[Circana] June 2023 NPD, PS5 Top selling in both Unit and Dollar sales, Highest hardware sales since 2010, Diablo IV #1, FF XVI #2, SF 6 #3

gtjay1982

26 Jul 2023
Get out of the hypothetical and snap back to reality. There is plenty of evidence that shows that the standalone $499 X wouldn't just sell what the Forza bundle did and add nothing on top of that, but instead sold far more than the Forza bundle when made available.

We know it sold out for months before June and it would always place higher and sell more than the bundle than when the bundle was all by itself.

That's what actually happened. Not whatever you're going on about.

If the Forza bundle had 10K available, it only sold 5K. If the standalone X had 10K, it sold all 10K.

You seem to just be arguing that there is more demand for a stand alone XSX vs Forza bundle but I don’t see anyone refuting that. The contention is that overall XSX demand isn’t that high and the fact that the Forza bundle wasn’t selling out and scalper prices didn’t sky rocket points to the fact that XSX supply has been pretty equal to actual demand. This supply has not significantly diminishing XBS sales potential.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
PS5 and Xbox were actually kind of close in 2022 but then in 2023 we all know Xbox was way down. The difference must be huge now.
I have I guess… if you look at first half of years you see Xbox pulling numbers way higher than typically Xbox do in NPD.

It looks like due the PS5 shortages people choose to buy Xbox.

And when Sony started to put more consoles on shelves the Xbox sales gone downhill.

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
I have I guess… if you look at first half of years you see Xbox pulling numbers way higher than typically Xbox do in NPD.

It looks like due the PS5 shortages people choose to buy Xbox.

And when Sony started to put more consoles on shelves the Xbox sales gone downhill.

Agree plus the PS5 shortages made things look closer.

The shortages affected Sony far more than Xbox.

Welfare

Forum Veteran
23 Jan 2023
You got schooled. I don't know how you can even show your face here after what I did to you.

People on this page in this thread are spelling it out for you because you still don't get it.

If a good is in demand, people will pay more to purchase it. That didn't happen with the XSX.

Maybe the wretched vermin on installbase will believe you. Have you tried having a conversation there?
I got so "schooled" that everyone here first said the Series X itself was low demand, I had to point out no, the $499 had severe supply issues, everyone then pivots to "well, uh, the bundles" and since then, the most sold X and the one most in supply at retailers is the very model I said from the beginning needed more supply because it was supply constrained.

Funny how that works out, I knew for months what model of X was actually in demand while everyone here tried arguing otherwise, only to then move the goalposts after the fact to try and act like you were somehow right, which you still aren't lol

You admitting that the Series X standalone was hard to find out is you admitting I was right btw. You played yourself lmao. That was what I said for months and you agree. Take the L, move on, and go cry about Sony releasing games on PC or whatever you like doing.

Oh and one more time because you can't learn, whatever the Forza bundle sold while by itself, whenever the standalone X came back in stock, it would sell more than what the Forza bundle sold plus way more, and do it faster.

That's reality, stop arguing with reality, it makes you look uneducated.

$559 was not the price people wanted to buy a Series X, they'd rather wait for it to be $499. Especially so for a bundle containing Forza, a 1 year old game they'd get for $15 with Game Pass Ultimate. That was a truly awful bundle.

Even the PS5 shows the higher priced bundles don't do anything anymore. The $499 and $399 always do better than their bundle counterparts. I wonder where I've seen that before 🤔

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
I got so "schooled" that everyone here first said the Series X itself was low demand, I had to point out no, the $499 had severe supply issues, everyone then pivots to "well, uh, the bundles" and since then, the most sold X and the one most in supply at retailers is the very model I said from the beginning needed more supply because it was supply constrained.

Funny how that works out, I knew for months what model of X was actually in demand while everyone here tried arguing otherwise, only to then move the goalposts after the fact to try and act like you were somehow right, which you still aren't lol

You admitting that the Series X standalone was hard to find out is you admitting I was right btw. You played yourself lmao. That was what I said for months and you agree. Take the L, move on, and go cry about Sony releasing games on PC or whatever you like doing.

Oh and one more time because you can't learn, whatever the Forza bundle sold while by itself, whenever the standalone X came back in stock, it would sell more than what the Forza bundle sold plus way more, and do it faster.

$559 was not the price people wanted to buy a Series X, they'd rather wait for it to be $499. Especially so for a bundle containing Forza, a 1 year old game they'd get for $15 with Game Pass Ultimate. That was a truly awful bundle.

Even the PS5 shows the higher priced bundles don't do anything anymore. The $499 and $399 always do better than their bundle counterparts. I wonder where I've seen that before 🤔

Stop arguing with reality?

The reality you live in?

• fire
Reactions: ethomaz

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022

The Xbox Series X is, therefore, the only product in the history of the "free market" that's severely supply constrained, has loads of demand, but whose price ceiling does not increase and whose scalpers lose money on.

