Colin Moriarty says Sony should sell Bungie, PlayStation rethinking its Live Service strategy...

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Let's be real, thanks to Nintendo's monopolistic policies and NEC being morons, TG-16 was never really in the race to be able to really drop out of it.
I mean it didn't last long but they had some gd things also the handheld tht played console games on the go. Ppl act like the switch was a new thing, NEC been innovated with the turboexpress. Nintendo just did a modern version.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: flaccidsnake

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
Icon Extra
22 Jun 2022
End any sort of GaaS model and lean into making PS+ more attractive with Day 1 releases for the premium tier - or just have another tier altogether.
They need less tiers with a reshuffle, not more?

There's no distinction other than PS3 BC status being shite, to split Classics Catalogue from Games Catalogue across two tiers. I can't remember what else tier 3 has above the others, but there should be only 2 tiers.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
They need less tiers with a reshuffle, not more?

There's no distinction other than PS3 BC status being shite, to split Classics Catalogue from Games Catalogue across two tiers. I can't remember what else tier 3 has above the others, but there should be only 2 tiers.
PS5 game Streaming and streaming in general.

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
I mean it didn't last long but they had some gd things also the handheld tht played console games and plugged into the TV well before the switch. Ppl act like the switch was a new thing, NEC been innovated with the turboexpress. Nintendo just did a modern version.
TurboExpress didn't have a TV out, but it did have an optional TV tuner, so you couldn't play the games on your TV, but you could watch TV on the handheld, IIRC.

Also, if Nintendo claimed they invented farting, millions of idiots online would act like nobody had ever ripped one before.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
TurboExpress didn't have a TV out, but it did have an optional TV tuner, so you couldn't play the games on your TV, but you could watch TV on the handheld, IIRC.

Also, if Nintendo claimed they invented farting, millions of idiots online would act like nobody had ever ripped one before.
Yeah I meant console games on the go.

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
Icon Extra
22 Jun 2022
PS5 game Streaming and streaming in general.
Bring them all down a step and reshuffle, eliminate Tier 3 and arguably even Tier 2.

PS services/features by having PSN account:
Remote play & shareplay
free online play
save data cloud backup & cross save
game trials/demos & save retention into purchased game

PS+
  • Games - Streaming (ALL - BC Classics upto PS5)
  • Games - Free Monthly Games
  • Early Access Releases - for games/doc's and auto-registration and guaranteed access for betas/alphas etc, handled through the PS account's game preorder status toggle.
  • Synergied Preorder Bonuses - anime/manga/movie/BC catalouge of game IP etc.
  • PStore - further discounts on PStore sales
  • PStore - cross buy
  • PS Server Rentals (game dead? Developers moved on? Spin up some servers on the backend and have a good weekend on some old game, set up a tournament etc. Someone's gonna have to explain this idea to me fully, but I've seen games flip that switch at end of financial feasibility/end of life.)

Can't remember what else is available across PS+ service tiers, but that's loosely how I'd restructure things.

• haha
Reactions: KiryuRealty

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
People are mentioning politics but I think he's too dumb to have a coherent political philosophy. Does he lean to the left? To the right? Liberal? Authoritarian? I can't honestly tell, I think he's just dumb and wants whatever makes him feel good.

Last edited:
  • they're_right_you_know
Reactions: KiryuRealty

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
I mean it didn't last long but they had some gd things also the handheld tht played console games on the go. Ppl act like the switch was a new thing, NEC been innovated with the turboexpress. Nintendo just did a modern version.
The Game Gear had an SMS adapter too, a year later. And then, of course, there was stuff like the Nomad and CDX (have both, think both are broken.)

The big differences, in my opinion, were battery life and rechargability, ease of conversion (a single protected usb outlet in the dock versus cords going directly to the tv and power outlet) and, of course, the joycons letting you separate the controller from the unit when playing on a tv.

Reactions: Gamernyc78

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
People are mentioning politics but I think he's too dumb to have a coherent political philosophy. Does he lean to the left? To the right? Liberal? Authoritarian? I can't honestly tell, I think he's just dumb and wants whatever makes him feel good.
he's classically ego-itarian

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
The Game Gear had an SMS adapter too, a year later. And then, of course, there was stuff like the Nomad and CDX (have both, think both are broken.)

The big differences, in my opinion, were battery life and rechargability, ease of conversion (a single protected usb outlet in the dock versus cords going directly to the tv and power outlet) and, of course, the joycons letting you separate the controller from the unit when playing on a tv.
True, gd points.

KiryuRealty

28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.

The SMS adapter was not a licensed accessory.

shrike0fth0rns

Veteran
9 Dec 2022
Sell Druckman's ass to Sony Pictures and never fucking look back.

Let him fulfil Paul W. Anderson's Resident Evil movies/shows role for ND game IPs.
He doesn’t have to go anywhere to work with Sony pictures. ND is doing a great job and right now he’s the heart of ND. He’s fine where he is. Unless he specific creates a new ip to helm I think after factions and last of us 3 drop he will sit back and be less directly involve creatively in game projects going forward. Factions isn’t his project neither is the new ip. He’s focused on lou3 and the tv show and I think he’s fine their wrapping up Ellie’s arc.

KiryuRealty

28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
He doesn’t have to go anywhere to work with Sony pictures. ND is doing a great job and right now he’s the heart of ND. He’s fine where he is. Unless he specific creates a new ip to helm I think after factions and last of us 3 drop he will sit back and be less directly involve creatively in game projects going forward. Factions isn’t his project neither is the new ip. He’s focused on lou3 and the tv show and I think he’s fine their wrapping up Ellie’s arc.
The hate for Druckmann is as ridiculous as the hate for Jim Ryan online.

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023
Former twitter handle @notaxation

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: anonpuffs