Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
Remember_Spinal

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
The same people that are shrugging their shoulders would be so mad if Microsoft got them. I can see it already

P

peter42O

CDPR would be a far better fit for Microsoft than Sony. Regardless, I don't see CDPR selling and they don't need to. The Cyberpunk launch disaster will be a blessing in disguise because it's going to make them all want to get back to what The Witcher 3 was regarded as - the best game of the PS4/XBO generation or at the very least, a strong contender for that crown.

Based on the several hours I have played thus far in Cyberpunk, it's an easy 9/10 minimum. Visually, looks amazing and the vertically of the world is very impressive. Audio from soundtrack to voice acting to effects all sound excellent. Combat/gameplay was good from what I played and better than I was expecting since it's a first person shooter compared to TW3 which was a third person melee combat focused game. Story and characters are great. Quests themselves are pretty damn good. The biggest positive for Cyberpunk is the immersion. When talking to NPC's, you feel like you're in the freaking room with them. No game has ever made me think this let alone feel this way. The character models, faces, animations and just attention to detail in these scenes is insane.

CDPR should have delayed the game. I would have delayed it to May 2022. And they should have cancelled the last generation versions. But playing on Series X, I was very impressed with nearly every aspect. It won't surpass TW3 but after TW4, im really hoping CDPR does a second Cyberpunk game because I would love to get immersed into the world yet again.

Bernd Lauert

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
Wishful thinking I see? December at a minimum, too many eyes over it currently.
FTC should be done unless they have even more questions (a lot of Democrat activists there right now, so who knows). Australia will be done by September. Japan should also be done soon. Big question is EU and UK. Shouldn't take more than a month or two though.

• brain
Reactions: Cragarmi

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
I am not disputing that. I am however disputing the claim CP2077 has had a 7-year development cycle, which is not true.

You're right, it didn't have a 7 year development cycle. It was 8 years, and got restarted half way. There was concept art as of 2012. The process of creating concept art is part of the whole production process for a video game.

Wrong. Production started after 2016. Just recently, Cp2077 Quest Director Pawel Sasko [re] explicitly stated this fact in one of his recent streams. Pawel has been working there since Tw2 and his statements are backed up by many other claims.

I posted sources that disprove your claims.

Graphics-wise, CP2077 is an objective upgrade when compared to pre-reçease materials

You need to get your eyes checked. CP2077 was developed for PC and last gen consoles first and foremost. Even the maxed out PC version had downgrades over the 2018 reveal, specially around mechanics, npc density, interaction. Some graphical details have been enhanced (character models), while many others have been downgraded. Overall, the game was downgraded (unless you only consider graphics something that can be upgraded / downgraded. In that case, I'd agree it would have been overall slightly improved, but only if you possess a beastly PC).

16 Jul 2022
You're right, it didn't have a 7 year development cycle. It was 8 years, and got restarted half way. There was concept art as of 2012. The process of creating concept art is part of the whole production process for a video game.

You need to get your eyes checked. CP2077 was developed for PC and last gen consoles first and foremost. Even the maxed out PC version had downgrades over the 2018 reveal, specially around mechanics, npc density, interaction. Some graphical details have been enhanced (character models), while many others have been downgraded. Overall, the game was downgraded (unless you only consider graphics something that can be upgraded / downgraded. In that case, I'd agree it would have been overall slightly improved, but only if you possess a beastly PC).

False.
Already debunked, with sources.

You need to get your eyes checked. CP2077 was developed for PC and last gen consoles first and foremost. Even the maxed out PC version had downgrades over the 2018 reveal,

CP2077 maxed out on PC, with RT on is superior on almost every front to the 2018 showing, save, perhaps, for crowd density.

nominedomine

Banned
8 Jul 2022
You know what would be better then buying CD Project Red? Doing what was done with Haven, open a studio in Poland, figure out the key talent that was behind The Witcher games and go after them. This way you don't have to pay any premium or deal with their bad history or recently acquired bad reputation.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
I think CD Project have been always too overpriced and overrated.