And still, you have the balls to say people don't understand about economics. You, an illiterate fool that has been in denial over his favourite console not having demand.

Also, on the PS5 debaclum, when the console was in short supply and demand was through the roof, you could see the bundles flying of the shelves, some of them over the $550 ceiling. Additionally, you could see the console being sold for over $700 on ebay.

That's what a real shortage is, you melon.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
The Xbox Series X is, therefore, the only product in the history of the "free market" that's severely supply constrained, has loads of demand, but whose price ceiling does not increase and whose scalpers lose money on.

And still, you have the balls to say people don't understand about economics. You, an illiterate fool that has been in denial over his favourite console not having demand.

Also, on the PS5 debaclum, when the console was in short supply and demand was through the roof, you could see the bundles flying of the shelves, some of them over the $550 ceiling. Additionally, you could see the console being sold for over $700 on ebay.

This is eerily reminiscent of the thread in the OT section with the flat earthers

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022

scalpers made millions on shortages and demand for PS5.

yet, this melon can't grasp that SX bundles weren't wanted not because Forza, but because it was shit console in the first place.

Reactions: FIREK2029

Cool hand luke

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
I've deleted the rest of your nerd sweat because after heaving and puffing on that inhaler, you've finally come to grips with reality in these last two sentences.
$559 was not the price people wanted to buy a Series X, they'd rather wait for it to be $499.
Also known as: demand not exceeding supply. Thanks for kissing my ring. You got there in the end.
Basic economic theory. Lower prices move a higher quantity of the good.

Welcome to reality.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz

I could understand if never saw a situation of demand bigger than availability but he saw how it works with PS5 having that and the price rising to unbeliever levels.

No matter how many games stores bundled or how high the price was the store sold PS5 in minutes…

Series is there… same price… bundles not selling… and he call it quits s having supply issues 😂

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
That exactly why PS5 doesn’t have more supply issues… when it was limited these bundles that doesn’t sell today was being sold in minutes at $600-700 or even more.

Do you understood now?

Now compare with what are you saying about Series… BINGO.

Reactions: FIREK2029

Cool hand luke

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
That exactly why PS5 doesn’t have more supply issues… when it was limited these bundles that doesn’t sell today was being sold in minutes at $600-700 or even more.

Do you understood now?

Now compare with what are you saying about Series… BINGO.
He's honestly too stupid to understand. It's like talking to a brick wall.

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022

Need to change your avatar to judge Dread, the way you lay down the law.

Judge Dredd GIF

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
I think Welfare is used to conversing with the nintendo/MS sycophants over at installbase, so his nonsensical theories make absolutely zero sense when talking to anyone not from there.
I went to read the comments about FF16 there and they are worst than ERA. They are extremely violent about the sales and Square. I've never seen something like this in my life. Deranged people.

nongkris

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
I went to read the comments about FF16 there and they are worst than ERA. They are extremely violent about the sales and Square. I've never seen something like this in my life. Deranged people.
yeah they have hated ff16 since it was announced for the simple fact of being a japanese playstation exclusive. they see any japanese game not coming to switch as being a traitor, and have to convince themselves that those games will sell poorly without the switch. which is what you're seeing over there

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
yeah they have hated ff16 since it was announced for the simple fact of being a japanese playstation exclusive. they see any japanese game not coming to switch as being a traitor, and have to convince themselves that those games will sell poorly without the switch. which is what you're seeing over there
They should be mad at Nintendo for making hardware completely incapable of running games like FF16 then

24 Jun 2022

Like I said before, they'll only soften up (or stop) if/when Square-Enix either announce ports of FF VII, XVI, and Rebirth for Xbox & PC (but mainly Xbox; though as @nongkris said, Nintendo fanatics are in the mix as well), or if SE are suicidal enough to let Microsoft acquire them. It is basically a hate-pressure campaign by pathetic hanger-on nobodies on a niche forum. These type of people feel like MS not getting every single Japanese game PlayStation gets is an injustice. The poor $3 trillion American mega-conglomerate is a human being whose civil & human rights have been rejected... somehow.

Meanwhile, they are 100% fine with Microsoft buying and foreclosing off big 3P titles from PlayStation in perpetuity through acquisitions, are deathly afraid of Sony making any notable acquisition of their own, want Sony to devalue their brand by doing Day 1 on PC for all their games, and want Sony to stop doing 3P deals even though Microsoft & Nintendo both do them and also engaged in more potent 3P deals industry-wise (3P NES era, Street Fighter 2, MS's entire OS license bundling model with PC OEMs going back to the early '90s and continuing to this day, etc.) well before Sony ever did.

And, Microsoft condone this type of behavior because they think it gets them results. Or at least, it keeps them in the conversation some way.

Anyway, back to lurking...