[Circana] May 2024: 1# Ghost of Tsushima, 2# Paper Mario TYD, 3# Helldivers 2, #8 Shadow of Erdtree; PS5 #1, 2#NSW , 3# XSX

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Lmao...the irony, GoT being #1 for the month while selling only 100k-250k isn't a meaningless statistic, but FF7R being #5 for the year while selling millions is meaningless statistic?

Yeah this I dont understand. People claiming PS needs to go multiplatform to survive. Without these PC sales….Sony is dead!!! Lol
Whatever can we do without the PC sales helping us

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: JAHGamer

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Lol ok, so just to be clear, Ghost of Tsushima selling 100k-250k units in a 2 week period is a success to you? 😂😂

Great PC sales to me would be at least 1 million, minimum. But it couldn't even do half that.

What is there to be upset about? If you saw that it sold 100k-250k units, and the game didn't have the shiny label of being "#1", then you would be saying the exact same thing that I am. Like I said, the standards for the PC market is in the gutter, and that's somehow not an issue at all, yet every PS5 sale is expected to sell 5m+ or its a flop.

Lmao...the irony, GoT being #1 for the month while selling only 100k-250k isn't a meaningless statistic, but FF7R being #5 for the year while selling millions is meaningless statistic?

Yeah, you definitely fell for the FUD, sad to see 😢
How many PlayStation exclusives sell 1 million in 2 weeks on NPD?? like since you wanna throw out ridiculous numbers, what's the last Sony exclusive outside of Spiderman that did this? Post 2020.

And no I didn't include Helldivers 2 since unfortunately PC carried it more at launch and that totally goes against your argumentsl here 🥲.

No I wouldn't be saying the same thing? I can again find my comments on this forum where I was hoping this game would flop on PC lol. It did good the first month of release though?

FF7 has not sold millions in North America, like why are you trying to lie? Or are you obtused about what thread you are in? If the game had sold millions at $70 it would be #1 or #2 🤣

It has underperformed, again these dollar based charts aren't telling the full picture, even. Starfield was top 10 for awhile last year....

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Being 5 is a good achievement, I dont know what anyone else expects
Except that's not the discussion being had here? The game is still underperforming? It had a good debut and that's why it's still top 5 along with the fact there really has been many big releases as yet. The game literally cliff dived off the charts.

If it doesn't return to NPD next month then, smerhyis clearly wrong

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
If it sold exactly what it sold but it was on PC/Xbox, it would be considered amazing. But since it's only on PS5, it's underwhelming and could do better.

I can't wait for this to go to PC and for it to flop just like FF7Remake did. No one will say anything about it as usual. It still hasn't sold 1m on PC after 3 years. But no one cares about FF7 Remake selling poorly on PC because there aren't countless articles and YouTube videos telling people to think like that.
TBH it was weird how neither Sony or Square advertised much for it in Jpn or even worldwide for what it was. Also the media didnt hype it nowhere near as much as most 90+ metacritic games get.

But guess what happened when Dragons Dogma 2 (86metacritic) came out at the same time as ROR, it was being deemed as the next Elden Ring lol. And Championed by the media and forum fans (most who had not even touched the game yet). The media is so biased towards Playstation its unreal.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: JAHGamer

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
TBH it was weird how neither Sony or Square advertised much for it in Jpn or even worldwide for what it was. Also the media didnt hype it nowhere near as much as most 90+ metacritic games get.

But guess what happened when Dragons Dogma 2 (86metacritic) came out at the same time as ROR, it was being deemed as the next Elden Ring lol. And Championed by the media and forum fans (most who had not even touched the game yet). The media is so biased towards Playstation its unreal.
DD2 is better than Elden Ring and ROR (all 3 are incredible)

this forum gotta chill w the Dragons Dogma slander lol

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Except that's not the discussion being had here? The game is still underperforming? It had a good debut and that's why it's still top 5 along with the fact there really has been many big releases as yet. The game literally cliff dived off the charts.

If it doesn't return to NPD next month then, smerhyis clearly wrong
If it stays in the top 5-10 by the end of the year it will have been worth it.

Sony needs to drop the PS5 price, and start advertising for its 2nd wave of games. Games like FF7, GT7, Spiderman 2 and the rest will get a good boost.

Reactions: Danja

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
How many PlayStation exclusives sell 1 million in 2 weeks on NPD?? like since you wanna throw out ridiculous numbers, what's the last Sony exclusive outside of Spiderman that did this? Post 2020.

