[Circana] June 2023 NPD, PS5 Top selling in both Unit and Dollar sales, Highest hardware sales since 2010, Diablo IV #1, FF XVI #2, SF 6 #3

historia

Veteran
29 Jun 2023
I tuned into an xbox fanboy podcast to see what they even talk about anymore. According to them xbox is firing on all cylinders at the moment, sony is in decline, gamepass is growing left right and center, and Microsoft should buy square enix. Those are real quotes by the way. Oh and Japan wants a new regime to take over, IE xbox.
It sounds like PSG strategy lol.

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
This will make fanboys really butthurt:

To me it's impressive that it isn't even more one sided than that. I still don't understand people that buy an Xbox, why? Since about 2008 or something Xbox has been beyond terrible.

The Xbox Series is somehow even worst than the Xbox One, something that I didn't even think was possible. The first 3 years have been putrid, hardware due to the Series S is about as bad as it can get and the short term future does not look good. This gen is pretty much unsalvageable for Xbox as far as games go, even if Starfield, Hellblade, Fable turned out to all be hit that is still not enough for an entire generation since so far they had pretty much nothing.

Stuff like the next TES/Fallout, the next ABK exclusive game such a long way off that Xbox most likely won't even exist by then if Sony is somewhat competent.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
That's not going against the data we have. The data we have suggests strong sales when contextualized properly. Nearly every source, including Square themselves, have said this.
We have actual sales data from Square Enix that says the opposite lol

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022

Jesus christ dude, you're the biggest reality denier on this forum. You make Adamsnipple seem like a sane person.

With 38 million PS5 consoles shipped globally (as of March 31, 2023), sales of Final Fantasy 16 surpassed three million units worldwide several days after its release on June 22, 2023,” Square Enix said.

“Taking into consideration the sales figures of the acclaimed Final Fantasy 7 Remake and the difference in size of the install base of the PlayStation 4 at the time of this title’s release, we can see that the attach rate of Final Fantasy 16 is considerably high, given the PS5 install base.

“Square Enix considers the initial sales results of Final Fantasy 16 to be extremely strong, and we will continue to carry out a wide range of initiatives to encourage even more people to play the game.”

• fire
Reactions: Cool hand luke

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
So why did you quote me when I said we have official numbers?

Gee, I wonder why. Let's contextualize, shall we?

@Swolf712 said the following (emphasis mine):
That's not going against the data we have. The data we have suggests strong sales when contextualized properly. Nearly every source, including Square themselves, have said this.

Then you said this, because you're in complete denial:

This is blatantly false, as demonstrated by Square's own comments, which I added as a quote. To clarify, you either ignore reality or take things out of context because you lack the ability to acknowledge you're wrong. I'll quote again, with the appropriate emphasis, just in case you're lost:

Taking into consideration the sales figures of the acclaimed Final Fantasy 7 Remake and the difference in size of the install base of the PlayStation 4 at the time of this title’s release, we can see that the attach rate of Final Fantasy 16 is considerably high, given the PS5 install base.

Square Enix considers the initial sales results of Final Fantasy 16 to be extremely strong, and we will continue to carry out a wide range of initiatives to encourage even more people to play the game.”

It can't be clearer than this.

Reactions: nongkris

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Gee, I wonder why. Let's contextualize, shall we?

@Swolf712 said the following (emphasis mine):

Then you said this, because you're in complete denial:

This is blatantly false, as demonstrated by Square's own comments, which I added as a quote. To clarify, you either ignore reality or take things out of context because you lack the ability to acknowledge you're wrong. I'll quote again, with the appropriate emphasis, just in case you're lost:

It can't be clearer than this.
But we have actual sales data that shows the opposite...
Plus the Square Enix financials hints they didn't even break even with FFXVI and it hurts a lot their profits.
Somethings is cleary off bettween what PR Square said and the results they shows.

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
But we have actual sales data that shows the opposite...
Plus the Square Enix financials hints they didn't even break even with FFXVI and it hurts a lot their profits.
Somethings is cleary off bettween what PR Square said and the results they shows.

Sales for FF16 are strong if not modest. It’s not a bomb but it’s also not a runaway success. I agree with the sales and fanbase downtrend game over game. At this point I’m also expecting Ff7r part 2 to do better.

Anyone who claimed it would do Ragnarok sales is way off. It won’t and nor does it deserve it.

Yo fuck that game. Half baked trash that looks and runs like poop. Should’ve gotten a 60% meta honestly