Breaking: Concord is shutting down on September 6, full refunds. (Update: Servers Now Closed)

Killer_Sakoman

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Fairgame is a ticking time bomb. I think the reactions on Concords poor map design, poor hero ability's, and design can not be fixed without tons of money. I wonder if Sony now is looking at fairgame?

I think that game either internally is being looked over like a fine tooth comb or Sony is going to cut their losses, and put more people on the new Bungie spin off studio.
They are looking at Hulst. Burning $200 million won't go without executive heads. So y isn't Microsoft and they can't burn that money. He will definitely announce departure soon.
Fairgame$ is definitely under review. The game is gaas with full sweetbaby and is far in development. Sony knows it will be as disastrous as Concord. That's another $200+ million going down the dain. Hulst just burned half a billion. He won't survive. Even if the decision was shared with Jimmy, Jimmy left and only Hulst is responsible for it.

Reactions: Would_you_kindly

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
there are no doomers, there are people concerned with the directions Sony is taking PlayStation, and these people are absolutely right to be concerned
There are people who have valid concerns, and then there are people like yourself who thrive in that negativity.

You are a constant Doomer and Gloomer, lets just stop beating about the bush and just call a spade a spade.

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Sony has been making a lot of mistakes this gen including supporting PC.... Yes PC has been a negative for PlayStation.

The End.
The threads about this earth-shattering bomb are going so fast I can barely keep up. I just want to send you love because I know you really enjoyed the game ❤

And you're 100% right about PC. The damage it did to the Playstation brand is beyond repair. Tarnished forever.

There are people who have valid concerns, and then there are people like yourself who thrive in that negativity.

You are a constant Doomer and Gloomer, lets just stop beating about the bush and just call a spade a spade.
Is Jahgamer going to get unbanned? We lost all the big personalities here. He was right all along 🥲

Al Catone

Whiskers
Staff member
18 Jun 2024
I'd like to take this moment to advise everyone to be good to one another.

Whether you have strong opinions about the game or not, there is never a reason to go after one another.

Spying Spider-Man GIF by Morphin

Killer_Sakoman

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
The threads about this earth-shattering bomb are going so fast I can barely keep up. I just want to send you love because I know you really enjoyed the game ❤

And you're 100% right about PC. The damage it did to the Playstation brand is beyond repair. Tarnished forever.

Is Jahgamer going to get unbanned? We lost all the big personalities here. He was right all along 🥲
He is my favorite doomer

• Heart
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Dr. E99

1 Sep 2024
Sony & PS leadership are short sighted.

Just like how they got into live service they made a bunch of new ip that no one knew or cared. PS transition to live service should’ve used its existing ip such as Uncharted online, Twisted Metal online, TLOU online, Horizon online, Killzone online, Socom online, Warhawk, PS allstars 2, LBP online/LBP hub, Demon Slayer overwatch clone or Demon Slayer Genshin Impact gacha clone
They are revenue and profit-sighted. PlayStation console install base / market penetration has a finite ceiling that has very likely been reached, so they are seeking additional revenue streams. So that means that PC gamers like me will get to enjoy their games. Top brass and bean counters have come to the conclusion that the walled garden approach isn't profitable long term given the ballooning costs of game development. Why leave money on the table?

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023

what you see as doom and gloom i see as reality of things

y'all act exactly like this EVERY SINGLE DAY here, you want everyone to act like this and if someone brings reality torwards you and other members, they get banned, meanwhile studios are getting shut down, games are being cancelled, no lineup for 2025 and beyond and zero communication coming from PlayStation, all we were doing was warning sooner or later something like Concord would happen because they're not listenting to the community

maybe, just maybe, you should start blaming PlayStation's current leadership instead of the members here for the current situation of the brand
Nothing To See Here GIF by Giphy QA

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023
They are revenue and profit-sighted. PlayStation console install base / market penetration has a finite ceiling that has very likely been reached, so they are seeking additional revenue streams. So that means that PC gamers like me will get to enjoy their games. Top brass and bean counters have come to the conclusion that the walled garden approach isn't profitable long term given the ballooning costs of game development. Why leave money on the table?
console install base is not the problem, they've been capitalizing on us this gen by increasing games to $70, subscriptions to $80, $135 and $160, it's completely possible to grow YoY and gen over gen without cannibalizing your own hardware for this.