And no I didn't include Helldivers 2 since unfortunately PC carried it more at launch and that totally goes against your argumentsl here 🥲.

No I wouldn't be saying the same thing? I can again find my comments on this forum where I was hoping this game would flop on PC lol. It did good the first month of release though?

FF7 has not sold millions in North America, like why are you trying to lie? Or are you obtused about what thread you are in? If the game had sold millions at $70 it would be #1 or #2 🤣

It has underperformed, again these dollar based charts aren't telling the full picture, even. Starfield was top 10 for awhile last year....
Dude I never said 1m on NPD...I clearly meant worldwide? 🤦‍♂️ You need to work on your reading comprehension bro. The rest of your comment is meaningless because you misinterpreted a basic message.

Not to mention how horribly optimized Dragons Dogma 2 was and still is, but it was the media's champion purely because it was on PC/Xbox.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
To give my two cents here…

GoT selling whatever over 100k at launch in US for PC only is indeed good… if it is 250k the it is great… it is after a very old game that everybody with a PlayStation already played.

BTW it is one of the best PS launches on PC.

Rebirth didn't sell millions in US… it is probably below 1.5 million (it is below The Show that peaks at 2 million in US in the year after the Nov/Dec sales) and it way below what Remake did… the biggest question if it is below or not the already low sales of FFXVI in US.

Last edited:

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Don't waste my time if you are just going to be pretending you don't understand the meaning of what was written, I have no interest in disingenuous discussions. Trying to gaslight us into thinking people haven't brought up the argument that PC ports are necessary for these games to be viable isn't cool.

The reason you won't answer my question is because you can't without contradicting yourself.
Waste your time? Did I put a gun to your head to reply? And did I force to you reply incoherently and attempt to accuse me of implying something I never once implied?

And lastly don't asked me stupid ass rhetorical questions about Xbox mistakes about porting stuff to PC in 2015... We have hammered that discussion for the last 8+ years... It had no business being brought up other than you wanted to lead into your typical Sony is doomed and it will be them next rhetoric....yadda, yadda, yadda....

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
DD2 is better than Elden Ring
I havent played either, but Im not talking about whats better. I guess thats subjective. But DD2 was getting mad hype based on the early reviews. It ended up nowhere near Elden Rings score, or praise at the end.

People were trying to build another GOTY to compete with FF7Rebirth and kill any hype for Rise of the Ronin at the same time, 2 PS exclusive games.

On Demand

Veteran
Icon Extra
30 Jul 2022
There is just a unprecedented level of absurdity to the claim that a AAA game selling a few hundred thousands copies on PC is a success while games selling 10m+ and 20m+ on PlayStation are seen as insufficient/unsustainable.

It's not even an honest discussion to begging with, pointless.

Yeah it’s all agenda driven and goes along with the narrative being pushed by the media and Xbox fanboys that games need to be on all platforms and Sony’s 3rd party exclusives are hurting companies like Square Enix.

All nonsense.

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Dude I never said 1m on NPD...I clearly meant worldwide? 🤦‍♂️ You need to work on your reading comprehension bro. The rest of your comment is meaningless because you misinterpreted a basic message.

Not to mention how horribly optimized Dragons Dogma 2 was and still is, but it was the media's champion purely because it was on PC/Xbox.
We are in a thread about NPD are you slow? Nobody is discussing worldwide sales. So how can you go throw out 100 - 250k figures which OBVIOUSLY you are applying to the NPD charts but now you are claiming you meant Worldwide? You are full of shit currently... Go get a colonoscopy.

I'm done with your garbage in this thread... 🚮

Reactions: mibu no ookami

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
but it was the media's champion purely because it was on PC/Xbox.
Untrue. I am one of the people clamouring for DD2 for over a decade. The hype had been brewing for a long time, and the series was getting a spotlight it had deserved for YEARS after being overlooked. But of course, to console warriors, it was viewed as a threat to ROTR. The hate ROTR got was unbearable though, as it is a spectacular game. Being a fan of TN and Itsuno, it sucked to see both masters of gameplay pit against one another

Sad that it didn't live up to many people expectations, ironically, it was received familiarly to it's predecessor, misunderstood title.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
There is just a unprecedented level of absurdity to the claim that a AAA game selling a few hundred thousands copies on PC is a success while games selling 10m+ and 20m+ on PlayStation are seen as insufficient/unsustainable.

