approved the completely derivative match modes, another that highlighted all the spending in those CGI clips that would bring next to nothing to adoption, etc. etc.

Sony's higher-ups can't just keep sending Firewalk their paychecks and make them do stuff with lesser responsibility. Not after such a massive failure that is going to strain the whole company's quarterly and then yearly results.
The higher-ups have a fiduciary duty, and shareholders will claim their heads if they don't do anything about what just happened with this game.

How many complaints do you see from people who have bought it though seriously?
We’re enjoying it.
You misunderstand.
I'm not saying there's no interest in the game because people are complaining. I'm saying there's no interest in the game because people aren't playing it. Most of those who bought it weren't touching it a week after release.

People complaining would mean people still care about it. The opposite of love isn't hatred, it's indifference.

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
If anyone remembers, 2017 saw the release of Lawbreakers, a hero shooter released by CliffyB, a man with a brutal shooter resume in the form of Unreal and Gears of War, also with very good and polished gameplay.

The game barely got 7,000 players in Beta and dropped to 3,000 on release. It was shut down very quickly.
It seems like a roaring success compared to this though.

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
I just came from Gamestop and the guy was taking all the Concord cases and bringing them near the cashier. The amount of money Sony will lose with all the logistics of canceling/refunding and shipping back these boxes 🤡

I hope Fairgames$ is digital only 😬

• haha
Reactions: Would_you_kindly

Systemshock2023

Veteran
8 May 2023
Too busy enjoying PS exclusives to be a cry baby over a platform that's in a constant cycle of port begging for our 2 - 3 year old left overs 🥱

MMM no... No need to port beg. Since 2020 We know that those games are coming. If not, we will those games into our platform like Bloodborne.

The heart of the matter is that fanboys are butthurt since Horizon Zero Dawn was announced for PC more than 4 years ago. Because you have less and less ammo for the platform war. Each port feels like twisting a knife deep down.

And now you see the PC Boogeyman everywhere... This game was trash. End of the story. The same thing will happen to fairgame$
Both console and PC audiences rejected this POS and I applaud them for that.

Last edited:

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
MMM no... No need to port beg. Since 2020 We know that those games are coming. If not, we will those games into our platform like Bloodborne.

The heart of the matter is that fanboys are butthurt since Horizon Zero Dawn was announced for PC more than 4 years. Because you have less and less ammo for the platform war. Each port feels like twisting a knife deep down.

And now you see the PC Boogeyman everywhere... This game was trash. End of the story. The same thing will happen to fairgame$

Okay let me clarify y'all Port wishlist for 2 - 3 years... Is that better for you? 😂

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022

The heart of the matter is that fanboys are butthurt since Horizon Zero Dawn was announced for PC more than 4 years. Because you have less and less ammo for the platform war. Each port feels like twisting a knife deep down.

Not so convinced Fairgames will bomb (because the right game at the right time wins) … but … these games are indeed bombing because they’re wokeshit. The Olympics pretty much marked the point where consumers got fed up. There will be plenty of denial about that being the case but it definitely is.

Hopefully Sony looks at Concord, looks at Helldivers success and makes note of the obvious…