Colin Moriarty says Sony should sell Bungie, PlayStation rethinking its Live Service strategy...

laynelane

Veteran
14 Jul 2022
End any sort of GaaS model and lean into making PS+ more attractive with Day 1 releases for the premium tier - or just have another tier altogether.

Sony has been clear about why they are not pursuing Day 1 releases. It will negatively impact their budgets for first-party. It's been six years since Game Pass launched. Time to give up on the dream on anybody following Xbox in this particular race to the bottom.

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
I wonder how all the other PS development studios feel with Bungie getting all this special treatment.

Which they don’t deserve cause they haven’t earned it.

Time to take full control.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Diah

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
End any sort of GaaS model and lean into making PS+ more attractive with Day 1 releases for the premium tier - or just have another tier altogether.
lol maybe @Edmund was right and you are an undercover xbox fanboy 😂🤣

Games releases 1 on ps +? GTFOH! The only people that ask for dumb stuff like that are people that want to see the downfall of PlayStation like this clown:

8Qk5QtP.jpg

Reactions: Diah and BroodCorp

Say1nMan

Veteran
28 Jul 2023
Sony had already jacked up the price for all PS+ tiers without doing day n date. This is Sony we're talking about so imagine what they would charging us for a PS+ with day n date. Yeah no thanks.

Reactions: BroodCorp

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Sony had already jacked up the price for all PS+ tiers without doing day n date. This is Sony we're talking about so imagine what they would charging us for a PS+ with day n date. Yeah no thanks.
Rumor is Final Fantasy Origins Stanger in Paradise is joining PS+ this month. Price is fair.

Thank you Jim 🍪

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
No, they got two seats on a 5-seat board, as has been reported.

Contractually, that arrangement is revoked if Bungie screws the pooch financially. Bungie did, but the fiscal year has to close for Sony to get the board turned over.

Exactly. Wholly owned subsidiaries are independent legal entities and depending on their agreement with the parent company, they may act independently, semi-independently, or by the parent company's policies. As you said, it will come down to the board of directors, and in Bungie's case, Sony has a minority position on their board. Sony most certainly has contractual provisions that allow them to replace the board fully and probably has some degree of control around their releases, including schedule, platforms, marketing budget, etc.

BroodCorp

Veteran
Icon Extra
28 May 2023
Sony has been clear about why they are not pursuing Day 1 releases. It will negatively impact their budgets for first-party. It's been six years since Game Pass launched. Time to give up on the dream on anybody following Xbox in this particular race to the bottom.
Sure they don’t have day 1 games on there now but they’re hedging their bets. Not sure why some act like it can never happen.

ToTTenTranz

Icon Extra
4 Aug 2023
Nonsense.
I don't play any live service games, but even I know Sony needs to be able to compete in that genre especially now that CoD will eventually be going away.

They just don't need 12 of those (what the fuck were they thinking?), but for two or three they absolutely need Bungie's expertise in that market.

laynelane

Veteran
14 Jul 2022
Sure they don’t have day 1 games on there now but they’re hedging their bets. Not sure why some act like it can never happen.

I explained it in my reply to you. Your personal opinion of "hedging their bets" makes me wonder if you are simply trying to start arguments.

• thinking_hard
Reactions: KiryuRealty

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023
Nonsense.
I don't play any live service games, but even I know Sony needs to be able to compete in that genre especially now that CoD will eventually be going away.

They just don't need 12 of those (what the fuck were they thinking?), but for two or three they absolutely need Bungie's expertise in that market.
Right, Sony doesn't need to make twelve service games. They just have to play the lottery twice and win both times.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
I wonder how all the other PS development studios feel with Bungie getting all this special treatment.

Which they don’t deserve cause they haven’t earned it.

Time to take full control.
SIE already had full control over Bungie since the day they were acquired. The only special treatment they have is that Bungie hsa their own publishing label that they will use to -unlike PS Studios- to publish their next games in all platforms day one, because Sony wants money from the other platforms without putting PS Studios on rival consoles.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
So according to you they should have cancelled Gran Turismo 7 and MLB?