It's not even an honest discussion to begging with, pointless.
Are you really comparing an expensive game development cycle on console with a cheap port on PC?

You could have a point if the PC were doing in simultaneous release with PS and in this case PC could had sold more.

But for a very old game port on PC?

BTW GoT is one of the few games that found success on PC and it sales shows it… it not like R&C, Returnal, Sackboy, etc that really failed and where not worth the port.

Remember the sales in PS have to cover a dev costs of $100m or more while the sales on PC have to cover like few $ million port costs.

Last edited:

SuperPotato

1 Mar 2024
Deer Popcorn GIF

• thisistheway
Reactions: Danja and Johnic

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
To give my two cents here…

GoT selling whatever over 100k at launch in US for PC only is indeed good… if it is 250k the it is great… it is after a very old game that everybody with a PlayStation already played.

BTW it is one of the best PS launches on PC.
I was being generous with 250k, and no 250k is still terrible. It's most likely around 150k... and that is also horrible.

Being the best PS launch on PC is meaningless, a slightly smaller flop in a sea of flops.

Rebirth didn't sell millions in US… it is probably below 1.5 million
I never said it did 🤣

We are in a thread about NPD are you slow? Nobody is discussing worldwide sales. So how can you go throw out 100 - 250k figures which OBVIOUSLY you are applying to the NPD charts but now you are claiming you meant Worldwide? You are full of shit currently... Go get a colonoscopy.

I'm done with your garbage in this thread... 🚮
Uh.. you're the one that said "it also did well in Europe"....which also isn't true. So I meant 1m sales worldwide for GoT PC is what I would consider the bare minimum for it to be good. But it's not even at 500k sold worldwide yet. NPD only should be at minimum 400k. You know damn well 150k sales is horrible, but you refuse to admit it because you don't want to lose to me again for the 500th time 🤣

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
I havent played either, but Im not talking about whats better. I guess thats subjective. But DD2 was getting mad hype based on the early reviews. It ended up nowhere near Elden Rings score, or praise at the end.

People were trying to build another GOTY to compete with FF7Rebirth and kill any hype for Rise of the Ronin at the same time, 2 PS exclusive games.
The massive hype is from the fact that Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen, is one of the greatest ARPGs ever made, even after 10 years after it's release. Don't let dumb console wars shroud what truly gave the game a spotlight, it's cult following singing it's praises across 2 console generations with no follow-up

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
I was being generous with 250k, and no 250k is still terrible. It's most likely around 150k... and that is also horrible.

Being the best PS launch on PC is meaningless, a slightly smaller flop in a sea of flops.
How much to you believe one of the best selling games on PC sold at launch in US?

Let’s take God of War… It did 900k in 2 and a half month worldwide.

How much do you believe it sold in launch NPD?

PS. You guys are really crazy comparing old PC ports sales with console games release sales lol

Last edited:

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
How much to you believe one of the best selling games on PC sold at launch in US?

Let’s take God of War…

It did 900k in 2 and a half month worldwide.

How much do you believe it sold in launch NPD?
Probably around 200k also, it was #5 on NPD for its month and was outsold by a late port of Monster Hunter Rise which wasn't a big seller either.

image.png

Reactions: Kokoloko

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Uh.. you're the one that said "it also did well in Europe"....which also isn't true. So I meant 1m sales worldwide for GoT PC is what I would consider the bare minimum for it to be good. But it's not even at 500k sold worldwide yet. NPD only should be at minimum 400k. You know damn well 150k sales is horrible, but you refuse to admit it because you don't want to lose to me again for the 500th time 🤣
Before you attempt to twist words and make up fake quotes just always remember my words doesn't magically disappear because we go onto a fresh page lmao.

I literally differentiated between both markets, something you attempted to conflate when you backed yourself into corner with an inconsistent argument.

So what would have been great sales for you for a PC port in just North America? We have seen the European data as well and it's #2 there for the respective month.
Noticed I said we have seen the European data and also debuted at #2? Which aligns with what we are also seeing in North America? Notice I used "RESPECTIVE MONTH" to imply the game had a good launch. I have no clue how it's selling now but the launch was obviously a success and that's all I have said in here

And there was no way the launch was gonna be 400k, but then again you are throwing out random numbers and easy for you to do that because you're nothing but an armchair forum analyst of bad data reporting.

Imagine thinking I come here to win or lose a discussion lmao....please go outside and sniff some grass and jump back into reality old man

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: voke