[Circana] June 2023 NPD, PS5 Top selling in both Unit and Dollar sales, Highest hardware sales since 2010, Diablo IV #1, FF XVI #2, SF 6 #3

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
*edit* nvm it was US only

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230802_212205.jpg
    Screenshot_20230802_212205.jpg
    135.4 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:

Petekilla

Veteran
16 Jun 2023
I rather watch good movies and series instead of video games adaptations, to each their own. I'm not against them but they should definitely not be the focus or take precedence over nurturing those IPs with console games.

We are about to enter year 4 of this gen and there is no sign of a new Uncharted game, instead we got some second grade movie with Mark Wahlberg and Tom Holland. No new TLoU just a remake to cash in into the series and a series that is fine but still worst than the games. The most exiting thing so far is the GT movie.
Bruh. It’s a business. I say this with no disrespect, but who cares about what you want. Why shouldn’t Sony focus on bringing their ips to mediums that has a far greater reach than gaming? If you were really a PlayStation fan, you would want these ips to be more popular. Like I said before, it’ obvious you never ran a business before, and it’s obvious you don’t know anything about it.

Petekilla

Veteran
16 Jun 2023
You complain about everything, holy shit.

Tv and Movies are the best thing sony had up its sleeve. Sony have a huge film division (which is something microsoft and nintendo don’t have) going to waste and a bunch of popular IP ripe for adaptations. It satisfies two needs and brings more popularity to their video games. I’ve already found myself itching for a new twisted metal, and before the tv show i really couldn’t care less about them bringing it back.

Mario movie had mario kart, 3d world, odyssey, etc. as the top selling nintendo games for months. Same with spider-man, its marketing that brings a shit ton of money and interest in for gaming. Spider-Man games are as big as they are because of how big Spider-Man’s media presence is outside of gaming.

I don’t even see how it can be argued. Film adaptations are what turn these games into mega franchises like pokemon, not just dropping a game and letting it rot after the first month on one platform. These brands deserve to be nurtured and grown so everyone can enjoy them and in turn brings more money into gaming.
Exactly. Look at what Angelina Jolie‘s Lara Croft did for the character in pop culture. Films have insane reach.

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
Bruh. It’s a business. I say this with no disrespect, but who cares about what you want. Why shouldn’t Sony focus on bringing their ips to mediums that has a far greater reach than gaming? If you were really a PlayStation fan, you would want these ips to be more popular. Like I said before, it’ obvious you never ran a business before, and it’s obvious you don’t know anything about it.
Who cares about what I want? I do, and if Sony does not continue to make what I want then fuck them, someone else will.

Trying to chase trends and please some projected broader audience is what gets most publishers in trouble. The best publisher focus on what they do best and find ways for it to work.

You guys seem to like scared and conservative Sony not the bold PlayStation of the past. They have what could very well be the best selling console of all time on the market yet are scared to invest in it, taking resources away from what created this success to chase an audience that couldn't care less about their games or console.

Jim Ryan's PlayStation is trying to be the Xbox of 8 years ago and you guys somehow think that is positive thing.

Exactly. Look at what Angelina Jolie‘s Lara Croft did for the character in pop culture. Films have insane reach.
Uncharted was already bigger than Tomb Raider without the need of some second grade move.

Last edited:

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Who cares about what I want? I do, and if Sony does not continue to make what I want then fuck them, someone else will.

Trying to chase trends and please some projected broader audience is what gets most publishers in trouble. The best publisher focus on what they do best and find ways for it to work.

You guys seem to like scared and conservative Sony not the bold PlayStation of the past. They have what could very well be the best selling console of all time on the market yet are scared to invest in it, taking resources away from what created this success to chase an audience that couldn't care less about their games or console.

Jim Ryan's PlayStation is trying to be the Xbox of 8 years ago and you guys somehow think that is positive thing.
Man a lot of bold claims.
And most are the opposite of what you said.

Sony is not just being bold but investing like never before.

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
Man a lot of bold claims.
And most are the opposite of what you said.

Sony is not just being bold but investing like never before.
Non GaaS investment is lower now than it was a few years ago.

What is bold about desperately chasing some GaaS success? MS, EA, Ubisoft, SE, all these publishers were doing it a few years ago, only to find out it doesn't work like that and go back to more traditional games.

Time will tell, maybe Fairgame$, Concord and Horizon GaaS are going to be great and bee huge hits but they probably won't be.

You'll all turn on Jim Ryan and Hulst eventually and pretend you didn't support his decisions all along, then start to suck up to the next executive, this stuff is too predictable.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Non GaaS investment is lower now than it was a few years ago.
You don’t know that.

What you know is a estimate/projection from FY22 that shows a decrease from FY19 (the actual year) but it shows a estimate/projection increase from FY22 to FY25.

Sony doesn’t share this data in financials I’m afraid.

Swolf712

Veteran
29 Jun 2022
Wisconsin, USA
Yes the outlook is not good.
Well, Piscatella RT'd this article, so it seems the outlook is better than you think.

His reluctance to speak on the data is less about it actually doing poorly, but rather about the nuance of launching on a single platform vs multiple and how that will be weaponized in forums, Which is ironic, given... well, yeah. lol

Man just doesn't want to deal with console warriors coming at him for how someone else is spinning his numbers.

Reactions: gtjay1982

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
I tuned into an xbox fanboy podcast to see what they even talk about anymore. According to them xbox is firing on all cylinders at the moment, sony is in decline, gamepass is growing left right and center, and Microsoft should buy square enix. Those are real quotes by the way. Oh and Japan wants a new regime to take over, IE xbox.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
I tuned into an xbox fanboy podcast to see what they even talk about anymore. According to them xbox is firing on all cylinders at the moment, sony is in decline, gamepass is growing left right and center, and Microsoft should buy square enix. Those are real quotes by the way. Oh and Japan wants a new regime to take over, IE xbox.
why even bother giving them a click

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Well, Piscatella RT'd this article, so it seems the outlook is better than you think.

His reluctance to speak on the data is less about it actually doing poorly, but rather about the nuance of launching on a single platform vs multiple and how that will be weaponized in forums, Which is ironic, given... well, yeah. lol

Man just doesn't want to deal with console warriors coming at him for how someone else is spinning his numbers.

I don't understand why you guys go against the data we have but anyway.
The sales are lower than previous entries even if you exclude Xbox from the equation.

Last edited:

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022

I could not imagine being that curious/bored to listen to such drivel