Breaking: Concord is shutting down on September 6, full refunds. (Update: Servers Now Closed)

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023
I agree GAAS was/is a bad strategy. Porting their games is not. Their mandate is to turn a profit and create value for shareholders. Gaming landscape has changed *drastically* in the last 10 years. Closed ecosystems are no longer enough; not in the face of the myriad competition for dollars and eyeballs. Porting games to PC was a logical choice to tap a new revenue stream.
porting their games to PC is literally as bad if not even more than the GAAs strategy itself, exclusives are necessary for literally every forms of entertainemnt, you'll never see Netflix putting Stranger Things on Disney+, will you? NO, because they know exclusivity brings people to the product, Sony completely lost sense of things this generation, COMPLETELY. they've been destroying PlayStation to a point where i don't know if there's repair anymore

Reactions: Killer_Sakoman

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023
I never considered JAH a doomer. It's like a tag he got so they could ban him. Box was annoying so I understood he needed to go but JAH and Nomine were the most active and well-known posters here.

They just lost millions of dollars after the disastrous campaign against Concord. All the headlines were based on the Steam CCU numbers. If the game wasn't on PC Day 1 that wouldn't happen. Look at Foamstars, it wasn't on PC so it flopped quietly and they are going F2P.

Don't forget the PSN linking controversy and review-bombing on Steam of Helldivers. The game never recovered after that.

TLOU PC port was a laughingstock that sold horrible, Ratchet flop. PSVR PC adapter issues.

There's many more. The amount they lost in brand damage is unbelievable. All because of PC. That's worth more than the few millions they got with their flop ports.

Astrobot + controller is gonna be cheaper ❤
literally 85% of the games they ported to PC heavly flopped and were heavly pirated, singleplayer games should NEVER leave the console, and once PC hits emulation, they should always make remakes with new graphics for the console exclusevly

TrishaCat

Veteran
17 May 2024
literally 85% of the games they ported to PC heavly flopped and were heavly pirated, singleplayer games should NEVER leave the console, and once PC hits emulation, they should always make remakes with new graphics for the console exclusevly
I thought you were finished with PlayStation and were going to get a PC yourself make up your mind

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Systemshock2023

Ico

Icon Extra
8 May 2024
I agree GAAS was/is a bad strategy. Porting their games is not. Their mandate is to turn a profit and create value for shareholders. Gaming landscape has changed *drastically* in the last 10 years. Closed ecosystems are no longer enough; not in the face of the myriad competition for dollars and eyeballs. Porting games to PC was a logical choice to tap a new revenue stream.

this endless growth chase just doesn't make sense tbh, you start wanting more than your closed ecosystem can give you, port to pc, we know the shareholders will want more value (they wouldn't pushed the end of exclusivity if they were happy receiving the same old money everytime), now you put it on nintendo, later xbox, now how do you out-grow this? mobile? after that? who knows, but you can't stop growing or the shareholders will catch you

TrishaCat

Veteran
17 May 2024
i am, and the reason was exactly PC ports
"Console games shouldn't get PC ports"
"I'm moving to PC because games are getting PC ports"
Pick one
Otherwise you're sabotaging yourself by pushing this idea that the thing you yourself will be doing shouldn't have the things that allow you to do it. If you moved to PC and then Sony stopped making ports, you'd have to go back, having wasted your time and money

Reactions: Sircaw and Dr. E99

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023
"Console games shouldn't get PC ports"
"I'm moving to PC because games are getting PC ports"
Pick one
Otherwise you're sabotaging yourself by pushing this idea that the thing you yourself will be doing shouldn't have the things that allow you to do it. If you moved to PC and then Sony stopped making ports, you'd have to go back, having wasted your time and money
if they go back to the former strategy, i go back to their hardware mainly, if not, i'll go full PC and not even think about a PS6. simple as that.

Dr. E99

1 Sep 2024
They just lost millions of dollars after the disastrous campaign against Concord. All the headlines were based on the Steam CCU numbers. If the game wasn't on PC Day 1 that wouldn't happen. Look at Foamstars, it wasn't on PC so it flopped quietly and they are going F2P.

Don't forget the PSN linking controversy and review-bombing on Steam of Helldivers. The game never recovered after that.

TLOU PC port was a laughingstock that sold horrible, Ratchet flop. PSVR PC adapter issues.

There's many more. The amount they lost in brand damage is unbelievable. All because of PC. That's worth more than the few millions they got with their flop ports.

They lost millions on Concord because it was an ill-conceived product from the start. It was doomed from day 1 and should have never been green-lit in its current form.

I agree that the account linking "controversy" was dumb. But Helldivers 2 is still peaking at 10s of thousands of players a night. A respectable number. And I'm sure the fact that it's PVE helps it.

Regarding PC sales...if they weren't profitable, Sony wouldn't continue to do it. When it stops become profitable, they'll stop doing it.

I don't think Sony has any "brand damage". They are most recognized and most popular console gaming brand on the planet. Again, PC had nothing to do with any of this.

• haha
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Monkeyclaw

29 May 2024
Sony has been making a lot of mistakes this gen including supporting PC.... Yes PC has been a negative for PlayStation.