Their games are great in some areas but weak in other ones and mostly always take forever to be released and once released they are so buggy and have many issues. But they also sell very well and many of these issues get fixed over time.

Everything put aside, they're a development studio in a country with low salaries and a few big selling games, no IPs and a somewhat small PC store. So their valuation should be good, but I find totally unrealistic to value this company above big publishers who generate way bigger revenue because release a way bigger amount of titles per year and have a good chunk of teams and IPs.

I think CD Project's value should continue decreasing way more to be placed on a realistic spot when compared to other companies regarding revenue, profit, manpower size, amount of IPs owned and game released per year/generation.

You know what would be better then buying CD Project Red? Doing what was done with Haven, open a studio in Poland, figure out the key talent that was behind The Witcher games and go after them. This way you don't have to pay any premium or deal with their bad history or recently acquired bad reputation.
I think they would be benefited if CD Project would be bought and their management at least partially replaced to give them better working conditions: better salary, way less crunch and a better production, approval & QA process to release more stuff on time and release it on better conditions etc.

I think that if they improve in these areas after being bought by someone like Sony many devs from other Polish studios would want to move there so they'd be able to heavily growing acquiring a lot of talent from other Polish teams and to recover valuable lost staff.

Last edited:

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Already debunked, with sources.

What? You provided no sources. Meanwhile, I provided a video of their co-founder talking about concept art (again, part of production) in 2012.

CP2077 maxed out on PC, with RT on is superior on almost every front to the 2018 showing, save, perhaps, for crowd density.

I provided sources that clearly show this to be a lie. Some graphical details are better, some are worse, and most technical aspects are downgraded.

Dr Bass

The doctor is in
Founder
20 Jun 2022
I mean, the point is is that they both are and will. Both Phil Spencer and Jim Ryan were very vocal that there are more coming. The only reason people are speculating and getting whipped up into a fervor is because its happening.

And yeah, I’d rather see Sony get a WRPG studio for the simple fact that the entire genre has been consolidated to one platform and like i said in the OP there are more benefits to buying a dev in Poland other than just getting Witcher.
I agree with you entirely.

I just want it to stop. MS has created this arms race and it’s not a good thing.

• angry
Reactions: Gods&Monsters
OP
OP
Remember_Spinal

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
Microsoft is like thanos, trying to take over entire genre’s. They pretty much have FPS games on lock too.

Sony had a good ‘response’ to them taking so many FPS games, they got Firewalk, deviation, bungie, etc. They need a response for the bethesda style rpg games, thats literally the only reason right now im considering getting an xbox.

• angry
16 Jul 2022
What? You provided no sources. Meanwhile, I provided a video of their co-founder talking about concept art (again, part of production) in 2012.

I have already explained to you production started in 2016, with sources, straight from the horse's mouth, the Quest Director.
Research and pre-production are not production. The game was in production from 2016 to 2020, that is, 4 years.

I provided sources that clearly show this to be a lie. Some graphical details are better, some are worse, and most technical aspects are downgraded.
The 2018 45-minute demo didn't have Ray Tracing enabled.
That alone settles the point.

Au revoir.

16 Jul 2022
The only measure of a game being downgraded is graphics. Gotcha.
The term is more often than not applied to graphics, yes. And since you previously mentioned TW3 downgrade, which was purely graphical, you set up the context and I assumed as much.

Guilty as charged.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022

Themaskedcrag

Cunning Linguist
13 Jul 2022
Sony usually go for talent rather than IP, and a lot of talent already left the sinking ship. Whereas I'm sure there is some talent left at the studio, it will be difficult to seperate the wheat from the Chaff. Also in terms of IP, they don't own Witcher or CP, so what do they have? I'm not seeing the value here.

• brain
Status
Not open for further replies.