Breaking: Concord is shutting down on September 6, full refunds. (Update: Servers Now Closed)

Savagefrogdemon

13 Feb 2023
If the are offering a refund then servers have to go offline otherwise it defeats the purpose lol.

They will have have to repay backend server side costs all over again instead of just uploading the game for free on psn doesn't make sense to have done that unless they are pulling the plug on concord indefinity.

Puff

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
Dring said from the sale data he saw the IGN 25k estimate is suprising close, it's a little more on PS5 and a little less on PC, but suprising close
It's done worse in Europe than in North america
He think sony is not surprise about it's doing this numbers
He think Sony didn't canceled Concord in early 2024 because it was already done and far along

"I've heard good thing about Jade Raymond's game, fairgame$, people are a bit skeptical because of the trailer but i've heard internal chatters are very positive about it"

Dring think Astro is going to be a fairly chunky success for Sony
His sales prediction about astro is it will do ~5m this year that it will smash Ratchet LTD in 3-6month, and think that his estimate is concervative

Reactions: KvallyX

KvallyX

Veteran
Icon Extra
13 Nov 2023
Your Mom
They will have have to repay backend server side costs all over again instead of just uploading the game for free on psn doesn't make sense to have done that unless they are pulling the plug on concord indefinity.
Pretty sure Sony knows what is their best bet for savings on this closure.

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Hypothetically if they don't have a timeline currently for whatever is next for the game, makes no sense to be keeping servers on?

• brain
Reactions: KvallyX

KvallyX

Veteran
Icon Extra
13 Nov 2023
Your Mom
Dring think Astro is going to be a fairly chunky success for Sony
His sales prediction about astro is it will do ~5m this year that it will smash Ratchet LTD in 3-6month, and think that his estimate is concervative
That's pretty nice.

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
Lots of wishful thinking here. As usual since 2020. PC ports are cheap and profitable.The massive bet on GaaS was always the problem.

If anything I expect Sony to ramp up the pace and dig deeper into their back catslog of legacy titles to re release. Both for PC and PS5. Nintendo does it all the time. Why wouldn't Sony.
Sony didn't condition their users to pay 60 bucks for a game that's 10 year old and just a simple port. Even harder to sell that to PC gamers. Just scale down the GaaS crap.
Are these the same "internal sources" that saw Redfall as an 8/10 game over at MS? I'm sure they were positive about Concord too, otherwise it would have been cancelled much sooner.

Reactions: Would_you_kindly

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023
Lots of wishful thinking here. As usual since 2020. PC ports are cheap and profitable.The massive bet on GaaS was always the problem.

If anything I expect Sony to ramp up the pace and dig deeper into their back catslog of legacy titles to re release. Both for PC and PS5. Nintendo does it all the time. Why wouldn't Sony.
you know what's even more profitable? focusing on PlayStation 5 and in games for the PlayStation 5

peter42O

Veteran
12 Jan 2024
Since it appears those sales numbers are accurate or at least close to it, this was the smart decision. Shut down the game, refund everyone and then make Firewalk a support studio for whoever. I don't see this game coming back as a free to play with micro-transactions because the game wasn't designed around that so I don't see Sony doing this. A cheap experiment which was mostly crowdfunded anyway so minimal loss for Sony. Firewalk will be more of a long term gain as a support studio than anything else.

• brain
Reactions: The Icon

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
you know what's even more profitable? focusing on PlayStation 5 and in games for the PlayStation 5
Yeah if they just released more games then they would attract more players to their platform instead of going to PC, they can take a risk on a WRPG or JRPG if they can take a risk on a turd burger like concord. They can contract external devs like Nintendo does, I will die on the hill that having most of the studios on the west coast along with SIE HQ is a mistake.

peter42O

Veteran
12 Jan 2024
4 DEI sweet baby inch game are failing..suicide squad, star wars outlaw, concord, dustborn...

Next : assasins creed shadow

Hope developer gets the message

Outlaws will do decent enough numbers when all is said and done. Shadows though is going to be huge guaranteed because it's simply going to be a far better game than Outlaws and it's the first new Assassin's Creed main line game in four years plus it's in Japan. If it wasn't for Ubisoft+, I would be day one with the ultimate gold edition or whatever the hell it's called.

• brain
Reactions: The Icon

Dick Jones

Corporate Dick
Icon Extra
5 Jul 2022
People on ERA are guessing they will relaunch it as F2P with MTX focus sadly.

That is why are removing it immediately.
I hate f2p shit. The underhanded shit to scam and people will be delighted to consume it. We will feel that in the next few GaaS releases. I'd rather enjoy a game I know the price of than f2p and feel scammed the whole time playing. Absolute pity.