The End.
Helldivers, God of War, Ratchet and Clank etc............. Yeah come on. I truly feel sorry for the people here that its cancelled.

But blaming PC players for this is just childish, wrong and way out of line.
GAMERS collectively voted this into the ground.

If it was only PC people that made this happen, then why isn't it a success on PS5? Tell me seriously.

This game was doomed for very simple reasons. The warning signs were there from the get-go. Players of all platforms rediculed this game. Xbox, Nintendo, PC AND your beloved tribe the PS5 players.

Drop the "PC people baaad" child mindset. Pretty please. With a fucking cherry on top.

Dr. E99

1 Sep 2024
porting their games to PC is literally as bad if not even more than the GAAs strategy itself, exclusives are necessary for literally every forms of entertainemnt, you'll never see Netflix putting Stranger Things on Disney+, will you? NO, because they know exclusivity brings people to the product, Sony completely lost sense of things this generation, COMPLETELY. they've been destroying PlayStation to a point where i don't know if there's repair anymore

The economics of gaming are not at all the same as the economics of streaming. And, this quietly ignores the fact that all the minor streamers license content to each other all the time, including Netflix. Netflix just so happens to be in such a dominant market position that they can afford to be a buyer of every one else's content. Sony does not have the same kind of reach in the gaming space; there is much, much more competition.

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
I never considered JAH a doomer. It's like a tag he got so they could ban him. Box was annoying so I understood he needed to go but JAH and Nomine were the most active and well-known posters here.

Astrobot + controller is gonna be cheaper ❤
Yup! JaHGamer was a good member and though me and him bumped heads occasionally, it was all good. I do think he should have never been banned even at his request as people say things at times out of anger.

He was obviously a PlayStation fan through and through and and again, he was extremely positive until that terrible showcase last year kinda shattered a lot of things for us.

Monkeyclaw

29 May 2024
Yes, serious... I'm saying that nice things can't exists because hating 🤷‍♂️
A good Game was killed.
Less and less developers will try new and innovative games.
You think it was good. That doesn't make it a fact. The global consensus about this game is what got it killed.

And the game triggered this by existing in it's current form.

Im sorry that you don't get to enjoy it anymore, truly.
But if the game was in fact good, this wouldn't have happened.

It was built for 1 purpose.
Being a propagande machine for forced and misplaced inclusivity disguised as a videogame.

And people weren't having it. I don't blame them.

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Helldivers, God of War, Ratchet and Clank etc............. Yeah come on. I truly feel sorry for the people here that its cancelled.

But blaming PC players for this is just childish, wrong and way out of line.
GAMERS collectively voted this into the ground.

If it was only PC people that made this happen, then why isn't it a success on PS5? Tell me seriously.

This game was doomed for very simple reasons. The warning signs were there from the get-go. Players of all platforms rediculed this game. Xbox, Nintendo, PC AND your beloved tribe the PS5 players.

Drop the "PC people baaad" child mindset. Pretty please. With a fucking cherry on top.
The game was held hostage by Steam numbers form the the first Beta that's all people focused on. The very last hate thread before the shutdown announcement on this forum was about....

STEAM NUMBERS.

PC has been a complete missfire for PlayStation. Hemmorriging their brand status to appease to whiny bitches who feel attacked because they have to make a PlayStation network account

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
You think it was good. That doesn't make it a fact. The global consensus about this game is what got it killed.

And the game triggered this by existing in it's current form.

Im sorry that you don't get to enjoy it anymore, truly.
But if the game was in fact good, this wouldn't have happened.

It was built for 1 purpose.
Being a propagande machine for forced and misplaced inclusivity disguised as a videogame.

And people weren't having it. I don't blame them.
The game was put out to even have a chance due haters.
That is what I'm saying.

Most people didn't even have the chance to try or see if it was a good game.
Your facts is based in like 100-200k guys that played it at Beta.

The hate train was already set way before they showed any gameplay of the game.
I'm still to see anybody that played the game and says it was bad... not even reviewers that pushed the hate train did that.

And the fact that you guys keep the "Being a propagande machine for forced and misplaced inclusivity disguised as a videogame" narrative supports even more my points... who cares about that? What matter in game is well the game.

The most shocking thing in my view is what was that "inclusivity disguised" in the game? Do you mean Bazz being trans? Because if that is the case then Overwatch is basically full of these... Concord is even light in terms of Woke or DEI subject.

Last edited:

Monkeyclaw

29 May 2024
what you see as doom and gloom i see as reality of things

y'all act exactly like this EVERY SINGLE DAY here, you want everyone to act like this and if someone brings reality torwards you and other members, they get banned, meanwhile studios are getting shut down, games are being cancelled, no lineup for 2025 and beyond and zero communication coming from PlayStation, all we were doing was warning sooner or later something like Concord would happen because they're not listenting to the community

maybe, just maybe, you should start blaming PlayStation's current leadership instead of the members here for the current situation of the brand
Nothing To See Here GIF by Giphy QA
Josh Brolin Thank You GIF by First We Feast