Call of Duty 3 Review Thread-The degradation has begun.

Score Range?

• Total voters

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
1698975749537.png

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare III is an upcoming first-person shooter video game developed by Sledgehammer Games and published by Activision. It is the twentieth game in the Call of Duty series, and third entry in the rebooted Modern Warfare sub-series, serving as the direct sequel to 2022's Modern Warfare II. The game is scheduled to be released on November 10, 2023, for PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Windows, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X/S.[3][4]

Trailers:

Previews:

Metacritic:

1699705659639.png

Opencritic:
1699624127254.png

Rock, Paper, Shotgun
Jeremy Peel
Rock, Paper, Shotgun
Top Critic

Unscored

Nov 9, 2023
Folded-in features from battle royale can only go so far in saving this rushed production.
Read full review

Toby Berger
Toby Berger
Press Start
Top Critic

Unscored

Nov 10, 2023
It’s clear that Modern Warfare III’s campaign needed a lot more time to cook. It feels underbaked in so many areas, and I’d struggle to ever recommend it to anyone – whether you’re a series veteran or a relative newcomer. Comprised of uninteresting missions, an open zone structure that completely derails any narrative flow and a generally boring story, Modern Warfare III’s campaign is as drab as they come.
Read full review

Spaziogames
Nicolò Bicego
Spaziogames
Top Critic

Unscored

Nov 8, 2023
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare III comes with a campaign that absolutely fails to justify the game's full-price launch. The story completely lacks pathos and seems to be facing a transitional chapter rather than a conclusion (which it does not want to be, it must be said).
Review in Italian | Read full review

Downtime Bros
Joe Harby
Downtime Bros

4 / 10.0
Nov 10, 2023
If the original Modern Warfare 3 represented the culmination of a genre-defining FPS trilogy, then Modern Warfare III encapsulates everything wrong with contemporary Call of Duty.
Read full review

INVEN
Kyuman Kim
INVEN

Top Critic

5.5 / 10.0
Nov 10, 2023
In granting players a bit of freedom, the campaign of this latest title has lost too much in return—perhaps even the reputation it had built up until now and the potential for the future. Fortunately, the refreshing zombie mode managed to somewhat heal the disappointment.
Review in Korean | Read full review

Kakuchopurei
Lewis Larcombe
Kakuchopurei

70 / 100

Nov 10, 2023
Overall, Modern Warfare III seems to follow the narrative tone of Modern Warfare 2019 more closely than it does that of Modern Warfare II. Regarding gameplay, I'd hesitate to make a similar claim as the gameplay in this instalment stands out in its uniqueness compared to past versions. Despite this, I found the story quite enjoyable and eagerly anticipate its continuation.
Read full review

IGN
Simon Cardy
IGN

Top Critic

4 / 10.0

Nov 3, 2023
Underbaked, rehashed, and cobbled together from multiplayer parts, Modern Warfare 3’s single-player campaign is everything a Call of Duty story mode shouldn’t be.
Read full review

GameSpot
S.E. Doster
GameSpot
Top Critic

5 / 10

Nov 6, 2023
Player freedom drags down Modern Warfare 3's biggest moments.
Read full review

GamesBeat
Dean Takahashi
GamesBeat
Top Critic

Nov 6, 2023
Overall, it balanced out and the rest of the campaign was well done. As I mentioned, most players really care more about multiplayer than the single-player campaign. For me, I’ve always liked how the single-player story motivates you to play the multiplayer. And so it really does matter to me. I don’t know if my objections here mean that I don’t like the game overall. I feel like I’m a superfan who nitpicks endlessly while still pouring a lot of time into playing Call of Duty every year.
Read full review

We Got This Covered
Jonathan Wright
We Got This Covered

Top Critic

Nov 7, 2023
Incomplete, unsatisfying, and utterly nonsensical. This shallow excuse of a sequel might just be the worst 'Call of Duty' entry to come out in a decade.
Read full review

The Game Crater
Tom Wilson
The Game Crater

4 / 10.0
Nov 4, 2023
The MW3 campaign gets by on Call of Duty's expertly refined gunplay and little else. Its nonsensical narrative comes across as pitiful and dull, further hindered by the uninspired mission design that never extends beyond "go here and shoot them." Purchasing MW3 for its campaign is a massive waste of money, let alone time.
Read full review

Entertainment Geekly
Luis Alvaro
Entertainment Geekly

2.5 / 5.0

Nov 5, 2023
It’s a campaign that, despite its moments of graphical splendor and fleeting adrenaline, ultimately feels half-baked—a shadow of what could have been a robust addition to the “Call of Duty” anthology.
Read full review

Seasoned Gaming
Alex Segovia
Seasoned Gaming

5 / 10.0

Nov 4, 2023
If you hope to see the series’ campaign design feel like it’s not simply going through the motions, rehashing past glories and not half-baking potential new ideas, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare III will leave you wanting.
Read full review

Last edited:
Reactions: MiyazakiLovesKojima
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Heisenberg on gaf.

"Finished it in about 3 1/2 hours, worst campaign I have ever played in the COD franchise and I spent $100 on this

4/10 and I think thats generous

My review lasted about as long as this DLC campaign"

Playstation Sucka

8 Jan 2023
This is actual DLC after calling GOW Ragnarok DLC. Karma for the green sewer rats.
Don't take console wars seriously none of these corps care about you even if you spend a million on them just to look down on zealots on the other side don't become one of them yourselves

Playstation Sucka

8 Jan 2023
Sledgehammer is always the victim here they just let sledgehammer take all the heat while treyarch and infinity ward remain the heroes

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Sledgehammer is always the victim here they just let sledgehammer take all the heat while treyarch and infinity ward remain the heroes
For what it's worth I use to buy every COD anddddd Sledgehammer were the ones I disliked the most followed by the Treyarch ones. I then stopped buying COD in general and only buy one every few years or so.

• Informative
Reactions: Playstation Sucka

Yobo

Veteran
29 Jun 2022
This is the future of COD under Xbox. It's a slow but assured death. Right now we are busy asking remember when COD was good? You need to look back at least 5 years. In another 5 years it'll be "remember when COD was popular"

The modern day Guitar Hero from the same mediocre company