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023
and of course the only people defending PC ports here are... *shockingly*... PC players, i'm sorry but we want PlayStation to thrive, not to become the next Xbox in a couple of years.

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023

Thank you ❤️❤️

And I had a lot of fun with the game and crossed paths with some cool folks, I added up. I'm a realist so I knew what would eventually happen to this game just not so soon 💀🤣.

But I'm being refunded so I basically in the end got a free gaming experience I truly enjoyed lol.

Dr. E99

1 Sep 2024
console install base is not the problem, they've been capitalizing on us this gen by increasing games to $70, subscriptions to $80, $135 and $160, it's completely possible to grow YoY and gen over gen without cannibalizing your own hardware for this.
So, out of curiosity, what do you think the problem is?

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023
So, out of curiosity, what do you think the problem is?
obsession for growth at cost of the core product being damaged beyond repair at this point. and it's all coming back to bite Sony, BILLIONS of dollars in loss just with this GAAs bs that was aimed first and foremost at PC

• they're_right_you_know

Dr. E99

1 Sep 2024
obsession for growth at cost of the core product being damaged beyond repair at this point. and it's all coming back to bite Sony, BILLIONS of dollars in loss just with this GAAs bs that was aimed first and foremost at PC

I agree GAAS was/is a bad strategy. Porting their games is not. Their mandate is to turn a profit and create value for shareholders. Gaming landscape has changed *drastically* in the last 10 years. Closed ecosystems are no longer enough; not in the face of the myriad competition for dollars and eyeballs. Porting games to PC was a logical choice to tap a new revenue stream.

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023
this just proves my point, toxicity was coming almost entirely from PC community, is this garbage of community that Sony is bringing their games to, there will always be problems like there were with Helldivers 2 and Concord

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
He is my favorite doomer
I never considered JAH a doomer. It's like a tag he got so they could ban him. Box was annoying so I understood he needed to go but JAH and Nomine were the most active and well-known posters here.

They just lost millions of dollars after the disastrous campaign against Concord. All the headlines were based on the Steam CCU numbers. If the game wasn't on PC Day 1 that wouldn't happen. Look at Foamstars, it wasn't on PC so it flopped quietly and they are going F2P.

Don't forget the PSN linking controversy and review-bombing on Steam of Helldivers. The game never recovered after that.

TLOU PC port was a laughingstock that sold horrible, Ratchet flop. PSVR PC adapter issues.

There's many more. The amount they lost in brand damage is unbelievable. All because of PC. That's worth more than the few millions they got with their flop ports.

But I'm being refunded so I basically in the end got a free gaming experience I truly enjoyed lol.
Astrobot + controller is gonna be cheaper ❤

27 Jun 2023
United kingdom
I never considered JAH a doomer. It's like a tag he got so they could ban him. Box was annoying so I understood he needed to go but JAH and Nomine were the most active and well-known posters here.

They just lost millions of dollars after the disastrous campaign against Concord. All the headlines were based on the Steam CCU numbers. If the game wasn't on PC Day 1 that wouldn't happen. Look at Foamstars, it wasn't on PC so it flopped quietly and they are going F2P.

Don't forget the PSN linking controversy and review-bombing on Steam of Helldivers. The game never recovered after that.

TLOU PC port was a laughingstock that sold horrible, Ratchet flop. PSVR PC adapter issues.

There's many more. The amount they lost in brand damage is unbelievable. All because of PC. That's worth more than the few millions they got with their flop ports.

Astrobot + controller is gonna be cheaper ❤
I think JAH was pushed over the edge by certain users that continuously baited him & needed some time away from the site