Breaking: Concord is shutting down on September 6, full refunds. (Update: Servers Now Closed)

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023
Yeah if they just released more games then they would attract more players to their platform instead of going to PC, they can take a risk on a WRPG or JRPG if they can take a risk on a turd burger like concord. They can contract external devs like Nintendo does, I will die on the hill that having most of the studios on the west coast along with SIE HQ is a mistake.
it's literally common sense, Steam competes with PlayStation, people are building their digital libraries there, Sony is making very comfortable for people to just be there and not come to PlayStation EVER, again, it's dumb decision after dumb decision since 2020, the strategy of the PS4 was working flawlessly, if it ain't broke DON'T FIX IT

Airbus

Veteran
Icon Extra
30 Jun 2022
Outlaws will do decent enough numbers when all is said and done. Shadows though is going to be huge guaranteed because it's simply going to be a far better game than Outlaws and it's the first new Assassin's Creed main line game in four years plus it's in Japan. If it wasn't for Ubisoft+, I would be day one with the ultimate gold edition or whatever the hell it's called.

OP
OP
John Elden Ring

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
First dev has commented

CsZ7wM6.png

HOLY SHIT. Is this the first in the industry?

If you dont count the Day Before, yes

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
I wonder if they will do some kind of tax write off with the game to claim back costs like warner did with the batgirl movie.
Certainly, they've lost tens of millions on this. So it's certainly a tax write-off.

It still means they lost money though... Just takes a small sting out of it.

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
Every game this year that has had even a whiff of SBI or DEI agenda has flopped spectacularly. I really hope devs have time to course correct because if that was the plan for most games going forward we could be looking at a lot of closed studios and destroyed IP.

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
I suspect ND is pissed. I would be.
Why do you guys assume Naughty Dog was forced to kill the game? The fact they kept pushing back the reveal, paints a different picture... But let's change the narrative it wasn't obvious Factions wasn't in development hell for over a year

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
There are bots in the game, the lvl 1 players you see are all bots. People have posted screenshots on reddit, if there was a regular influx of new lvl 1 players they wouldn't have shut down the game

There just people playing as new characters. I have about 7 characters at level 1

Last edited:

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
There are bots in the game, the lvl 1 players you see are all bots. People have posted screenshots on reddit, if there was a regular influx of new lvl 1 players they wouldn't have shut down the game
Never played against much level one players outside of launch weekend 🤔

Say1nMan

Veteran
28 Jul 2023
Sony shouldve gave killzone and resistance ip to other ps studio if insomniac and guerella games doesnt want to make those games anymore

Those two ip are more interesting than concord
The biggest head scratcher with all of this multiplayer push from Sony. They have three beloved IP that have a multiplayer pedigree and Sony are leaving them dormant. Enough time has passed in which these IPs can be rebooted. God of War was in a similar situation on the single player front and Sony breathed new life into it. They can do the same with Killzone, Resistance and Socom.

peter42O

Veteran
12 Jan 2024

In fairness, investors and shareholders are never happy or satisfied and always expect more than being realistic. Ubisoft has a lot more issues than just Outlaws as to why the company is having problems but none of it isn't something that can't be fixed once Assassin's Creed Shadows releases.

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
I still have characters that will show up as level 1 in lobbies as well ... I'm not saying bots weren't deployed but I never saw any.

I've seen the pic but never saw that during my play

Reactions: The Icon

balrogboy

21 Jun 2022
Why do you guys assume Naughty Dog was forced to kill the game?
because they made the whole ass game before killing it. you dont do that if you dont want to kill it.
"Ah yes we didnt know we were making a GaaS while we made this GaaS so now that its done lets get fucking rid of it"

Reactions: toadsage44

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
because they made the whole ass game before killing it. you dont do that if you dont want to kill it.
"Ah yes we didnt know we were making a GaaS while we made this GaaS so now that its done lets get fucking rid of it"
Did you ever play it or saw the whole ass game?

• fire
Reactions: The Icon