Breaking: Concord is shutting down on September 6, full refunds. (Update: Servers Now Closed)

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Sony need to course correct immediate. Cancel what they havent already of the GAAS, repair relationships with Japanese third party devs and publish single player games from them( IE Fromsoft, Bandai Namco, SE, even Capcom) build new single player teams to revive old beloved PS franchises.

But why couldnt they do both? They have the funds. It shouldnt be them choosing one over the other. Im mostly a SP gamer but there are millions of people who play MP on PS

They have always made MP/Gaas games and with HD2 selling more than most games this year they arent gonna abandon it making MP games.
They just need to show more of the SP games they are developer and work on securing more exclusives and creating more.
As for 3rd party relationships, it seems like 3rd parties dont want to be exclusive so much anymore, they are better off buying ip’s, studios, a publisher or buy a percentage/ partnership more with studios like FromSoft etc

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Neversummer

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Nah I don't hate consoles, I own almost all of the major ones after all.
I do hate exclusives, but that's separate in my mind and related to the fact that I own most major consoles; it's expensive and I'm tired of having to hook up so many of these >.<

I just think it's weird to use this games failure as an excuse to complain about pc gamers. Live service games are a gamble in general to develop.
We are in a Concord thread and PC has been the reason for 80% of the negativity PR beating its gotten.

From idiots refusing to sign up for PSN just to link their accounts for Trophies

To acting like this game was steam exclusive and because no one was playing there means PS5 didn't exist.

We saw how the PC community attempted to destroy Helldivers 2 again because of their hatred for

If you wanna be offended by what I said, sorry? I think you're actually one of the nicest members here, personally

But the PC community is extremely toxic and they have caused Sony nothing but bad PR and brand devaluation

balrogboy

21 Jun 2022
Helldivers 2 is bleeding players the last I read. Success at launch but the true test of live service success is longevity as well as regular content updates.
I find it crazy how people spin this as a bad thing.
People move on to other games all the time and helldivers 2 still has a higher player count than 99% of most games do 6 months after launch.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Kokoloko

balrogboy

21 Jun 2022
I don't know that I'd go that far; I'm sure Overwatch had a sizable audience on console as well. And didn't this game perform at least a little better on Playstation than on PC?
when you put it like that, yeah but really i wouldnt expect this to have made any major splashes on console either tbh.

Dr. E99

1 Sep 2024
We are in a Concord thread and PC has been the reason for 80% of the negativity PR beating its gotten.

From idiots refusing to sign up for PSN just to link their accounts for Trophies

To acting like this game was steam exclusive and because no one was playing there means PS5 didn't exist.

We saw how the PC community attempted to destroy Helldivers 2 again because of their hatred for

If you wanna be offended by what I said, sorry? I think you're actually one of the nicest members here, personally

But the PC community is extremely toxic and they have caused Sony nothing but bad PR and brand devaluation
What a ridiculous take. If PC were so "toxic" and bad for business, then Sony would not continue to port games. Yet, both the number of games ported and the speed with which they are being ported is increasing.

The truth is that Concord was DOA from the very first trailer. Literally *nobody* wanted this game. After the initial opening cinematic tease where everybody thought it was a new SP experience only for the other shoe to drop when it was revealed to be a yet another hero shooter. It was panned from the start. And then salt was rubbed in the wound even more when the $40 price point was announced. Bad product and poor decision making by Sony. PC literally had nothing to do with it.

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
Anyone who thought this was it doesn’t play multiplayer live service games. Concord stood no chance $40, ugly to mediocre character design, slow movement & slow ttk & woke/agenda politics in the game.

If Fairgames is going to be $40 it will have the same death as concord. Fairgames needs to be free to play if it’s a hero shooter it needs to have attractive heroes w great personality if it’s not a hero shooter & instead customizable characters there has to be good cosmetics to purchase that make your character look sexy/attractive or badass/heroic also keep the woke/agenda politics out + ensure the game has faster gameplay & faster movement then concord.

Outside PVE games like Helldivers & the Horizon online & even then the Horizon online should be positioned as a free to play Monster Hunter that can attract gamers who wouldn’t try monster hunter because it’s gameplay or art style, horizon online should attract family’s, younger audience, PS fans & Monster Hunter/Dauntless audience

Last edited:

Monkeyclaw

29 May 2024
Netflix Glassblowing GIF by Blown Away

Reactions: Would_you_kindly

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Well… helldivers isn’t uninspired wokeshit. Consumers are clearly rejecting this stuff at this point.

Reactions: Would_you_kindly

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
What a ridiculous take. If PC were so "toxic" and bad for business, then Sony would not continue to port games. Yet, both the number of games ported and the speed with which they are being ported is increasing.

The truth is that Concord was DOA from the very first trailer. Literally *nobody* wanted this game. After the initial opening cinematic tease where everybody thought it was a new SP experience only for the other shoe to drop when it was revealed to be a yet another hero shooter. It was panned from the start. And then salt was rubbed in the wound even more when the $40 price point was announced. Bad product and poor decision making by Sony. PC literally had nothing to do with it.
Sony & PS leadership are short sighted.

Just like how they got into live service they made a bunch of new ip that no one knew or cared. PS transition to live service should’ve used its existing ip such as Uncharted online, Twisted Metal online, TLOU online, Horizon online, Killzone online, Socom online, Warhawk, PS allstars 2, LBP online/LBP hub, Demon Slayer overwatch clone or Demon Slayer Genshin Impact gacha clone

27 Jun 2023
United kingdom
Okay I'll dumb it down for you.

Poster hates Concord because character models aren't sexy enough for him.

The same poster enters every thread about Concord posting how much he hates Concord and derailing those threads.

I made a comment that I hoped he will find a character in Astro Bot attractive or this board will have the same poster derail every Astro Bot thread wanting to cancel that game too.

It's not Whataboutism. It is mocking someone who gets off on being attractive to digital characters.

You could insert almost any game for Astro and the joke still hits (for everyone but you)
Could you please quote me on saying 'characters not sexy enough' & that I want to 'wank over them' I've never said either of those things yet you keep saying I did

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023

Sony has been making a lot of mistakes this gen including supporting PC.... Yes PC has been a negative for PlayStation.

The End.

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023
>people are claiming PC is the problem
The game wouldn't have been shut down if it was doing well on Playstation, it would've just dropped support on PC.
It being on PC didn't kill it; it's a live service clone of Overwatch released years after Overwatch itself lost its relevance, and breaking into the live service industry is a lot like gambling.
Live service games are forever games designed to keep people playing. The thing is, is that people who play these titles have already found existing live service games to fill that time, and people only have so much time and money on their hands.
Creating a live service game is like gambling because it's pretty much just luck if the game will take off or not. Helldivers 2 was an anomaly not the norm for what Sony can expect with such titles.

Plus the game just didn't look particularly good? Lot easier to get excited for "it's like starship troopers but as a game where you fight not only bugs but terminators" than "its like overwatch but with worse character designs"
they could've saved the game by putting it on PS Plus day one and create more value to their core subscription, yes, the problem is PC and the toxicity surrounding the game was coming 95% from the PC community

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Kokoloko